HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada


 

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
     
     
  #10  
Old Posted Feb 19, 2025, 4:24 PM
Truenorth00 Truenorth00 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 29,115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chocolite View Post
I was surprised to see London left off, but I can see Kitchener Waterloo due to the Go train. One of the things I’ve noticed with high-speed rail in Europe is it takes a while for the train to get revved up to the high speeds and then to slow down again in Kitchener is almost too close for that. London, though would make sense given the distance, I think.
Maybe a later phase would include Kitchener in London?
1) It's bad enough that they had to extend it to Quebec City. That's why the sticker shock has moved up substantially. It would even worse if London was included in this phase.

2) Nothing can be done west of Union until Metrolinx sorts out the tracks for GO Expansion, electrification, and freight rail conflicts. When they are actually done all that in 2035, Phase 2 HSR planning can start.
Reply With Quote
     
     
End
 
 
 

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 7:14 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.