Quote:
Originally Posted by wwmiv
It may have a vantage to sensitive training areas that the nearby towers lack, presenting a security concern. That nugget should have been kept out of the article, imho.
|
I think the Air Force comes in because all of Joint Base SA is technically run by the Air Force, including the Army at Fort Sam. Now what a tower one block east of a similar scale existing tower could possibly have a vantage point on is anyone's guess. Almost everything on the east side of Fort Sam is residential. Maybe the Quadrangle, since I think the 5th Army is still officed there? But that's literally open to the public for tours with a pass. Also there's other tallish buildings around Grayson, like the 5 story office building at the top of Government Hill that literally looks right down at the Quadrangle. I'm guessing it's just a knee 🞵🞵🞵🞵 🞵🞵🞵 hand reaction from the Air Force that they hadn't really studied properly, if they actually cared about tall buildings around Fort Sam they'd work with COSA on a development buffer like they did around Camp Bullis.