HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Transportation


 

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
     
     
  #10  
Old Posted Jan 6, 2025, 2:35 PM
dchan's Avatar
dchan dchan is offline
No grabbing my banana!
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: 10021
Posts: 2,671
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawford View Post
If people want to enter the congestion zone and are cheapskates, and don't meet the lower income discounts, you can always enter overnight. It's just $2.25, less than a subway fare.

Most businesses will benefit from this. Say a plumber, who enters Manhattan daily and does say 3-4 jobs. A $9 toll for less congestion will save him more than sitting in traffic. And his customers, already being charged hundreds for him just showing up, can eat the proportional $2 or whatever.
I live nearby 60 St, so I woke up shortly after midnight to drive my car into the toll zone then back to my apartment building. Then I drove my car to my garage in Queens this morning (it's near my office).

Passenger cars will only be charged once per day, so I am hoping to only pay $2.25. I will see what my EZ Pass account says in a few days.

Commercial traffic will take the brunt of the tolls because they can be charged a fee multiple times per day (not just once per day). Each time they enter the congestion zone they will pay a fee of $14.40 or $21.60, depending on the size of the truck (small box trucks pay less) or the type of bus (charter buses pay less, tour buses pay more).

We won't know how drivers and businesses will respond to the toll until they become familiarized with it over a couple of months.
__________________
I take the high road because it's the only route on my GPS nowadays. #selfsatisfied
Reply With Quote
     
     
End
 
 
 

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Transportation
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 2:47 AM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.