Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiral Nelson
Mods, I beg, do your job and rid us of YOWetal's trollish moaning about DEI and right wing politics that is not germane to fixing OC Transpo. Amilcar is qualified to run OC Transpo, period. Irrespective of whether DEI policies exist, reducing Amilcar to a diversity hire is thinly veiled racism deeply insulting.
|
How is she "qualified period"?
If I understand correctly, her background is primarily technical, with an engineering background and experience running bus operations in Montreal.
General Manager of OCTranspo is a significantly political job, requiring navigating Council politics, communicating effectively with the public, dealing with the media, etc. The other part of the job is making hard decisions about what to cut in an environment of diminished resources and a significant decline in ridership.
I don't know about the inside baseball in city hall. Maybe she is playing this political role quite well and making the best decisions possible about where to put resources. But certainly just based on media reports that isn't as obvious as her supporters here are making it sound.