HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West


Reply

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #581  
Old Posted Jun 14, 2024, 3:56 PM
ucsbgaucho ucsbgaucho is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 366
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC14 View Post
It's not exciting at all, but about what I expected for year 1.

I have a conspiracy theory that they chose these colors because they would be neutral to any of the 6 remaining names.
They did announce that this is the permanent color scheme... I think Yeti, Mammoth or Blizzard would have to be front-runners with this scheme.

Also, there's going to be one more round of final voting.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #582  
Old Posted Jun 14, 2024, 4:52 PM
wong21fr's Avatar
wong21fr wong21fr is offline
Reluctant Hobbesian
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Denver
Posts: 13,126
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rileybo View Post
So perfectly on brand for Utah then.

Yep this is perfect. Just go with the Utah Hockey Team.


Anyone else getting a serious San Jose Sharks vibe with the colors and striping?
__________________
"You don't strike, you just go to work everyday and do your job real half-ass. That's the American way!" -Homer Simpson

All of us who are concerned for peace and triumph of reason and justice must be keenly aware how small an influence reason and honest good will exert upon events in the political field. ~Albert Einstein

Reply With Quote
     
     
  #583  
Old Posted Jun 14, 2024, 4:56 PM
Juancrocco Juancrocco is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2022
Posts: 25
White jerseys are amazing imo
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #584  
Old Posted Jun 14, 2024, 5:36 PM
airhero airhero is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 968
Yeah I like the color scheme. The styling is a bit generic but that’s okay and will probably change. It’s far better than the jazz yellow rebrand.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #585  
Old Posted Jun 14, 2024, 7:01 PM
bob rulz bob rulz is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: SL,UT
Posts: 1,616
The jerseys definitely look a bit generic but I think white and blue is just a really good color scheme in general so it doesn't bother me.

I'm not familiar enough yet with NHL teams to know if it's too similar to other teams or not.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #586  
Old Posted Jun 14, 2024, 7:24 PM
wrendog's Avatar
wrendog wrendog is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: San Antonio TX
Posts: 4,282
I actually like them. I like non busy jerseys (jazz highlighter yellow jerseys are barf, however).

I don't need lot's of designs and huge cartoony logos. Keep it simple
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #587  
Old Posted Oct 9, 2024, 5:20 PM
wrendog's Avatar
wrendog wrendog is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: San Antonio TX
Posts: 4,282
Game 1 in the books. Lot of fun to watch. Crowd looked great, but truly need that renovation. Excited to see what the future holds
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #588  
Old Posted Oct 12, 2024, 12:25 AM
RC14's Avatar
RC14 RC14 is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Posts: 1,149
The Minnesota Twins just went up for sale. It sounds like they want to sell to someone in Minnesota but I wonder if Big League Utah is looking at that as an option?
__________________
Real estate agent working in Salt Lake and Ogden
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #589  
Old Posted Oct 12, 2024, 12:56 AM
Comrade's Avatar
Comrade Comrade is offline
They all float down here
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Hair City, Utah
Posts: 9,635
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC14 View Post
The Minnesota Twins just went up for sale. It sounds like they want to sell to someone in Minnesota but I wonder if Big League Utah is looking at that as an option?
I doubt they'd move. They just built a new stadium not too long ago. No way would the MLB push that sale.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #590  
Old Posted Oct 12, 2024, 1:21 AM
RC14's Avatar
RC14 RC14 is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Posts: 1,149
I thought I heard that the stadium was the only reason the MLB has allowed them to stay this long.
__________________
Real estate agent working in Salt Lake and Ogden
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #591  
Old Posted Oct 12, 2024, 1:52 AM
wrendog's Avatar
wrendog wrendog is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: San Antonio TX
Posts: 4,282
Target field is almost 15 years old. Still new, but older than I thought
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #592  
Old Posted Oct 24, 2024, 5:49 AM
Jerm Jerm is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: West Co, CA
Posts: 19
I’m probably lacking on following up but is there updates on what the delta center will look like with hockey and the Jazz and are the plans legit yet??
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #593  
Old Posted Oct 24, 2024, 4:08 PM
ucsbgaucho ucsbgaucho is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 366
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerm View Post
I’m probably lacking on following up but is there updates on what the delta center will look like with hockey and the Jazz and are the plans legit yet??
There's no renderings yet of the interior changes, only the exterior and those are just conceptual. It does look like they'll be extending the exterior of the building outward to make a larger lobby at the S Temple/300W corner, which will flow into the new entertainment district.

The rumors on the interior renovation that have been leaked in bits and pieces is that the floor of the DC will be raised to give more room for the "end rink" seats, so they don't have to push back all those seats on the ends since the hockey rink is longer and wider than a basketball court.

They're also going to make use of new technology retractable bleachers that I guess can be pulled out at different angles, so for hockey the rows will be steeper than for bball, but they won't lose any seats. Also, a rumor is that they'll do something similar to the new Intuit Dome's "Wall" at one end where it's a contiguous seating arrangement going up and not interrupted by a concourse. Was watching the first Clippers game last night in their new arena and that "Wall" is pretty impressive, even the players were mentioning how loud and imposing it was to have 50 rows of standing-only fans when shooting free throws.

The DC is really boring as an arena goes, it's as cookie-cutter as it gets. Hopefully they can take this opportunity to make it more unique. Getting rid of the box look on the outside will also go a long way.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #594  
Old Posted Oct 24, 2024, 5:20 PM
Atlas's Avatar
Atlas Atlas is offline
Space Magi
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Salt Lake City
Posts: 2,007
I am ready to join the public opposition to burying 300W for the Delta Center.
__________________
r/DevelopmentSLC
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #595  
Old Posted Oct 24, 2024, 7:08 PM
Orlando's Avatar
Orlando Orlando is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Posts: 4,132
Count me in on that too!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #596  
Old Posted Nov 22, 2024, 1:14 PM
wrendog's Avatar
wrendog wrendog is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: San Antonio TX
Posts: 4,282
Tampa stadium deal is all but dead. I'm sure the Millers are speaking to the right people.

Also seems PDX is making a push right now with their group as they have found a spot for their stadium. I don't think they have the funding or an actual owner, but they are still in the game
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #597  
Old Posted Nov 22, 2024, 4:40 PM
ucsbgaucho ucsbgaucho is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 366
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrendog View Post
Tampa stadium deal is all but dead. I'm sure the Millers are speaking to the right people.

Also seems PDX is making a push right now with their group as they have found a spot for their stadium. I don't think they have the funding or an actual owner, but they are still in the game
The redistricting and project was brought up at the City Council meeting on Tuesday, and there was a lot of public comment on it. Sounds like vast majority was in favor.

https://www.fox13now.com/news/local-news...salt-lake-city-for-potential-mlb-stadium
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #598  
Old Posted Nov 22, 2024, 11:03 PM
Comrade's Avatar
Comrade Comrade is offline
They all float down here
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Hair City, Utah
Posts: 9,635
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrendog View Post
Tampa stadium deal is all but dead. I'm sure the Millers are speaking to the right people.

Also seems PDX is making a push right now with their group as they have found a spot for their stadium. I don't think they have the funding or an actual owner, but they are still in the game
Portland has had multiple spots for their stadium over the years ... so we'll see i this sticks.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #599  
Old Posted Nov 24, 2024, 8:48 AM
rockies's Avatar
rockies rockies is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2021
Location: Utah
Posts: 369
Could the Toronto Blue Jays be a potential MLB team looking to relocate? I was watching a completely unrelated video on the Canadian Dollar and learned that the last time that the currency exchange rate and economic dynamic was similar to now, Canada lost two of its professional sports teams (American leagues) to American cities. He discusses it about 8-9mins into the video and suggests it a particularly vulnerable industry in the current environment

The Toronto Blue Jays are the only MLB team in Canada so it may be safe - but there are some pieces from the past few years on the idea of moving the team south. It is far less popular than many of the NHL/NFL/NBA Canadian teams and competes for air time with hockey during some times. I don't know much about it but it also looks like they played a few seasons in the US during and after covid due to prolonged covid policy in Canada and later stadium renovations? Although now back in Toronto, there may have been some speculation at the time that they could permanently move to the US as a result of that as well

Last edited by rockies; Nov 24, 2024 at 9:49 AM.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #600  
Old Posted Nov 24, 2024, 6:33 PM
RC14's Avatar
RC14 RC14 is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Posts: 1,149
^
I saw something the other day that mentioned the exchange rate as a hurdle to sports teams in Canada. I think they were talking about the potential for NHL expansion there?
__________________
Real estate agent working in Salt Lake and Ogden
Reply With Quote
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Reply

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 4:12 AM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.