HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Yesterday, 8:44 PM

As per FactaNV

Quote:
Originally Posted by FactaNV View Post
New tenant at the new Centreport railyard. Another transportation company called Highway Motor Freight.

https://www.winnipegfreepress.com/bu...-second-tenant

Old Posted Yesterday, 8:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justanothermember View Post
As per FactaNV
I had no idea this thread existed lol

Old Posted Today, 2:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoryB View Post
The rail park in CentrePort is under active construction near Roser Rd and CCW.
Is there any actual rail built in the CentrePort rail park, by the Focus Equities people? It seems these customers (Fastfraste, 4 tracks, Highway Motor) in the rail park don't have rail access and are setting up rail adjacent basically. Just like they are adjacent to the airport. I don't know if I've ever seen an actual plan about what the common use facility is supposed to be.

Patterson has undergone a rail expansion project in the last couple years, north of the CPKC main track. Maybe that's the rail track that was being built.

Old Posted Today, 2:42 PM
What could go wrong?

Plan

"But a city can be smothered by too much reverence for its past. The skyline must keep acquiring new peaks, because the day we consider it complete and untouchable is the day the city begins to die." - Justin Davidson - May 2010 Issue of New York

Old Posted Today, 2:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biff View Post
Plan

Man oh man I hope they can find some heavy industry to move into here with the railhead. I'm talking a factory that can provide good value-added jobs. We're desperately in need of more jobs like that to provide opportunity for people to join the middle class. Making 65k a year with a high school education could help solve a lot of problems in Winnipeg's inner city. Maybe the feds can take a break spending 10 garillion bucks bringing ev factories to S Ontario and spread the wealth a little. Just a smidge haha.

Last edited by FactaNV; Today at 3:33 PM.

Old Posted Today, 3:25 PM

Thanks for sharing that Biff. Is the larger document available? I dont think I've seen that specific render.

I've seen some of the plans in terms of the green rail routes. We've done work on proposed tenants in this area. But the actual yard part. What is it, just tracks? Or is there a cross dock or what's the plan for that?

In terms of tenants, we already know the Lithium/EV slowdown has put plans on hold elsewhere. Same here at CentrePort.

Old Posted Today, 3:31 PM

Overall I'm struggling a bit with the tenants in a rail served industrial park. Freight companies really aren't the best suited for that (rail served land) and they'll pay a premium for it.

It's industry that produces goods, like FactNV mentioned, that need rail access. Maybe the site for Highway Motor doesn't actually touch the rail corridor. But ya still early days for CentrePort. At least there's traction.

Old Posted Today, 3:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomberjet View Post
Thanks for sharing that Biff. Is the larger document available? I dont think I've seen that specific render.

I've seen some of the plans in terms of the green rail routes. We've done work on proposed tenants in this area. But the actual yard part. What is it, just tracks? Or is there a cross dock or what's the plan for that?

In terms of tenants, we already know the Lithium/EV slowdown has put plans on hold elsewhere. Same here at CentrePort.
I believe there is plans for a crossdock which makes sense for the customs clearance zones.

Old Posted Today, 3:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FactaNV View Post
Maybe the feds can take a break spending 10 garillion bucks bringing ev factories to S Ontario and spread the wealth a little. Just a smidge haha.
Federal government: "New jobs for Canadians!" Translation: New jobs for Ontarians. It doesn't matter which party is in charge, it's the same old story.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan