HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Aug 12, 2024, 11:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLAslimm View Post
some info about the Ideal Market on Carollton and Earhart I mentioned a dew weeks ago, possibility of another location also

https://www.nola.com/news/business/i...rce=featured-2
When he says he thinks there's demand for another location I'm pretty sure he's talking about this same new location. And I wonder how it will work. There's a large Hispanic population in Mid-City that's pretty well served by the one on broad already. Maybe they're trying to branch out I mean I'm not Hispanic and I go there too

Old Posted Aug 12, 2024, 11:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris from N.O. View Post
When he says he thinks there's demand for another location I'm pretty sure he's talking about this same new location. And I wonder how it will work. There's a large Hispanic population in Mid-City that's pretty well served by the one on broad already. Maybe they're trying to branch out I mean I'm not Hispanic and I go there too
you might be right on the location, its worded weird lol...they are popping up all over now..I am also not hispanic, I live near the location at Airline and Clearview and they have some damn good food, I love those red rotisserie chickens they have

Old Posted Aug 12, 2024, 11:52 PM

Quote:
you might be right on the location, its worded weird lol...they are popping up all over now..I am also not hispanic, I live near the location at Airline and Clearview and they have some damn good food, I love those red rotisserie chickens they have
Yeah I was going to edit my comment before you responded but I think what they may be going for there is that it's a bigger store than the one on broad. I didn't know they have rotisserie chickens I've somehow missed out on that. I generally go there for meat spices and produce

Old Posted Aug 13, 2024, 2:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris from N.O. View Post
Yeah I was going to edit my comment before you responded but I think what they may be going for there is that it's a bigger store than the one on broad. I didn't know they have rotisserie chickens I've somehow missed out on that. I generally go there for meat spices and produce
try it out, think I found what im getting for lunch tomorrow. they have a regular chicken and the red ones are fire roasted, you can get them sectioned already or whole, comes with a giant Jalapeno for about $10

and other food news, Savvy sliders soon to if not open yet, inside of Fatboy pizza on metairie road. got paywalled, cant read the story

https://neworleanscitybusiness.com/b...n-in-metairie/

Old Posted Aug 16, 2024, 12:43 AM

https://www.nola.com/entertainment_l...67512b622.html

John Besh is opening a new restaurant in Spanish Plaza.

Old Posted Aug 16, 2024, 2:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by socigradstudent View Post
https://www.nola.com/entertainment_l...67512b622.html

John Besh is opening a new restaurant in Spanish Plaza.
nola.com pay walled me on this one too, lol...when they done the new ferry terminal, they removed crazy lobster and built a new building, from the only pic I can see, looks like thats where it will be, by the 4 seasons, aquariums, Harrahs/caesars

Old Posted Aug 16, 2024, 3:14 AM

Quote:
nola.com pay walled me on this one too, lol...when they done the new ferry terminal, they removed crazy lobster and built a new building, from the only pic I can see, looks like thats where it will be, by the 4 seasons, aquariums, Harrahs/caesars
Have they started work on the fountain near the River walk ? Since the Super Bowl is coming , I’d figure they’d want it to renovated and working.

Old Posted Aug 16, 2024, 1:47 PM

Quote:
You can generally use the nola.com phone app to access the pay wall articles.

Old Posted Aug 16, 2024, 3:00 PM

Some images from the article

Old Posted Aug 16, 2024, 3:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDot View Post
Have they started work on the fountain near the River walk ? Since the Super Bowl is coming , I’d figure they’d want it to renovated and working.
ill be around there tonight and tomorrow night, ill try to get that way, no guarantee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridgeside View Post
You can generally use the nola.com phone app to access the pay wall articles.
yea the phone will eventually paywall you too if you view to many articles, it usually goes away after a few weeks or simply cleaning your cookies, same for the PC browsers. I was just drunk and lazy last night lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by sguil1 View Post
Some images from the article

yea, thats the same building, I took a night time pic of it either earlier this year or last year, it was empty then

Old Posted Aug 16, 2024, 9:32 PM

found that old pic with the soon to be Besh place...depending on the weather, maybe some updated pics not at night

Old Posted Aug 17, 2024, 1:32 PM

did not make it over to the fountain, it was thundering and lightening , maybe later today.

Poydras is now 4 lanes scraped, soon to be all 6, it is a shit show to be avoided, almost got stuck on a manhole cover as they are sticking above the street now, some 6" or more and they are dug out around making them worse

50fore golf

center bar at Caesars is not open yet, the construction walls are down but plastic barriers are still covering it. not from the GM but from a host, I got dates ranging end of August to mid September and from another source the valet entrance opening around mid September

Old Posted Aug 17, 2024, 4:04 PM

from the contractor, some Nobu pics and a glimpse of the center bar

center bar, some of the bar and the paper covered floor

Nobu restaurant

Old Posted Aug 17, 2024, 4:48 PM

Great stuff slimm- seems like construction is all over the downtown area.

Old Posted Aug 17, 2024, 5:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDot View Post
Great stuff slimm- seems like construction is all over the downtown area.
yea there is more than enough, the 1010 common building now has a crane on the top for whatever else they are doing, also equipment and materials behind little gem saloon. I havent even been down canal or through the quarter recently to see if they are doing anything yet

Old Posted Aug 17, 2024, 8:04 PM

Thanks for all the great pics slimm

New apartment style hotel, The Mayfair, opening this fall on historic block of Canal street

https://www.nola.com/news/business/n...e=featured-top

In the early 2000s, Mohamed “Hammy” Halum and his father, Damin Halum, began purchasing historic buildings on Canal Street with plans to eventually turn them into apartments.

Two decades later, their plans are finally coming together with a project in the 1000 block of Canal that will open this fall as an “apartment-style” hotel — essentially, a complex of short-term rentals — called The Mayfair.

Old Posted Aug 17, 2024, 11:00 PM
TL;DR

That's great to hear, one more step towards a revitalized Canal St. The ground-floor retail is proving to be the toughest part unfortunately, but it seems the city has been working behind the scenes to facilitate developers rehabbing the upper floors.

What's the latest on the Hard Rock Hotel site? Does Kailas still own it? I was hoping he would hand the site over to the city as part of a settlement and there would be some kind of public RFP for developing the site...

Old Posted Aug 17, 2024, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardecila View Post
That's great to hear, one more step towards a revitalized Canal St. The ground-floor retail is proving to be the toughest part unfortunately, but it seems the city has been working behind the scenes to facilitate developers rehabbing the upper floors.

What's the latest on the Hard Rock Hotel site? Does Kailas still own it? I was hoping he would hand the site over to the city as part of a settlement and there would be some kind of public RFP for developing the site...
its a dirt and concrete lot and pretty sure he still owns it, been a few months since I passed it but at that time it had a chain link construction fence around it, probably to keep people from using it for parking, the buildings around it are now covered in 5th grade shitty taggings

Old Posted Aug 18, 2024, 12:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardecila View Post

Pretty sure it’s locked up until lawsuits are done.

Not sure a city RFP will get anything done, like Charity or Spanish plaza. Hard rock ended up on canal because of a failed city rfp for Spanish plaza.

Anyone know what’s going on with the lawsuits?

Old Posted Aug 18, 2024, 4:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnolae16 View Post
Pretty sure it’s locked up until lawsuits are done.

Not sure a city RFP will get anything done, like Charity or Spanish plaza. Hard rock ended up on canal because of a failed city rfp for Spanish plaza.

Anyone know what’s going on with the lawsuits?
from a year ago, basically 3 people died and the people responsible walked free

https://www.cnn.com/2023/10/05/us/ha...ges/index.html

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations