HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan


 

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
     
     
  #11  
Old Posted May 4, 2024, 11:12 PM
Johnny199r Johnny199r is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2023
Posts: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackDog204 View Post
Visible law enforcement officers act as a deterrent from antisocial behaviour, so I would say they can prevent crime, or reduce it.
I disagree with this premise.

I lived in Thompson for many years. I witnessed more incidents within a couple hundred feet of the RCMP detachment from people than I could count. Fighting, drinking, 🞵🞵🞵🞵🞵🞵🞵 in the RCMP parking lot, general lawlessness all the while police came and went.

What kind of deterrent has WPS headquarters downtown been to criminals in the couple of blocks surrounding it, with all of the police coming and going? Hint: Not much.

When people are under the influence (Manitoba's gift), they do not give a 🞵🞵🞵🞵 if police are nearby.

You think people are going to snap out of being on meth or drunk as a skunk because some police are around? Hell no. What are police going to do? Especially if they aren't breaking the law?

This isn't like Chicago where police are trying to prevent drug dealing on the corner or gangsters beefing with each other in certain parts of the city.

As a criminal defence lawyer in this city, put as many police on whatever corner you want and it won't do anything.

Finding a cure for meth (and one that will unmelt people's brains who have already been on it) is THE ONLY WAY THIS EVER CHANGES, PERIOD. That problem is only getting worse and will continue to get worse, I promise you.

Last edited by Johnny199r; May 5, 2024 at 12:16 AM.
Reply With Quote
     
     
End
 
 
 

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 1:57 AM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.