HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > Halifax > Transportation & Infrastructure


 

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
     
     
  #11  
Old Posted Mar 28, 2024, 4:30 AM
OldDartmouthMark OldDartmouthMark is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 10,515
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saul Goode View Post
That's much less a concern than you might imagine. Virtually all large commercial vessels have bulbous bows below the waterline which would strike the stone pier before the prow could make contact with the bridge any of the structure.
Thanks, I had a feeling that you might know the answer to this.

I will now be able to relax a little more whenever I am driving over the bridge and see one of these behemoths passing underneath!

It perplexes me a little that Baltimore didn't have similar protections in place.
Reply With Quote
     
     
End
 
 
 

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > Halifax > Transportation & Infrastructure
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 9:23 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.