HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive


 

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #361  
Old Posted Mar 15, 2024, 3:59 AM
SEFTA's Avatar
SEFTA SEFTA is offline
Philly Pholly
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 1,289
shocking!
__________________
Smart Cities
     
     
  #362  
Old Posted Mar 15, 2024, 12:26 PM
PHL10's Avatar
PHL10 PHL10 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 1,775
Purplewhiteout pics....noice!
__________________
I've been living under a rock.
     
     
  #363  
Old Posted Mar 15, 2024, 2:13 PM
Redddog Redddog is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 1,769
Wow!

That thing is gonna be a beauty!
     
     
  #364  
Old Posted Mar 15, 2024, 2:24 PM
SEFTA's Avatar
SEFTA SEFTA is offline
Philly Pholly
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 1,289
Maybe ARAMARK regrets not building the early proposed tower.

Whale-Mural-Philadelphia by , on Flickr
__________________
Smart Cities

Last edited by SEFTA; Mar 15, 2024 at 4:46 PM.
     
     
  #365  
Old Posted Mar 15, 2024, 5:39 PM
Gatorade_Jim's Avatar
Gatorade_Jim Gatorade_Jim is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2022
Location: Center City, Philadelphia
Posts: 559
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdurk View Post
That would be awesome, looks similar to Chicago's riverwalk. I was walking the SRT the other day thinking how amazing it would be if I could just grab a beer or a coffee on the trail or even just use a restroom. The trail needs significant improvements in CC at least. Anyway I know this isn't a thread about the trail and 2301 JFK looks great going up. Can't wait for the facade to start being installed.
Yeah it's strange to me that there's not a coffee shop or other similar thing on the trail in CC. I remember there being a beer garden a little farther north on the trail, although I'm not sure if that was a one-time thing or not. I saw it in the fall.
     
     
  #366  
Old Posted Mar 15, 2024, 7:30 PM
Groundhog's Avatar
Groundhog Groundhog is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 533
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorade_Jim View Post
Yeah it's strange to me that there's not a coffee shop or other similar thing on the trail in CC. I remember there being a beer garden a little farther north on the trail, although I'm not sure if that was a one-time thing or not. I saw it in the fall.
My guess is a zoning issue in a flood zone? Would be nice though.

The beer garden you saw was part of Parks on Tap - it's a brilliant initiative.
__________________
You must construct additional pylons.
     
     
  #367  
Old Posted Mar 16, 2024, 12:48 PM
Justin7 Justin7 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 901
Quote:
Originally Posted by SEFTA View Post
Maybe ARAMARK regrets not building the early proposed tower.

Whale-Mural-Philadelphia by , on Flickr
I don't remember a tower proposal here. Were there details/renders?
     
     
  #368  
Old Posted Mar 17, 2024, 2:06 AM
yuryphilly yuryphilly is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2022
Posts: 113

     
     
  #369  
Old Posted Mar 19, 2024, 3:50 AM
SEFTA's Avatar
SEFTA SEFTA is offline
Philly Pholly
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 1,289
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin7 View Post
I don't remember a tower proposal here. Were there details/renders?
It was discussed but I can't remember any renderings.
__________________
Smart Cities
     
     
  #370  
Old Posted Mar 19, 2024, 5:26 AM
TK2001's Avatar
TK2001 TK2001 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Not your business
Posts: 2,819
2400 Market Street. Aramark moved out of their tower and moved to this location
     
     
  #371  
Old Posted Mar 20, 2024, 1:57 AM
Skintreesnail Skintreesnail is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 643
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin7 View Post
I don't remember a tower proposal here. Were there details/renders?
I think this:

https://www.phillymag.com/property/2016/05/27/a-preview-of-the-new-2400-market/
     
     
  #372  
Old Posted Mar 20, 2024, 3:57 AM
SEFTA's Avatar
SEFTA SEFTA is offline
Philly Pholly
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 1,289
HA! You found it
__________________
Smart Cities
     
     
  #373  
Old Posted Mar 20, 2024, 12:23 PM
PHL10's Avatar
PHL10 PHL10 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 1,775
Yesterday from the west bank of the Schuylkill:

__________________
I've been living under a rock.
     
     
  #374  
Old Posted Mar 20, 2024, 12:51 PM
Justin7 Justin7 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 901
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skintreesnail View Post
I think this:
Thanks. I remember now. It's certainly taller, but I can't see that as a "tower."
     
     
  #375  
Old Posted Mar 22, 2024, 10:45 PM
MadhattersLT MadhattersLT is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 91
IMG_3477 by Justin Heger, on Flickr
     
     
  #376  
Old Posted Apr 1, 2024, 7:10 PM
jaysb jaysb is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2022
Location: S.Hill
Posts: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadhattersLT View Post
IMG_3477 by Justin Heger, on Flickr
I couldn't snag a shot but I LOVE the fact this building is on a slight diagonal as it appears looking down JFK. Amazing.
Perhaps it just appears that way as the building flares out to fit the off shaped lot, regardless it looks amazing.
     
     
  #377  
Old Posted Apr 1, 2024, 8:18 PM
PHL10's Avatar
PHL10 PHL10 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 1,775
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysb View Post
I couldn't snag a shot but I LOVE the fact this building is on a slight diagonal as it appears looking down JFK. Amazing.
Perhaps it just appears that way as the building flares out to fit the off shaped lot, regardless it looks amazing.
It is a bit bitter-sweet in that it partially blocks the view of 30th Street Station when looking down JFK, which I wasn't anticipating.
__________________
I've been living under a rock.
     
     
  #378  
Old Posted Apr 4, 2024, 4:34 PM
TK2001's Avatar
TK2001 TK2001 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Not your business
Posts: 2,819
2301 JFK by Philly SkyGuy, on Flickr

Screenshot via a great video from Elevated Angles on Instagram
     
     
  #379  
Old Posted Apr 8, 2024, 9:50 PM
PurpleWhiteOut PurpleWhiteOut is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 1,084




4/8
     
     
  #380  
Old Posted Apr 8, 2024, 10:42 PM
TK2001's Avatar
TK2001 TK2001 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Not your business
Posts: 2,819
They're getting ready to install the facade! I cannot wait to see it!
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
 

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 4:30 AM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.