Quote:
Originally Posted by VancouverOfTheFuture
youre right about that. itll keep it as slow as it is now since there are ALREADY 3 GP lanes in the rush hour direction and it still crawls. you also ignored the fact itll take at least 10yrs longer, and cost 🞵🞵🞵🞵 loads more, and have a lot less than the original project.
also, those multi-use paths will be dangerous and disgusting since theyll be used as toilets, have bad sight-lines, and will never get rain on them to wash away the toilet uses.
the bridge would have had much better paths with better sight-lines and safety.
as for should the bridge have started sooner? 100% it should have. the NDP are idiots, always have been, always will be; and no one should have thought they wouldnt pull this 🞵🞵🞵🞵.
the NDP legacy includes the Fast-Cats & ICBC.
|
For clarity, I'm not saying (nor did I ever say) that a ten-lane bridge and an eight-lane tunnel are identical. Nor did I ignore any of what you claimed; I simply called out an erroneous comparison.
As for traffic speed, I think you know full well that the new tunnel will lead to improved traffic flow, even if it doesn't fit with an anti-NDP narrative. The simple fact that we'll have three wider, dedicated lanes, better transit flow, fewer merge points, no crossover, and no dangerous counterflow lane will markedly improve the overall throughput. As much as a larger bridge? No, of course not, but to suggest that it will be the same as the present setup is clearly nonsensical. Even the venerable Lions Gate Bridge, still only three lanes total, saw an improvement in traffic flow after the deck replacement project by virtue of having a wider, more modern roadway.
I'm not even going to bother with your rant against the multi-use tunnel, it's already been discussed elsewhere in this thread.