Quote:
Originally Posted by LO 044
WS is almost a curious airline for me now. Yes I understand they want to concentrate on YYC as a base but how much can you grow YYC? There are supposedly no plans to increase the amount of 787's so no growth in long haul flights so there is no growth there. How many more US flights can you add to YYC on the Max? And then even if you saturate the prairies with WS only there's only so much growth there. WS has decided to go after low hanging fruit and leaving YYZ, YUL and YVR? That's like LH saying we'll focus on BER and we'll leave FRA and MUC to others. Maybe if they feel they've saturated YYC they'll move on to YVR but they'll have a huge fight on their hands at YVR. AC won't leave YVR. I guess my long winded point is that I thought good point WS can provide feed to SK but their limited flights at YYZ will probably amount to nothing.
|
Given they are transferring all the SunWings flying to WestJet that will be interesting. This time next year there will be a significant number of sun destinations on WestJet aircraft out of Montreal, Toronto, Ottawa and a host of smaller centers in Canada.
It is a very weird mix of flights.
I think their focus is on Western Canada unless and sun destinations. So out of YYZ they fly to Edmonton, Vancouver, Saskatoon, Regina, Kelowna, (and I hope we get Victoria after swoop is killed).
I think they are very much doing their own thing and not sticking to any pre-existing model of what an airline should be.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LO 044
It's funny you mention TAP. They are/will be for sale and rumor is surprise surprise LH is interested in buying them out. If that happens, you can kiss that good pricing goodbye.
|
I like TAP and do hope they remain independent. The Government of Portugal plays a strong role in their direction.