HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Edmonton


Closed Thread

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #20001  
Old Posted Sep 27, 2023, 1:34 AM
Black Star Black Star is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 7,259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrison View Post
Hopefully whatever happens is similar to the original concept shared a couple of years ago...
Yeah, that's the one I remember....It was pretty nice.
     
     
  #20002  
Old Posted Sep 27, 2023, 3:22 AM
Coldrsx's Avatar
Coldrsx Coldrsx is offline
Community Guy
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Edmonton, AB
Posts: 69,138
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMD UW View Post
Heard there's an RFP coming out for the renovation of the Manulife podium...
Renovation?
Conversion?
Repositioning?
Demolishing?
__________________
"The destructive effects of automobiles are much less a cause than a symptom of our incompetence at city building" - Jane Jacobs 1961ish

Wake me up when I can see skyscrapers
     
     
  #20003  
Old Posted Sep 27, 2023, 3:23 AM
Coldrsx's Avatar
Coldrsx Coldrsx is offline
Community Guy
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Edmonton, AB
Posts: 69,138
Quote:
Originally Posted by stefanYEG View Post
Here's a walkthrough of what the Rice Howard Place renos will look like.

Anyone know what's going to happen with the lower level if the food hall is moving up to the main floor?
Why no Chase Nightclub reboot?
__________________
"The destructive effects of automobiles are much less a cause than a symptom of our incompetence at city building" - Jane Jacobs 1961ish

Wake me up when I can see skyscrapers
     
     
  #20004  
Old Posted Sep 27, 2023, 3:40 PM
s211 s211 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: The People's Glorious Republic of ... Sigh...
Posts: 8,519
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldrsx View Post
Renovation?
Conversion?
Repositioning?
Demolishing?
At a minimum, maybe get rid of the podium floors above the second floor?
__________________
If it seems I'm ignoring what you may have written in response to something I have written, it's very likely that you're on my Ignore List. Please do not take it personally.
     
     
  #20005  
Old Posted Sep 27, 2023, 3:53 PM
Black Star Black Star is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 7,259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldrsx View Post
Why no Chase Nightclub reboot?

Now you're dating yourself
     
     
  #20006  
Old Posted Sep 29, 2023, 7:56 PM
kcantor kcantor is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 2,987
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Star View Post
Now you're dating yourself
At least he wasn’t inquiring about darlings or jesters or crackerjacks or scandals or flashback although that might be pre-dating rather than dating.
__________________
"If you did not want much, there was plenty." Harper Lee
     
     
  #20007  
Old Posted Sep 29, 2023, 10:15 PM
RHINO's Avatar
RHINO RHINO is offline
Project manger
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: KAMLOOPS
Posts: 857
Edmonton night clubs... man I miss those from my early days. Cow boys, Nashville's, Reds and I used to work at the Rum Jungle.
__________________
Trudeau HAS dragged us all into ruin.
     
     
  #20008  
Old Posted Sep 29, 2023, 10:53 PM
YEG-Urbanist YEG-Urbanist is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2022
Posts: 120
More bad news for Downtown, Structube on Jasper looks to have closed.
     
     
  #20009  
Old Posted Sep 30, 2023, 12:51 AM
Hallsy's Toupee's Avatar
Hallsy's Toupee Hallsy's Toupee is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 6,895
Quote:
Originally Posted by RHINO View Post
Edmonton night clubs... man I miss those from my early days. Cow boys, Nashville's, Reds and I used to work at the Rum Jungle.
My go-to nightclubs were Chase, Senor Frogs, Cocktail Club, Dantes and Overtime. I rarely go nightclubbing these days since I'm too old for that now, but occasionally I'll go to On The Rocks on a Saturday night.
     
     
  #20010  
Old Posted Sep 30, 2023, 8:31 AM
itom 987's Avatar
itom 987 itom 987 is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 5,086
I have been going to On The Rocks almost every saturday night since spring.
     
     
  #20011  
Old Posted Sep 30, 2023, 4:45 PM
Harrison's Avatar
Harrison Harrison is offline
A Better Place
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 3,089
Quote:
Originally Posted by YEG-Urbanist View Post
More bad news for Downtown, Structube on Jasper looks to have closed.
Not Downtown (officialy) but a little disappointing still - I say a little because you can't actually purchase furniture from Structube locations since they are only showrooms. I wonder what tenant will take up that large of a space, though.
__________________
Bingo bango bongo
     
     
  #20012  
Old Posted Sep 30, 2023, 5:40 PM
Black Star Black Star is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 7,259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hallsy's Toupee View Post
My go-to nightclubs were Chase, Senor Frogs, Cocktail Club, Dantes and Overtime. I rarely go nightclubbing these days since I'm too old for that now, but occasionally I'll go to On The Rocks on a Saturday night.

The DJ there is a close relative

Ahhhh Overtime....some good times there.
     
     
  #20013  
Old Posted Sep 30, 2023, 5:42 PM
Black Star Black Star is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 7,259
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcantor View Post
At least he wasn’t inquiring about darlings or jesters or crackerjacks or scandals or flashback although that might be pre-dating rather than dating.

Yes, all Jewels in the crown of 80s Night clubs.

My Bro was at Crackerjacks for years.....It was renamed the Bridge when I was there. Beautiful spot overlooking the High level and River Valley.
     
     
  #20014  
Old Posted Sep 30, 2023, 5:59 PM
Harrison's Avatar
Harrison Harrison is offline
A Better Place
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 3,089
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Star View Post
Yes, all Jewels in the crown of 80s Night clubs.

My Bro was at Crackerjacks for years.....It was renamed the Bridge when I was there. Beautiful spot overlooking the High level and River Valley.
What spot/building was Crackerjacks located in?
__________________
Bingo bango bongo
     
     
  #20015  
Old Posted Oct 1, 2023, 3:24 AM
Black Star Black Star is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 7,259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrison View Post
What spot/building was Crackerjacks located in?

9708-110 St.... Called the Ledgeview business center now. The entire south facing first floor. It was a very large room. Way to many good times there... yikes lol.

[/url]

     
     
  #20016  
Old Posted Oct 1, 2023, 3:47 PM
CMD UW's Avatar
CMD UW CMD UW is offline
Urbis Maximus
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 12,009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldrsx View Post
Renovation?
Conversion?
Repositioning?
Demolishing?
Podium reno. Value $30M or something.
__________________
"Call me sir, goddammit!"
     
     
  #20017  
Old Posted Oct 1, 2023, 4:46 PM
Coldrsx's Avatar
Coldrsx Coldrsx is offline
Community Guy
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Edmonton, AB
Posts: 69,138
Well then.

Indeed, the report reflects this with Edmonton ranking among the most affordable markets for investors seeking to purchase a condo and rent it with an average price of about $193,000. That’s the third lowest average price among the 21 municipalities analysed, trailing only Lethbridge (about $182,000) and Grande Prairie (about $154,000).

That said, Calgary also fared well in the report as an investment market... while the average price of condominium was $309,100.

https://edmontonjournal.com/life/edmontons-condos-called-a-top-investment-opportunity
__________________
"The destructive effects of automobiles are much less a cause than a symptom of our incompetence at city building" - Jane Jacobs 1961ish

Wake me up when I can see skyscrapers
     
     
  #20018  
Old Posted Oct 1, 2023, 4:49 PM
Coldrsx's Avatar
Coldrsx Coldrsx is offline
Community Guy
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Edmonton, AB
Posts: 69,138
BP:

2023-09-28
Commercial Final
To construct FOOTING AND FOUNDATION ONLY a new 96 dwelling unit residential apartment building- Altairus
8615 - 108 STREET NW
__________________
"The destructive effects of automobiles are much less a cause than a symptom of our incompetence at city building" - Jane Jacobs 1961ish

Wake me up when I can see skyscrapers
     
     
  #20019  
Old Posted Oct 1, 2023, 7:50 PM
Xelebes's Avatar
Xelebes Xelebes is offline
Sawmill Billowtoker
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Rockin' in Edmonton
Posts: 14,027
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hallsy's Toupee View Post
My go-to nightclubs were Chase, Senor Frogs, Cocktail Club, Dantes and Overtime. I rarely go nightclubbing these days since I'm too old for that now, but occasionally I'll go to On The Rocks on a Saturday night.
For me it was New City Suburbs, Decadance, Twilight Afterhours and sometimes an event at Escape or Reds. Nowadays it's only Sugar Swing Ballroom for me.
__________________
The Colour Green
     
     
  #20020  
Old Posted Oct 1, 2023, 9:18 PM
Hallsy's Toupee's Avatar
Hallsy's Toupee Hallsy's Toupee is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 6,895
Taking a look at the current statuses of my old nightclubs:

Chase - fitness club/meeting rooms for Rice Howard Place tenants
Senor Frogs - Rexall drug store
Cocktail Club - Canbian construction (according to Google Maps)
Dantes - Alibi club (closed), the entire property is now fenced off and likely to be demolished
Overtime - Sync111 apartments
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Closed Thread

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Edmonton
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 9:03 AM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.