HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces


 

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
     
     
  #10  
Old Posted Aug 5, 2022, 6:45 PM
jonny golden jonny golden is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 2,970
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post
I think the rehabilitation of the Higgins Block has shown what can be accomplished with an enthusiastic and dedicated developer and property owner.

The trouble with the Flat Iron Building and the Subway Block is that they lies in that two block section in the middle of downtown Main Street which has badly gone to seed. Both of these buildings should be redeveloped at the same time to give the critical mass so that they can both succeed. It would also help if city hall could make redevelopment of this entire two block segment of Main Street a critical downtown priority.
I was actually thinking of the Higgins Block when I posted this. I'm also wondering about the mechanical systems in these buildings, as well as how sound they are structurally. Could they turn out to be a money pit for the developers? Something tells me they may need more than just a cosmetic face lift. Again, I really hope they are successful.
Reply With Quote
     
     
End
 
 
 

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 2:03 AM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.