Posted Oct 19, 2014, 6:09 AM
|
 |
Inflatable Hippo
|
|
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Suburban Las Vegas
Posts: 4,015
|
|
I remain completely baffled as to what exactly the perceived purpose of this exercise was or what a successful outcome would be for the proponents.
This mayor and council is needlessly serving the public a buffet of brussels sprouts. It's just an opening to others (with no greater ability to execute than they) to offer ice cream.
At least Transit City was real. This is creating a debate that will be just as caustic when there is no honest discussion to even be had. This is barely theoretical in the time frame this mayor and council acknowledges.
Although I think it's a lousy alternative for a lot of reasons, I at least respect that they're planning in the realm of the possible. But when there is no decision to be made today, tomorrow or a decade from now why breathe political life to an issue that just wasn't one?
|