I just got a response from LTC about those HORRIBLE bus stop signs, that I would argue look WORSE than what's out there now:
Quote:
The new design for the plates was selected after careful consideration and consultation with various community organizations, including the City of London and the Canadian National Institute for the Blind.
The colours used are in keeping with London Transit corporate colours as well as adhering to the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. The darker background with light lettering offers good contrast for people with visual impairments to read clearly. The white lettering will also be reflective making it easier for passengers to read the information at night.
The aim of the new signs is to provide passengers with information including the bus stop ID for use with our Webwatch and IVR systems, the routes that service the stop as well as any additional service notes regarding operating times for specific routes.
|
All the reasons they give has NOTHING to do with sign design. They look horrible. I'm happy with the additional information provided on them, but c'mon, they're like someone said, looked like a 10 year old designed them in 10 minutes.
[email protected] - email them if you'd like to see a better effort for the bus stop signs. What a joke and like I said, it's not 1985 anymore, have a better design be done.
FB page for the cause:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Better-Bus-Stop-Signs-for-London-Ontario/355116941174566?v=wall