Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi4life
wow!! with all the new developments, and ones in planing, and as well as the ones being thought about, this city is really set to be in a massive boom, these are now gonna become great times for saskatoon, and the rest of saskatchewan, also would love to see proposal developments for the north downtown, just like what the south is having right now
|
I would like to see the university spear head a development here. They understand traditional style more then any other organization in the city so they would be a good candidate in reviving and expanding the warehouse district. It would be really cool to see mid rise developments (5-8) stories line the roads in the traditional warehouse style. The bottoms would be loaded with little shops, cafes and clubs. Unique public gathering points could be created to really promote a loop of pedestrianism around the area. Like the blog entry I submitted, I think it would be interesting to toss around the idea of a massive park, but just not grass, something representing the birch groves south of the city mixed with major urban agriculture would be cool. Then perhaps this greening could funnel down Idylwyld to connect the space to the river. Vintage lighting, unique tree grates and interesting power/mail boxes could also be implemented to further reinforce the heritage feel of this area. I think it should primarily be residential and retail with smaller companies in it, as well as a satellite campus for the U of S.