Quote:
Originally Posted by Prometheus
This is precisely the point.
I like that U2 song. I also like the fat anthem singer who sings in the corny, pseudo-operatic style. But to use the exact same song (and the exact same anthem singer doing the exact same shtick) year after year after year gets old and stale. There comes a point when the rigid, unvarying monotony of the introductory sequence begins to negate its drama, since we all know how this movie begins.
With regards to the anthem, using the same singer every night squanders an opportunity for creativity, art and entertainment. The Canadian and American anthems are potentially beautiful pieces of music. It would be exciting and refreshingly entertaining to hear a different, authentic musician render a unique and potentially beautiful interpretation of these songs each night. This is a golden opportunity to showcase and enjoy diverse musical acts, from big stars to talented unknowns, from rock or pop to folk or bluegrass. The possibilities are exciting.
|
While it would be nice to hear some other talent at times.
I don't want to hear people that I've heard singing the national anthems at some of the US arenas. There have been some that absolutely brutalized the Canadian national anthem. Hell a monkey could of sung better.
So I say get new talent. But please make sure they can sing the songs before putting them in front of a life audience