HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West


 

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
     
     
  #9  
Old Posted Feb 19, 2010, 1:37 AM
i-215's Avatar
i-215 i-215 is offline
Exit 298
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Inland Empire (CA)
Posts: 3,494
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanboy View Post
I don't mean to burst your optimistic bubble , but I'm pretty certain the earth has been fully explored. the Sadi Arabian peninsula, which had the largest oil reserve, has already moved to off shore drilling. Off shore drilling is a very risky and expensive process. It is a 🞵🞵🞵🞵🞵🞵; most of the time this type of drilling is not cost effective. Having so much faith in the unknown seems a little irresponsible.
I hate to burst a pessimistic bubble (j/k ) but there are 130 years worth of oil (current consumption) in the sands out by Vernal.

Not a great option. Certainly not a cheap option. But it is an option. And honestly, we'll all be dead before the Middle East quits pumping oil.
__________________
I've stopped caring. Good luck, America
Reply With Quote
     
     
End
 
 
 

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 5:06 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.