Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.x
Well, I'm not asking for ridiculously expensive Dubai starchitecture designs but rather more types of materials being used....akin to the Millennium Line.
|
Honestly, I didn't find Dubai's metro had "impressive architecture." I mean, sure the stations look nice, but all the elevated station shared quite a similar design. I guess you can say that's the same for the Canada Line Richmond elevated ones.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.x
The Copenhagen Metro station designs (and trains for that matter) trump the Canada Line by a wide margin. There's no comparison. The underground stations have a much more cleaner (not as in not dirty, but appealing to look at) and sleeker look than the Canada Line.
With Copenhagen, it appears there was careful attention to aesthetic design throughout the design and construction process. With the Canada Line, it looks like the slapped on whatever that works and was functional. The white/blue tile corridor between the Waterfront platform and the CPR building is the most bizarre part of the whole line.
|
You are only looking at the underground portions of the line. The at-grade/elevated stations look quite different. While I agree with you, I like the minimalistic style on the Copenhagen Metro a lot more, it's a matter of tastes.

Photography by Ma Rui, Flickr

Photography by ITDP-Europe, Flickr
Their Airport Station. If you ask me, I take YVR's over this one for sure.

Photography by hugh1936uk
I didn't mind the white/blue tiles used in the downtown stations: actually, I rather they have an accent colour rather than using the same white tiles. The blue tiles gives the corridor, and the rest of the stations, more texture and definition. Again, it's a matter of tastes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.x
Bridgeport is absolutely disappointing, given its importance as a major interchange: a functional and aesthetic disappointment. They lost a huge opportunity to make a real architectural statement for this station.
|
That I agree with. I think I'll take Richmond's simplistic wood/glass design over the current Bridgeport one.