Quote:
Originally Posted by acadams
honestly just trying to see your view here not bashing anything..say I'm going out for dinner or shopping..why would I rather go downtown and either have to pay for parking or take transit or something..when I could go to a restaurant/shop in any other area of the city (except for maybe whyte ave area) and have access to thousands of square meters of free surface parking?
|
why? well for starters you may well find yourself able to walk to the occasional restaurant/shop without having to drive to a destination you make sound so [un]attractive i can hear it now - "why don't we go out tonight and check out what's happening in and around those thousands of square meters of free surface parking we could make us of?"
and if you have to drive downtown from anywhere near downtown, you're parking cost - if any - is still likely going to be less than the cost of the gas you'll burn getting to many of those "thousands of square meters of free surface parking".