Quote:
Originally Posted by edluva
which means those buildings were not called for. they were not "due" and were probably financial losses. no developer builds skyscrapers with the purpose of improving a skyline. they do if for profit.
la is not a city which requires much class a office space in downtown. there's no market for it because we are blue collar. frankly speaking, la is not considered profitable for big buildings. whether or not it is "due" is entirely the point. i don't understand why you think that somehow waiting 20 years justifies building a skyscraper at a financial loss. what sort of logic is that?
|
Yet again...hearing with one ear only gets you half of what is said.
I said...and I quote "
Im not all ready to start booking my hotel room, but it is probably one of the most interesting and ambitious proposals for the downtown area in the last 20 years, so in that way, we are overdue. So Im somewhat hopeful."
How you can misconstrue that, I dont really know. I said its the most interesting proposal I have seen in a long time, and HOPEFULLY, by 2011 when they would start and then 2014 when they finish, there might be a market for it.
What sort of logic is it to assume no structure ever can be PLANNED during a financial bust so it can be built for when the market recovers?