HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan


 

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
     
     
  #10  
Old Posted Apr 17, 2008, 2:31 AM
Andy6's Avatar
Andy6 Andy6 is offline
Starring as himself
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Toronto Yorkville
Posts: 9,764
Quote:
Originally Posted by drew View Post
I remember seeing an older Winnipeg map in this forum showing streetcar lines running up Lipton and down Ruby street in Wolesley. (I think between Westminster and Portage)

Anyone remember seeing this map, and whether the streetcar system ever went down these streets?

I live on Lipton, and there is a strip of asphalt/concrete along the centre of the whole street that looks suspiciously like an area where rail lines were removed and filled in...
One that I have shows the end of the Westminster bus route running up Lipton and Aubrey between Westminster and Portage (around 1940, I believe). If there was a streetcar it would have been short-lived since none of the World War I-era street maps shows it.
__________________
crispy crunchy light and snappy
Reply With Quote
     
     
End
 
 
 

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:16 AM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.