HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations


 

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
     
     
  #11  
Old Posted Nov 20, 2007, 3:52 PM
JackStraw JackStraw is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 2,799
I have no doubt that the market exist. With the amount of college students we have here, and our metro area is still very large we would easily fill up venues for the average popular "real" quality band.

I feel that a quality venue would not cost as much as a project such as North Shore live was proposed. If you look at the electric factory in Philly this was a old factory turned into a 5000 or so seat venue for these type of bands. When I lived there many good quality bands came through to that venue.

Now, A few questions since I am ignorant to the whole concert venue booking:

I was on Live Nation's website, and it list the Benedum Center, Peterson Event center, and more. Now I now they don't own these as Pitt owns the Peterson. Are there theaters they completely own in other cities that help bring these bands in that we don't have? I always thought the Benedum would make a great venue for bands. I never been in there (and It 🞵🞵🞵🞵🞵 to admit), but I figured Tori Amos, or Ben Harper would have been great to see in that venue.

Also, is the guy who heads live nation for our region really screwing us over that bad?

I was just disappointed in coming back to the Burgh and missing out on Modest Mouse, the shins, and more. I use to live a block from the fillmore in Denver and would pick up tickets for bands like this all the time. I know we do well with our Orchestra, Theater, Museums, and local art scene, but bringing in a good music scene must be an issue in keeping young people here and a good quality of entertainment. I don't like to drive to the Electric Factory every Modest Mouse tour.
     
     
End
 
 
 

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 1:48 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.