Quote:
Originally Posted by molasses
hehe, the irony of your post jaysfan is that it's impossible to say there are not public funds being spent to benefit the lake placid proposal....the fact that it is surrounded by a great park/public space paid for by the city/government is a defacto subsidy to them...so it's quite understandable to have some constraints/guides to the development.
Of course I do agree it's a good proposal (though question how acessible and 'public' the public space is) and agree people complain to much and (other) lefty hippie folk make foolish complaints....though I'm just as critical of the people who are development at all costs/tax cuts are the only way to success.
|
Not too many people here are development at all costs sort of people, but hey after twenty+ years of nothing but empty space along the river, I would gladly pay a tax increase to see something come along even Lake Placid.
But then we can wait another 20 years for the Perfect development to come along that satisfies everyone.