HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > Halifax > Halifax Peninsula & Downtown Dartmouth

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Jun 20, 2024, 2:08 AM
we built this city

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antigonish View Post
Hey Rookie, this is forum is a reflection of Halifax for better or worse. Having a difference in perspective is really important, even if it can seem infuriating at times. Keith and DartmouthMark are the resident boomers that are allowed to crow and caw from their front porches when the rest of us get too close to walking on their lawn. It's just the way things work here.

I will be Halifax's Robert Moses in the coming years. I will subvert, manipulate, and play competing factions and power hungry council boomers against each other in my favour while slowly usurping power underneath their noses. It starts in Saskatoon for now, but I'll be back soon.

Oh god I just had PTSD flashbacks from a decade+ ago. I remember that guy chewed me out to basically threadly harassment because of my stance on HRM's skyline being a "table top" which he refused to acknowledge (I think it started with the convention centre project). Even Keith was coming in from the top ropes at him until he either stopped coming or got banned. Good times.
It was a classic era... when Gladstone Ridge and Armoury Square were all we had to hold on to.

Thinking back, it is kind of crazy that the "Twisted Sisters" site will soon be U/C and a there is likely more under construction now than has ever been built!

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > Halifax > Halifax Peninsula & Downtown Dartmouth