HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Ottawa-Gatineau > Transportation

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted May 22, 2024, 8:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uhuniau View Post
I will also insist, if we do have to do another shutdown to do something like expand Civic/Carling, double-track, electrify, extend to Hull, that adding an infill station at Somerset should be part of the package.

Yes, it's close to Bayview and Corso di Gladstone. Big deal. There are full-ass metros in this world that have stations that close, we can do the same for a very light metro and add better connectivity to a major urban bus axis and the surrounding neighbourhood.

And it doesn't have to be fancy and big.
I posted about this when OCT came out with their plan for bus cuts (erm, I mean "route review"). They added that stupid jog on route 11 to serve Bayview despite that route already serving Tunney's and Parliament stations. I could see a station at Somerset being somewhat beneficial for NB riders on Line 2, but again if you really don't want to walk 5-10 min you could just get off at Bayview and take the 11.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.OT13 View Post
The big disel trains are slow to get in and out of stations, so I'm not sure I'd go as far as building a Somerset Station. If it was electric, I'd be more open to the idea.
I thought the DEMU powerpacks in the FLIRTs allowed for Line 1- style acceleration/deceleration, with diesel energy being converted into electric power?

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Ottawa-Gatineau > Transportation