PDA

View Full Version : Hartsfield Jackson Atlanta International Airport

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20

cabasse
Sep 22, 2013, 10:15 PM
wow, it's been a minute since a thrashatl post here...

atlantaguy
Sep 23, 2013, 2:22 AM
Does anyone know the Lufthansa's Atlanta to Frankfurt load factor numbers. Would A380 be feasible and profitable for Lufthansa to use.

I would love to know too atlwarrior, but these figures are proprietary and extremely hard to find and verify.

We need true insiders for these type of things, and unfortunately they could totally be jeopardizing their jobs in divulging this kind of info.

Rail Claimore
Sep 23, 2013, 2:40 AM
The US/AA merger fiasco is the tip of the iceberg in the whole industry. I see some big changes with possibly positive effects on ATL.

Another interesting development is that the Japanese Government has awarded only half the new day-time slots into Tokyo-Haneda for next year, when the expansion of the new international terminal is complete. We may very well see a daytime ATL-HND flight sooner than we think.

http://www.airliners.net/aviation-forums/general_aviation/read.main/5788372/

ThrashATL
Sep 25, 2013, 10:05 PM
The A388 is back on the schedule for Friday the 27th... I think it's what, 3x a week or 4... but now permanent on the schedule. Should be a good traffic builder for the southeast to Korea with all the Kia/Hyundai investment in Georgia.

atlwarrior
Sep 26, 2013, 12:20 AM
The US/AA merger fiasco is the tip of the iceberg in the whole industry. I see some big changes with possibly positive effects on ATL.

Another interesting development is that the Japanese Government has awarded only half the new day-time slots into Tokyo-Haneda for next year, when the expansion of the new international terminal is complete. We may very well see a daytime ATL-HND flight sooner than we think.

http://www.airliners.net/aviation-forums/general_aviation/read.main/5788372/ Can you elaborate about the possible positive Atlanta changes from US/AA hookup. How you figure ATL-HND in the attached link, I saw no awards given to United States.

atlwarrior
Sep 26, 2013, 12:21 AM
The A388 is back on the schedule for Friday the 27th... I think it's what, 3x a week or 4... but now permanent on the schedule. Should be a good traffic builder for the southeast to Korea with all the Kia/Hyundai investment in Georgia.

Boy that's good news.

N830MH
Oct 4, 2013, 5:25 AM
Hi All,

This is first-ever new IHOP Express is opening on this Tuesday. This is where IHOP Express is right outside security checkpoint in the domestic terminal.

http://www.atlanta-airport.com/Airport/Newsroom/Press_Release_Article.aspx?id=904

Welcome to Atlanta-Jackson International Airport. Hope you will like it a lots.

Enjoy the IHOP.

bryantm3
Oct 4, 2013, 7:07 AM
if we could only get a damned denny's in atlanta!! apparently they have some kind of agreement with IHOP where they don't encroach on each other's territory. that's the only explanation i can come up with for why we have IHOP out the wazoo and we've only got a single (very crappy) denny's in the metro area.

atlantaguy
Oct 4, 2013, 2:59 PM
^There used to be one at Buford Hwy & Corporate Square Blvd., just north of North Druid Hills for years. It was usually packed.

I wish we had Perkins here - I love that place.

http://www.perkinsrestaurants.com/company

Libertarian
Nov 4, 2013, 4:19 AM
Can anyone shed some light on plans for 2014 to add more European flights from Atlanta? Delta has severely cut back on flights to several second-tier cities, and once again I was told this evening by a visitor that it takes longer and longer to get to Atlanta. For my part I love NY but I refuse to connect through JFK because of the baggage re-check. It's easier and usually cheaper to use Paris or Frankfurt to get to Prague on Delta for example rather than JFK, but I really miss the summer season Atlanta-Prague nonstop they used to have. Also, they eliminated Atlanta-Hamburg and Atlanta-Milan, among others I'm sure. I really don't understand as it's more convenient for travelers from most of US to connect through Atlanta than JFK. I realize they are trying trying to build the NY market. Do any of you guys have the inside on Delta's plans to add any Europe flights from here?

ThrashATL
Nov 4, 2013, 7:03 PM
Looks like the A380 service is doing well, for the first time ever, the schedule shows it in service to ATL 7 days straight.

http://e0.photos.flightcdn.com/photos/retriever/3e28a0179be18ae6426227c0839b4247ab667b71

Libertarian
Dec 10, 2013, 7:55 AM
13. Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport (51 percent): The world’s busiest airport remains in last place for the third year. Just 53 of its 103 eateries offer travelers health-promoting options. Fresh Healthy Café may be travelers best bet with fresh kale wraps, dairy- and gluten-free salads, mega berry smoothies, and spiced apple oatmeal bowls. Atlanta travelers can sample cauliflower and parsnip soup, edamame, and garden mint sushi at One Flew South or stop by D8 Grill for a black bean burger. Checkpoint Grill offers fire-roasted tomato soup and a grilled Southern vegetable plate, overflowing with grilled asparagus, collard greens, and a side of sweet potato fries.

N830MH
Dec 14, 2013, 5:22 AM
Can anyone shed some light on plans for 2014 to add more European flights from Atlanta?

Yes, probably Delta will have more nonstop from ATL to BSL, GVA, LIS, FAO, VIE, PRG, NCE, NAP, PSA, GLA, BHX, OSL, GOT, and etc.

smArTaLlone
Jan 27, 2014, 6:31 PM
Southwest Airlines Co. will launch its first international flights in July, and Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport will be a part of the push.
Starting July 1, Southwest Airlines will operate daily, nonstop flights between Atlanta and Aruba, and Montego Bay; Baltimore/Washington D.C. and Aruba, Nassau, and (twice daily) Montego Bay; and Orlando and (Saturday only) Aruba and Montego Bay.

http://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/news/2014/01/27/southwest-adding-international-flights.html

arjay57
Jan 28, 2014, 2:24 AM
Sorry if I am reposting something that has already been noted.

This does sound like a good project.

And what's the Hyatt hotel in Brookhaven they are talking about?

A new 200-room hotel is adding fuel to Atlanta’s Aerotropolis.
Atlanta-based Grove Street Partners could break ground this summer on a full-service Marriott Renaissance at its Gateway Center mixed-use project in College Park, according to real estate sources.

More...Airport hotel set for takeoff (http://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/print-edition/2014/01/24/airport-hotel-set-for-takeoff.html)

atlantaguy
Jan 30, 2014, 6:32 AM
Sorry if I am reposting something that has already been noted.

This does sound like a good project.

And what's the Hyatt hotel in Brookhaven they are talking about?

arjay57, I couldn't check out the article (it's behind the paywall), but I'm assuming the Hyatt in Brookhaven is probably the new Hyatt House nearing completion adjacent to Villa Christina at Perimeter Summit.

It seems strange to me that Brookhaven actually takes in both sides of Ashford-Dunwoody up to the Perimeter.

arjay57
Jan 30, 2014, 4:46 PM
arjay57, I couldn't check out the article (it's behind the paywall), but I'm assuming the Hyatt in Brookhaven is probably the new Hyatt House nearing completion adjacent to Villa Christina at Perimeter Summit.

It seems strange to me that Brookhaven actually takes in both sides of Ashford-Dunwoody up to the Perimeter.
Oh, I bet that's right. Still hard to think of that as Brookhaven!

Here's a quote giving the gist of the ABC article on the new airport hotel:

A new 200-room hotel is adding fuel to Atlanta’s Aerotropolis.

Atlanta-based Grove Street Partners could break ground this summer on a full-service Marriott Renaissance at its Gateway Center mixed-use project in College Park, according to real estate sources.

The $40 million to $60 million development next to Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport would be another significant investment for Atlanta’s Southside, along with the new headquarters for Porsche Cars North America and the International Terminal at the airport.

The project’s success is largely due to its [Gateway Center] location.

Planned to be more than 1 million square feet, Gateway Center is the first stop on the ATL SkyTrain, an elevated railway that connects to the airport.

It’s also within walking distance to the state’s second-largest convention center, the Georgia International Convention Center.

smArTaLlone
Mar 5, 2014, 11:31 PM
Reopening Summer 2014
t5s56IaWbSg

Tuckerman
Mar 6, 2014, 1:59 PM
Looking forward to this. I have been to their current display and it is very interesting and this makes it even better.

thebigATL
Mar 12, 2014, 1:57 PM
I rode by the airport today, and I saw alot of construction going on new lanes and etc.
Do anyone know what's going on?

daharris80
Mar 12, 2014, 3:10 PM
I rode by the airport today, and I saw alot of construction going on new lanes and etc.
Do anyone know what's going on?

From the Airport website - http://www.atlanta-airport.com/Airport/Construction/

Inbound Roadway Improvements
In order to provide a safer, more convenient experience for motorists arriving at Hartsfield-Jackson, we have begun a project to improve our inbound roadways.

The Airport roadways were designed over 30 years ago for a passenger volume that was half the size of the current volume. The inbound roadways project will upgrade the Airport’s inbound terminal roadway network to provide safe and convenient travel for existing and future traffic capacity. It will realign and widen roadways; segregate conflicting movements; improve weaving conditions; avoid queuing, blockage and delays; enhance signage and wayfinding; and provide adequate connections, access and exits to/from various facilities.

The Project upgrades the Airport’s terminal roadway network between Interstate 85 and Camp Creek Parkway on the north and Interstate 85 and Riverdale Road on the south. The Project realigns Airport Boulevard and connecting ramps and loops to and from North and South Terminal Parkway, and relocates the Airport entrance at Riverdale Road to the existing signalized intersection with Airport Boulevard. The work includes new bridges for over- and underpasses; concrete pavement, curb and barrier walls; excavation and/or embankment; retaining walls; roadway lighting; and new wayfinding signage.

Scheduled completion January 2015

Detour effective through April 1014 - http://www.atlanta-airport.com/Airport/Newsroom/Press_Release_Article.aspx?id=915

thebigATL
Mar 13, 2014, 3:22 PM
Thanks and I saw plenty of those detour signs.

SteveD
Mar 13, 2014, 11:40 PM
I've seen those airport descriptions of the roadway improvements project previously. I've been trying to find an actual site plan showing how the new roadway configuration will look once complete and I've been drawing a blank. If anyone has such a site plan and can either point me to it or post it here I'd greatly appreciate it.

daharris80
Aug 28, 2014, 1:06 PM
The Airport Master Plan is in the news today.

http://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/blog/capitol_vision/2014/08/new-atlanta-airport-master-plan-eyes-new-gates.html

Here are the highlights:
- New (larger) North and South Parking Garages
- Better cargo facilities
- Another end around taxiway reducing some cross traffic
- 6th Runway - from this image (http://media.bizj.us/view/img/3557201/hartsfield-jackson-future-plan-2014*600xx10100-6733-1254-0.jpg) above it looks like the 6th runway will be between the old runways and the 5th runway.
- Additional Gates at Terminal F

The Airport has a website for the master plan, but it has not been updated with this information. http://www.atlanta-airport.com/Airport/MasterPlan/index.html

smArTaLlone
Oct 10, 2014, 5:01 PM
http://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/print-edition/2014/10/10/airport-city-eyed-for-hartsfield-jackson.html

Newly appointed airport chief Miguel Southwell wants to give Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport something else to brag about — a true “Airport City.”

The project would take shape on the Hartsfield-Jackson campus and feature a new hotel, up to 200,000 square feet of mid-rise office buildings, and additional shops and restaurants.

The project would be developed around the airport’s main domestic terminal and MARTA station.

trainiac
Oct 11, 2014, 4:56 AM
I've seen those airport descriptions of the roadway improvements project previously. I've been trying to find an actual site plan showing how the new roadway configuration will look once complete and I've been drawing a blank. If anyone has such a site plan and can either point me to it or post it here I'd greatly appreciate it.

Geez, I've had to go over there half a dozen times in the last few months and it changes constantly. I want to be their signage contractor! No major issues but everyone else is driving stupid.

smArTaLlone
Dec 19, 2014, 2:46 PM
http://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/print-edition/2014/12/19/airport-seeks-developers-for-airport-city.html

The world's busiest airport plans to add an upscale hotel next to its domestic terminal, a sorely needed amenity for the more than 250,000 travelers that pass through daily.
The hotel is the centerpiece of an effort to spur commercial real estate development around the more than 4,700-acre campus of Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport. It could also include office buildings and retail space.
"The Airport City concept would be a first-of-its-kind type of project in the United States and will include the four-star iconic hotel with 300 to 400 rooms attached to the domestic terminal or within walking distance,"

http://media.bizj.us/view/img/4661341/airport-city-2.jpg

cabasse
Dec 19, 2014, 4:33 PM
how very le corbusien. #retrofuturism

smArTaLlone
Jan 31, 2015, 2:50 PM
http://www.ajc.com/news/business/hartsfield-jackson-to-upgrade-plane-train/njybf/

Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport hopes to reduce downtime from outages by spending $25 million to upgrade its 34-year-old people-mover known as the Plane Train. The Atlanta City Council this month approved a resolution for the airport contract with Bombardier Transportation Holdings for the work.

smArTaLlone
Mar 31, 2015, 5:00 PM
http://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/news/2015/03/30/hartsfield-jackson-opens-new-entrance-off-i-75.html

Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport opened a new north-bound entrance that will be will be marked by a 35-foot-tall monument March 28.

The opening of the intersection of Riverdale Road and Airport Boulevard is the final phase of a major roadway improvement project. As a result of the overall roadway construction project, there are now enhancements to safety on Airport roadways by eliminating short weaves and merges by adding lanes; improving sight lines and wayfinding signage; and increasing the distances between decision points along the roadways. The improved roadways will also reduce congestion caused by traffic leaving the Airport from the Rental Car Center and simplify Airport access from Riverdale Road, the airport reported.

Atlanta3000
Apr 15, 2015, 5:03 PM
Looks Like I Will Be Driving From Now On!

http://www.inquisitr.com/2008340/ufo-orbs-filmed-over-atlanta-by-airline-passenger-real-or-hoax-video/

Pink Jazz
May 2, 2015, 6:30 AM
The master plan introduced last year looks interesting. I like the idea of the additional international concourses (G, H, and I). Based on images I have seen, it looks like Concourse G will be attached to Concourse F and the International Terminal, while Concourses H and I will be further east.

One thing that the master plan doesn't seem to address though is public transportation to the International Terminal. I personally think the airport should extend the ATL SkyTrain around the south side of the airport to the International Terminal; this would make it easier to connect to MARTA and the Rental Car Center.

PremierAtlanta
May 4, 2015, 4:01 PM
QATAR Airlines set to expand to Atlanta's Hartsfield Jackson International Airport.

From the press release:

Qatar Airways announces the next phase of its USA route development with the introduction of three new passenger routes to Los Angeles, Boston and Atlanta. With these new destinations, Qatar Airways will offer daily nonstop services to all 10 of the largest metropolitan areas of the United States.

Atlanta, Georgia, the business centre of the southeast region of the United States, will be Qatar Airways’ third new route to the US and will commence with daily flights starting on 1st July 2016. The route will be operated with the airline’s flagship Boeing 777 aircraft.

Read more here: http://www.qatarairways.com/us/en/press-release.page?pr_id=pressrelease_usa

Harry Cane
May 6, 2015, 5:05 PM
The master plan introduced last year looks interesting. I like the idea of the additional international concourses (G, H, and I). Based on images I have seen, it looks like Concourse G will be attached to Concourse F and the International Terminal, while Concourses H and I will be further east.

One thing that the master plan doesn't seem to address though is public transportation to the International Terminal. I personally think the airport should extend the ATL SkyTrain around the south side of the airport to the International Terminal; this would make it easier to connect to MARTA and the Rental Car Center.

I also wish they'd do something about the schlep from E to passport control. Yesterday I had the double misfortune of both landing on the new farthest runway and then disembarking at the furthest E gate. It was about a 25 minute walk. I was traveling with some elderly people and it was a bit too much.

N830MH
May 12, 2015, 7:23 AM

I'd agree with that. I think it's right choice. From now on, they can go to ATL SkyTrain and you will take on SkyTrain to Rent Car Center. You don't have get off the trains at ground transportation & baggage claim anymore. You can stay on the tram to the final stop.

As for concourses, I think they will build new concourse G at the same terminal. Do they think Plane Train will extended to the new concourses G, H & I? I think it's best way to do it. They can build a new entire concourse for both domestic & international gates capable. The entire concourse E will be converted into domestic gates. No longer international concourse. You will no longer go through concourse E customs & passport control.

Pink Jazz
May 12, 2015, 5:28 PM
I'd agree with that. I think it's right choice. From now on, they can go to ATL SkyTrain and you will take on SkyTrain to Rent Car Center. You don't have get off the trains at ground transportation & baggage claim anymore. You can stay on the tram to the final stop.

As for concourses, I think they will build new concourse G at the same terminal. Do they think Plane Train will extended to the new concourses G, H & I? I think it's best way to do it. They can build a new entire concourse for both domestic & international gates capable. The entire concourse E will be converted into domestic gates. No longer international concourse. You will no longer go through concourse E customs & passport control.

I am totally sure The Plane Train will be extended to concourses G, H, and I.

Looking at the diagrams in the master plan, it appears that Concourse G will be directly connected to the International Terminal as another wing on the southeastern part of the building, so I think O&D passengers in the International Terminal will not have to ride the train to/from Concourse G. However, Concourses H and I appear to be separate structures from the International Terminal, and will probably be connected underground by both the train and moving walkways.

atlwarrior
Jun 15, 2015, 3:40 PM
Turkish Airlines starting 16MAY16 is adding another new US destination, with the launch of Istanbul Ataturk – Atlanta route. This will be served by 2-class Boeing 777-300ER aircraft on daily basis.

TK031 IST1330 – 1910ATL 77W D
TK032 ATL2200 – 1655+1IST 77W D

atlwarrior
Jun 23, 2015, 3:50 AM
http://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/news/2015/06/22/atlanta-airports-domestic-terminal-to-get-new.html

smArTaLlone
Jun 23, 2015, 10:58 AM
http://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/news/2015/06/22/atlanta-airports-domestic-terminal-to-get-new.html

Yay for external renovations especiall! Here are some of the renderings

http://media.bizj.us/view/img/6252961/hjia-1.png

http://media.bizj.us/view/img/6252951/hjia-3.png

http://media.bizj.us/view/img/6252981/hjia-6.png

http://media.bizj.us/view/img/6252991/hjia-7.png

Stratosphere 2020
Jun 25, 2015, 9:11 PM
ATL planespotting 2015

z6HgatZMgjw

smArTaLlone
Jul 28, 2015, 5:32 PM
http://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/real_talk/2015/07/airport-hotel-could-break-ground-in-early-2016.html

City officials want to break ground early next year on a new mixed-use project that would include a four-star hotel at Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport.
Three development teams are vying for the project: Atlanta-based Regent Partners; a second team including Atlanta-based Carter, Majestic Realty Co. and GPM Investments LLC; and a third firm, Airmall USA Inc.

The development — that would include an up to 300-room hotel, travel plaza and 30,000 square feet of class-A office space — would boost an effort to spur more commercial real estate development around the more than 4,700-acre Hartsfield-Jackson campus.

http://media.bizj.us/view/img/6556912/screen-shot-2015-07-28-at-11527-pm-copy.jpg

http://media.bizj.us/view/img/4661341/airport-city-2.jpg

GeorgiaPeanuts
Jul 28, 2015, 11:07 PM
Is that the final design? I thought they hadn't even picked a developer yet. :yuck:

I hope they do something a little more inventive than all glass tower.

smArTaLlone
Jul 29, 2015, 1:04 AM
Is that the final design? I thought they hadn't even picked a developer yet. :yuck:

I hope they do something a little more inventive than all glass tower.

No that rendering is purely conceptual. After the RFP process, the chosen developer will design and develop the project. The article states that airport officials are hoping to be wowed by the proposals.

smArTaLlone
Nov 3, 2015, 2:52 AM
http://airport.blog.ajc.com/2015/10/27/atlanta-airport-prepares-for-massive-parking-deck-project/

Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport is starting a massive project to double the size of its parking decks, an effort expected to take at least eight years and hundreds of millions of dollars.

To provide parking during the work, the airport plans to build a third parking deck next to the Georgia International Convention Center to accommodate about 6,000 cars. People using that deck will have to take the existing SkyTrain people-mover to get from that parking structure to the terminal.

“People won’t be impacted until the fall of 2017, ” McCranie said. “We will have a replacement deck in place once we start construction and replacement of the parking structures.”

The new parking decks will double in size to eight levels, with a planned 15,000 parking spaces on the Terminal North side and 17,000 parking spaces on the Terminal South side.

N830MH
Nov 5, 2015, 3:19 AM
http://airport.blog.ajc.com/2015/10/27/atlanta-airport-prepares-for-massive-parking-deck-project/

Very good news. Hoped they will start construction a few more levels at the parking garage in north & south. Is the parking garage full? Because of this, those people who complaining about parks a car, but they couldn't find a space.

smArTaLlone
Nov 14, 2015, 5:36 PM
http://airport.blog.ajc.com/2015/11/10/hartsfield-jackson-passenger-count-expected-to-hit-100-million-mark/

Hartsfield-Jackson International, the world’s busiest airport in passenger traffic, is on track to hit a record 100 million passengers for the full year of 2015.

Last year, the Atlanta airport handled a record 96.1 million passengers. This year so far, passenger traffic has been up more than 4 percent. The increase comes as low-cost carriers Frontier Airlines and Spirit Airlines grow in Atlanta. Meanwhile, heavyweight Delta Air Lines maintains the world’s largest single airline hub in Atlanta, and Southwest Airlines operates its own large operation here.

N830MH
Dec 23, 2015, 5:21 AM
Today is a big day. Atlanta-Jackson International Airport is now 100th million passenger mark.

http://www.atlanta-airport.com/Airport/Newsroom/Press_Release_Article.aspx?id=1046

Big congratulations to Atlanta International Airport. Go for 200 million mark. Go for it!!

smArTaLlone
Jan 13, 2016, 11:57 AM
Construction is expected to start in June and be completed within three years.

http://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/news/2016/01/12/delta-to-modernize-85-gate-areas-at-hartsfield.html

http://media.bizj.us/view/img/8196552/delta-project-2.png

http://media.bizj.us/view/img/8198822/delta-project-4.png

micropundit
Mar 9, 2016, 8:45 PM
http://media.cmgdigital.com/shared/lt/lt_cache/thumbnail/728/img/photos/2016/03/09/9d/8d/curbside-cover-photo.JPG.jpg

Arched coverings over the curbside areas of the domestic terminal are part of Hartsfield-Jackson’s massive update plan.

Hartsfield-Jackson International will soon start work on a $6 billion expansion and makeover that will update the domestic terminal and concourses, introduce new features like a hotel and eventually add another concourse and runway to the world’s busiest airport.It’s part of a 20-year plan aimed at maintaining Hartsfield-Jackson’s status as a leading airport, replacing aging facilities and enabling growth.
http://www.myajc.com/news/business/hartsfield-jackson-to-begin-6-billion-expansion-pl/nqgxq/

smArTaLlone
Mar 11, 2016, 12:58 AM
Here's a video of the canopy and domestic terminal renovations.

N830MH
Mar 14, 2016, 5:43 AM
Here's a video of the canopy and domestic terminal renovations.

Sorry. I can't see a video. Can you fixed it? Can you make a copy from YouTube?

smArTaLlone
Mar 14, 2016, 2:22 PM
Sorry. I can't see a video. Can you fixed it? Can you make a copy from YouTube?

Here's a couple of links to the video

https://www.facebook.com/ATLairport/videos/549870545177239/

http://www.wsbtv.com/video/local-video/raw-video-atlanta-airport-rendering-video_20160310194651/155089342

smArTaLlone
Apr 5, 2016, 3:58 PM
http://airport.blog.ajc.com/2016/04/04/hartsfield-jackson-maintains-worlds-busiest-status/

https://cmgajcairport.files.wordpress.com/2016/04/airports-council-international-prelim-ranking-image.jpg?w=510&h=481

forj
Apr 5, 2016, 10:38 PM
http://airport.blog.ajc.com/2016/04/04/hartsfield-jackson-maintains-worlds-busiest-status/

https://cmgajcairport.files.wordpress.com/2016/04/airports-council-international-prelim-ranking-image.jpg?w=510&h=481

wow.. crazy that Dubai is that busy.. i guess it is used as a layover for travel between Europe and Asia pretty frequently

N830MH
Apr 22, 2016, 6:53 AM

Wow! 101 millions passengers? Unreal! ATL is a busiest hub.

Congratulations to Atlanta Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport. Go for 200 millions mark. Go for it!

smArTaLlone
Jun 17, 2016, 11:11 AM
http://airport.blog.ajc.com/2016/06/16/hartsfield-jackson-launches-construction-for-6-billion-renovation-expansion/

Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport says it is kicking off construction work this week for $6 billion of renovation and expansion in its 20-year master plan.

The airport says Wednesday night’s removal of the well-known Olympic mural at the top of the escalators for arriving passengers headed to the domestic terminal is one of the first projects of the renovation. Going up for the next six weeks will be scaffolding to replace the mural with a giant video screen. Plans are to memorialize the mural with digital images of it in the rotating display on the video screen.

smArTaLlone
Jul 19, 2016, 10:00 PM
http://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/news/2016/07/19/portman-reveals-hartsfield-jackson-welcome-plaza.html?ana=twt
“As an appropriate welcoming space for the world’s busiest airport, a connection to the west side of the terminal is created via a pedestrian plaza beneath a canopy. This pleasant covered arcade features landscaping, hardscape and water features. A cozy café offers indoor and outdoor seating. The plaza, which provides access to the plane train, the sky train, ground transportation and the new airport hotel, will be managed by the airport and offers the opportunity for kiosks, displays, and informative exhibits to help welcome and orient city visitors.

http://media.bizj.us/view/img/10089475/hartsfield-jackson-welcome-plaza.png

http://media.bizj.us/view/img/10089476/hartsfield-jackson-welcome-plaza-3.png

smArTaLlone
Oct 4, 2016, 1:57 PM

N830MH
Nov 10, 2016, 11:49 PM
Any construction going on lately? Any new pictures? What about the entire concourse?

N830MH
Nov 22, 2016, 12:35 AM
Hi All,

They will upgrades a special facilities for an A380 gates. This going to be at new concourse F gate.

http://next.atl.com/international-upgrades-at-atl/

They will have double dual jetbridge. They will be at F3 gate. This is for Korean Air.

smArTaLlone
Dec 1, 2016, 12:28 PM
Aerial view of the airport hotel project

http://www.ajc.com/rf/image_lowres/Pub/p7/AJC/2016/11/15/Images/Aerial.jpg

smArTaLlone
May 16, 2017, 3:41 PM
https://cdn0.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/0S_FkTBmlvcCip6CzQAxTnwFNLs=/0x0:1733x795/920x613/filters:focal(291x217:567x493):format(webp)/cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_image/image/54785455/Sheraton_Atlanta_Airport.0.jpeg
https://atlanta.curbed.com/2017/5/15/15638542/atlanta-airport-expansion-sixth-runway-sheraton-hotel

The runway addition is part of a larger plan to make more than $6 billion of upgrades and expansions to Hartsfield-Jackson over the course of the next few decades.
https://media.bizj.us/view/img/6472792/airport-master-plan.jpg
http://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/news/2017/05/12/city-buys-sheraton-airport-hotel-for-almost-17.html

N830MH
Jul 4, 2017, 4:46 AM
Nice! When they will start terminal modernization or any new construction going on lately? Can we see a construction photos?

Don't you have any news about South Gate Complex? What about UA, AA, WN, NK, F9 will ever relocate out of main terminal? Because it getting more overcrowded at the main terminal.

smArTaLlone
Jul 4, 2017, 1:53 PM
Nice! When they will start terminal modernization or any new construction going on lately? Can we see a construction photos?

Don't you have any news about South Gate Complex? What about UA, AA, WN, NK, F9 will ever relocate out of main terminal? Because it getting more overcrowded at the main terminal.

Work on the first phase has just begun. There really isn't much to see yet except some demo of sections of the parking deck.

smArTaLlone
Jul 4, 2017, 11:15 PM
More on the modernization.

While their appearance will be grand, the canopies also will improve the guest experience. They will protect passengers from weather conditions, and they will improve traffic flow by housing elevated walkways between the parking decks and terminal.

Work to prepare the foundation for the canopies’ steel trusses began in March 2017. There are 19 supertrusses per canopy, one for each side (North and South). The 38 total supertrusses are each connected to a pier column. Each pier is 21 feet high. Canopies require 3,500 tons of steel, equaling the weight of nine Boeing 777 jets.

The ETFE membrane coverage is almost 10,000 square yards per canopy, and as a bonus, it will illuminate ATL’s facade with more than 3,500 customizable LED strip fixtures with color themes to commemorate holidays and special events.

The projected date of completion is late 2018

Allianz Arena in Munich (example of LED illuminated ETFE)
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/c0/e6/34/c0e634bb726abc39b28650d85622e3c4.jpg

More renderings
http://next.atl.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/ExtL2.3-LR.jpg

http://next.atl.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/06-Under-Canopy-White-1024x585.jpg

Atlriser
Jul 5, 2017, 2:06 PM
They need to work on the traffic plan during construction of these trusses. Landed at 12:15 Friday night and it took 1.5 hours to get through the grid lock after collecting bags. The police had the 2 (of 4 interior) external departue lanes open the entire length of the north terminal for no apparent reason at all as the construction was occuring. Lower level, all exterior departue lanes and the 2 most interior departure lanes were all blocked and no observal reasons why so many lanes were closed especially the interior closest to the doors. Traffic was backed up almost to the Camp Creek exit on 85 South. We Marta or Uber to airport always but because of late flight Marta wasnt an option this time. It was a nightmare so be aware!

smArTaLlone
Jul 17, 2017, 4:59 PM
Lawsuit alleges broken promise to not compete with Hartsfield-Jackson

https://atlanta.curbed.com/2017/7/17/15979648/atlanta-pauling-airport-silver-comet-commercial-service
Paulding County and the Paulding County Airport Authority are making moves to open up commercial service to Silver Comet Field at Paulding Airport—located nearly an hour northwest of downtown Atlanta.

But, according to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, the City of Atlanta has sued Paulding County in order to block the effort to commercialize the airport.

Rail Claimore
Jul 17, 2017, 9:13 PM
https://cdn0.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/0S_FkTBmlvcCip6CzQAxTnwFNLs=/0x0:1733x795/920x613/filters:focal(291x217:567x493):format(webp)/cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_image/image/54785455/Sheraton_Atlanta_Airport.0.jpeg
https://atlanta.curbed.com/2017/5/15/15638542/atlanta-airport-expansion-sixth-runway-sheraton-hotel

The runway addition is part of a larger plan to make more than $6 billion of upgrades and expansions to Hartsfield-Jackson over the course of the next few decades.
https://media.bizj.us/view/img/6472792/airport-master-plan.jpg
http://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/news/2017/05/12/city-buys-sheraton-airport-hotel-for-almost-17.html

I thought the Sixth Runway was still in the alternatives selection phase? This seems to make the most sense from a cost standpoint, but I question just how many more movements they will get per dollar of earth moved and concrete poured compared to the other two alternatives.

smArTaLlone
Aug 1, 2017, 10:22 PM
http://airport.blog.ajc.com/2017/08/01/atlanta-airports-plane-train-tunnel-to-be-extended/

A project to enable the people-mover train at Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport’s to handle more passengers is about to get underway.

The tunnel will be extended about 600 feet underneath the airport MARTA station and SkyTrain airport station, allowing more room for trains to turn back to go in the other direction while another train arrives. That is expected to reduce wait times for the train and increase capacity.

The airport is seeking Atlanta City Council approval for a $10 million contract for design and pre-construction work for the Plane Train tunnel extension.

smArTaLlone
Sep 28, 2017, 5:37 PM
Construction of the canopies at Hartsfield has begun today.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DK0EkExXkAEceqm.jpg
https://twitter.com/ATLairport/status/913391319032254465

skyscraperpage17
Sep 28, 2017, 6:01 PM
ABM is laying off over 1,100 employees, effective November 15th.

That said, it's because Delta's bringing their passenger services in-house. All affected ABM employees will be able to apply for these positions working directly for Delta.

Delta moving in-house again as part of 1,100 worker layoff at Atlanta airport

https://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/news/2017/09/27/abm-laying-off-1-179-at-atlanta-airport.html

Atlanta3000
Oct 3, 2017, 8:26 PM
https://twitter.com/ATLairport/status/915301872197652480

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DLPOMnpVoAAndvM.jpg:large

bigstick
Oct 3, 2017, 8:32 PM
https://twitter.com/ATLairport/status/915301872197652480

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DLPOMnpVoAAndvM.jpg:large

That is going to look amazing...

Atlanta3000
Oct 10, 2017, 11:00 AM
https://i.imgur.com/zWuqE3R.png

jayden
Oct 10, 2017, 4:52 PM
The new canopy is a fantastic edition.

Street Advocate
Oct 10, 2017, 5:14 PM
I find the pedestrian bridge to be the best part. The canopy seems like a waste of $$$.

smArTaLlone
Oct 11, 2017, 9:20 AM
The first span of the canopy is secured.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DL15FKmX0AADiEb.jpg
https://twitter.com/ATLairport/status/918023031188082688

N830MH
Oct 17, 2017, 3:49 AM
The first span of the canopy is secured.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DL15FKmX0AADiEb.jpg
https://twitter.com/ATLairport/status/918023031188082688

Very nice work. Thanks for sharing this! :)

Any new construction in the entire concourse yet? Can we see it?

montydawg
Oct 17, 2017, 3:59 AM
Very nice work. Thanks for sharing this! :)

Any new construction in the entire concourse yet? Can we see it?

I didn't take pictures, but I flew out of Atlanta last week. If I recall the T, A, B, and C gates are in various stages of renovation. There is a completed section I believe in the C gates at the very end- and the renovated area looks amazing. Much more light and open feeling. The airport will look great when complete. I don't know whether the E gates will get renovated or now since they were built in the 90's and still look relatively fresh. I didn't see any renovation work there or the D gates

skyscraperpage17
Oct 23, 2017, 6:31 PM
Delta now hiring more than 1,000 flight attendants

http://news.delta.com/delta-now-hiring-more-1000-flight-attendants

N830MH
Oct 25, 2017, 12:19 AM
Delta now hiring more than 1,000 flight attendants

http://news.delta.com/delta-now-hiring-more-1000-flight-attendants

Nice! Let make it happen. I'm sure they will do great.

Libertarian
Oct 25, 2017, 12:39 AM
I saw they have like 250,000 applicants?

N830MH
Oct 26, 2017, 12:39 AM
I saw they have like 250,000 applicants?

Yes, could be. They are trying to get a job as a flight attendants. It will take a time. They will decide to hire someone who work for Delta.

smArTaLlone
Oct 27, 2017, 2:21 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DNFkqLaVwAEA6yT.jpg
https://twitter.com/ATLairport/status/923630083323113473

N830MH
Nov 1, 2017, 11:13 PM
Nice! Thanks for sharing this. Keep doing it!

nmadsen
Nov 2, 2017, 2:14 AM
Nice! Thanks for sharing this. Keep doing it!

Indeed. Thanks for the great photos. lookin good! :notacrook:

N830MH
Nov 11, 2017, 11:29 PM
Indeed. Thanks for the great photos. lookin good! :notacrook:

haha. :D

Martinman
Nov 17, 2017, 7:25 PM
https://i.imgur.com/JnK2u7j.jpg?1
https://www.reddit.com/r/Atlanta/comments/7dc3jg/progress_on_the_overhead_canopies_at_hartsfield/

dirtybird
Nov 17, 2017, 9:54 PM
The canopy looks great! Does anyone know if there will some form of LED in the canopy?

alco89
Nov 17, 2017, 11:45 PM
The canopy looks great! Does anyone know if there will some form of LED in the canopy?

The ETFE membrane will illuminate with more than 3,500 customizable LED strip fixtures with color themes to commemorate holidays and special events.

N830MH
Nov 27, 2017, 11:02 PM
Any new construction photos? Any concourse photos? Can we see it?

smArTaLlone
Nov 28, 2017, 12:47 AM
Any new construction photos? Any concourse photos? Can we see it?

Here are a couple of the gate areas that are being modernized with larger windows, higher ceilings and new seating.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DODzVBjVQAAz-jW.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DODzVFeUEAAqWOR.jpg
https://twitter.com/ATLairport/status/928009069830516736

N830MH
Nov 29, 2017, 2:49 AM
Wow! The concourse are looks great! Thank you so much for sharing this. Keep it up!

daharris80
Nov 29, 2017, 2:57 PM
Wow! The concourse are looks great! Thank you so much for sharing this. Keep it up!

It actually looks much better in person. The finishes are very well done. The ceiling tile/light system adds a texture to the space that look more sophisticated than the normal square tile/light look. I hope they do something with the floor tiles. I'm guessing they must have that planned because currently there is a large style gap between the new wall/ceiling spaces and the walkway tile. Also, not reflected in these photos is the new finish to the exterior wall. They're removing all of the orange aluminum that gave the concourses a storage facility look and replacing it with a silver look that matches the interior finishes and clearly matches the style of other international transportation facilities.

pica
Dec 1, 2017, 7:16 AM
The concourse renovations look great but those seats in the Delta waiting areas are awful, narrow hard plastic seats. The waiting area used to be more comfortable than the plane, now it's less. I guess it's a tactic to make coach seem luxurious by comparison.

Libertarian
Dec 1, 2017, 11:59 AM
Wow Pica, you hit it. But at least unlike in coach, these plastic waiting seats allow a couple of extra inches for separate arm rests.

daharris80
Dec 1, 2017, 12:59 PM
I may be wrong but I think they’re temporary for construction. They’re so bad that’s what I assumed. If they did all this work and those are permanent, its a big failure.

jpk1292000
Dec 1, 2017, 1:38 PM
I may be wrong but I think they’re temporary for construction. They’re so bad that’s what I assumed. If they did all this work and those are permanent, its a big failure.

I think they're permanent. There was an article in the AJC about them a few months ago about them...

AtlantaMustang
Dec 1, 2017, 3:30 PM
Uhh, unless these are wrong, they're temporary.

https://www.google.com/search?q=atlanta+airport+canopy+construction&rlz=1C1GGRV_enUS751US751&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjq3J-akOnXAhUDw4MKHcxUDfwQ_AUICigB&biw=916&bih=810#imgrc=1nbs-17SHyB6fM:

http://www.myajc.com/rf/image_large/Pub/p8/MyAJC/2017/08/30/Images/newsEngin.19722477_pedestrian-bridges.jpg
http://www.myajc.com/business/more-congestion-coming-hartsfield-jackson-curbside-amid-construction/ukn7uyojVp1ij1Cm3BwnUI/

Atlanta3000
Dec 1, 2017, 3:38 PM
Uhh, unless these are wrong, they're temporary.

https://www.google.com/search?q=atlanta+airport+canopy+construction&rlz=1C1GGRV_enUS751US751&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjq3J-akOnXAhUDw4MKHcxUDfwQ_AUICigB&biw=916&bih=810#imgrc=1nbs-17SHyB6fM:

http://www.myajc.com/rf/image_large/Pub/p8/MyAJC/2017/08/30/Images/newsEngin.19722477_pedestrian-bridges.jpg
http://www.myajc.com/business/more-congestion-coming-hartsfield-jackson-curbside-amid-construction/ukn7uyojVp1ij1Cm3BwnUI/

Not to be a smart@$$, but maybe you should Google in the future as well because the seats are permanent.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:f_ZF3AMixBsJ:www.myajc.com/business/new-delta-seats-hartsfield-jackson-raise-hard-questions/KoU5ljCXDJuMyq0bSCd2zL/+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&client=firefox-b-1

It appears AtlantaMustang changed his original post stating "doesn't anyone Google anymore?". Hence the reason for my reply - irony.