I don't know who Jeffrey Morris is, but I know the Durst Organization owns (or owned, if recently sold) that assemblage.
They had a released design for a residential tower maybe 15 years ago, but I haven't heard anything recently. I do know the building facing 6th Ave. is being vacated.
I don't know who Jeffrey Morris is, but I know the Durst Organization owns (or owned, if recently sold) that assemblage.
They had a released design for a residential tower maybe 15 years ago, but I haven't heard anything recently. I do know the building facing 6th Ave. is being vacated.
This Jeffrey Morris might be a corporation controlled by Durst.
Which building is being vacated? I know that the ground lease on the crappy white building on the SW side of 57th and 6th will be expiring in a few years.
This Jeffrey Morris might be a corporation controlled by Durst.
Which building is being vacated? I know that the ground lease on the crappy white building on the SW side of 57th and 6th will be expiring in a few years.
LTHE REAL ESTATE
NOV. 16, 2020
The $99,900 Studios on Billionaires’ Row Carnegie House residents are racing to offload their apartments. Why?
By Hilary Reid
Every time I walk by that lot, I wonder what will go up there. Would be a good location for another 57th Street special, though the view corridor is getting tight.
JPMorgan’s new tower spells trouble for Park Avenue neighbor
Aaron Elstein
October 7, 2024
Quote:
....Werner is a majority owner of 5 Times Square, a building that formerly housed Ernst & Young and may be converted to apartments. He also owns the dirt underneath Carnegie House, a 324 unit co-op at 100 W. 57th Street.
He and a partner bought the building's ground lease in 2014 for $315 million. They're seeking to raise the rent to $25 million a year, from $4 million, according to a lawsuit filed by the co-op. Werner's partner, Rubin Schron, told Crain's residents are living practically "rent free on Billionaire's Row".
A hearing over Carnegie House's ground rent is scheduled in Judge Arthur Engoron's courtroom on November 13.
Yeah, I remember that assemblage. Something very tall is eventually going to be built there.
But that site has sat there for well over 20 years. I can't imagine the carrying costs. Time to get moving forward. Build or sell to someone who will build.
Yeah, I remember that assemblage. Something very tall is eventually going to be built there.
But that site has sat there for well over 20 years. I can't imagine the carrying costs. Time to get moving forward. Build or sell to someone who will build.
I think that the owners of this site also owned the old Mayflower Hotel that was redeveloped into 15 CPW.