HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta

Old Posted Apr 11, 2012, 7:57 PM

I-85/ GA 400 Interchange-FINALLY

Old Posted Apr 17, 2012, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruffles794 View Post
I actually saw the work they have started doing on it, it's about time!! What money are they using to get this done? Is any of it coming from the tolls?

Old Posted Apr 18, 2012, 8:51 PM

Here is a rendering of what the new interchange will look like. The GA 400 Southbound to I-85 Northbound is a huge flyover!

Credit: New Urban Roswell Blog (http://www.newurbanroswell.com/blog/tag/buckhead)

Old Posted Apr 19, 2012, 2:49 AM

I always wondered why they didn't do it right to begin with...

Old Posted Apr 20, 2012, 6:03 PM

This project was part of the reason that the tolls were extended by the tollway authority and all tolls from that point will be used only for improvements along the GA 400 corridor.

Old Posted Apr 20, 2012, 6:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruffles794 View Post
This project was part of the reason that the tolls were extended by the tollway authority and all tolls from that point will be used only for improvements along the GA 400 corridor.
Right. I know people are all up in arms about the toll being extended, but my understanding is this project was contingent upon that.

People were apparently mad that the bid came in low for the overpass, meaning it could have been funded by non-toll avenues potentially. But to me that just means one of the other many necessary projects on 400 can be started/completed.

This project seems like the epitome of something everybody should be in favor of: it unclogs urban arteries and frees up the interstates.

Old Posted May 18, 2012, 9:27 PM

construction on this thing is really kicking in.. i took the sidney marcus exit off 400 on the way home yesterday and you can see where they have metal beams in the ground in several locations where the columns for the exits will be.. looks like grading for the 85 south to 400 north ramp is fairly far along near where it will start at 85. this is going to be a huge traffic relief when its done and i cant believe they didnt implement this when they initially build 400.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta