HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted May 6, 2009, 8:30 PM

Downtown living tours this weekend

Old Posted May 7, 2009, 7:50 PM
Armchair urbanist

Weather permitting, I'll be checking this out on Sat.

Old Posted May 10, 2009, 1:28 AM
Armchair urbanist

Anyone go? I was between 2:30-3:00. I wanted to do the shuttle, but didn't have time.

As I live near the area, I was particularly interested to hear about those BGBX condos. The architect (didn't catch her name, but she's with 5468796) said the developer expects to be building within a month or two.

Old Posted May 10, 2009, 2:13 AM

i only went to the residences on york, and wow truly a beautiful building for it being an apartment building, i accidentally walked in the restaurant side and it looks amazing very highend feeling to it also word is the sushi bar there is amazing. some notes from going, theyre going to be opening a 9000sqft gym/spa in the building asweel as another restaurant, and people will start moving in this week or next and they plan on having the phase 1 complete by sept 1, phase 2 being the parkade and conference center is still undecided i believe. also the apartments have very highend finish to them, granite in the bathrooms and kitchen, a breakfast bar/island in the kitchens hardwood in living room and tile in the kitchen/bathroom/entrance, i think ill be moving there when my lease at 33 hargrave is up cant wait!

Old Posted May 10, 2009, 4:23 AM
Capitalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffler View Post
i only went to the residences on york, and wow truly a beautiful building for it being an apartment building, i accidentally walked in the restaurant side and it looks amazing very highend feeling to it also word is the sushi bar there is amazing. some notes from going, theyre going to be opening a 9000sqft gym/spa in the building asweel as another restaurant, and people will start moving in this week or next and they plan on having the phase 1 complete by sept 1, phase 2 being the parkade and conference center is still undecided i believe. also the apartments have very highend finish to them, granite in the bathrooms and kitchen, a breakfast bar/island in the kitchens hardwood in living room and tile in the kitchen/bathroom/entrance, i think ill be moving there when my lease at 33 hargrave is up cant wait!
That sounds great ... I am looking forward to its opening. I remember the developer said he wanted to bring a piece of New York City to Winnipeg, so I would expect he's go a long way to bring a luxurious feel to the building.

I hope this will spur other highend development to the area, as this could work towards turning the image of downtown.

Old Posted May 10, 2009, 6:49 PM
ʇɥƃıuʞ -*ʞpʇ*-

Quote:
Originally Posted by hexrae View Post
Anyone go? I was between 2:30-3:00. I wanted to do the shuttle, but didn't have time.

As I live near the area, I was particularly interested to hear about those BGBX condos. The architect (didn't catch her name, but she's with 5468796) said the developer expects to be building within a month or two.
yea i spoke with her for few minuts wound up getting invited to come check out their firms offices kinda cool i also discoved i need to start making buissnes cards...

and the design for the lybrary plazza witch has half the funding it needs so far and has another 4.5 million to go, is suppost to start work this year on redoing the roof membrain

Old Posted May 10, 2009, 8:02 PM

ajs i saw you but you didn't come over to say hi!

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan