HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Sep 15, 2021, 12:31 AM

Stockyard Inn site on Lititz Pike eyed for $48M apartment development

https://lancasteronline.com/business...2cfcc57fa.html

Big proposal for Lancaster! 216 apartments proposed with a $48 million price tag. Would be located at the corner of Lititz Pike and Marshall Avenue. I don't love the cladding but would love to see this move forward!

Old Posted Sep 29, 2021, 12:59 AM

Harrisburg City Council approves affordable housing for seniors planned for Midtown

https://theburgnews.com/news/harrisb...ed-for-midtown

Quote:
At a legislative session on Tuesday, City Council unanimously approved the land development plan for Bethel Village, a 49-unit apartment building for low-income seniors at N. 6th and Herr streets.
Not sure if this is the final approval or not but it is good news nonetheless!

Old Posted Sep 29, 2021, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthCentralPA View Post
https://lancasteronline.com/business...2cfcc57fa.html

Big proposal for Lancaster! 216 apartments proposed with a $48 million price tag. Would be located at the corner of Lititz Pike and Marshall Avenue. I don't love the cladding but would love to see this move forward!

Awesome! Huge project for Lancaster.

Old Posted Oct 6, 2021, 12:29 AM

Contemporary design for downtown building gets nod from Harrisburg review board

https://theburgnews.com/news/contemp...g-review-board

Looks like proposal already passed through the HARB. I'm kind of surprised it passed through so easily but I'm happy. I think Harrisburg needs some new, modern buildings to balance all of the great historic buildings we have.

Also, the article mentioned a project I don't remember hearing about. Looks like it's a proposal for a 3-story 10,000 sq ft building at the corner of N. 3rd and Basin streets. Don't love the design but I think it's a net positive since it's replacing dilapidated buildings!

Old Posted Oct 6, 2021, 11:55 PM

I got really behind on posting photo updates... but anyway, I visited Lancaster back on September 18th, 2021 and took some photos of different projects.

The Fulton Theater addition looks completely done now. The new part on Prince St looks nice.

Christian St parking garage and new library space. Honestly a lot more concrete than I was expecting but hopefully it'll look nicer once completed. But my thought was, does Lancaster really need another parking garage downtown??

Fire Station #1 (?) looks to be completed too. Looks nice, love the brick.

The old Rendezvous building is gone and there is some equipment on site. I don't remember all the details for this one, but I think it's going to be an apartment building. Don't know how many floors though.

Old Posted Oct 6, 2021, 11:58 PM

Harrisburg University Tower update from 09/25/2021.

State Archives Building update from 09/25/2021 too. Not much visible change from last time I was here.

Here is a view from above taken on 09/29/2021. Not the biggest or best looking building but better than the empty lot that was here before.

Old Posted Oct 7, 2021, 11:37 PM

A few more photos of the Harrisburg University Tower taken by me on 09/30/2021. The SOMA event happens right near it, so it was cool to see in person how it will change the streetscape!

And one more photo of the crazy formwork from the State Archives project. From 10/01/2021.

Old Posted Oct 9, 2021, 2:35 PM
Me?!?

Affordable senior housing development planned for Harrisburg

Harrisburg City Council approved the preliminary and final land development plan for Bethel Village on Sixth and Herr Streets last week. Plans call a one four-story building to be built on five existing parcels at 1008-1012 N. Sixth St. and 429-441 Herr St. and include 49 low income/affordable housing units for people 62 and older.

https://www.pennlive.com/news/2021/1...outputType=amp

Old Posted Oct 9, 2021, 2:39 PM
somewhere in-between

Thanks SouthCentralPA for all of the updates!

Yeah, the new Christian St. parking garage in Lancaster is hideous. At least it's somewhat obscured.

Old Posted Oct 10, 2021, 12:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastSideHBG View Post
Affordable senior housing development planned for Harrisburg

Harrisburg City Council approved the preliminary and final land development plan for Bethel Village on Sixth and Herr Streets last week. Plans call a one four-story building to be built on five existing parcels at 1008-1012 N. Sixth St. and 429-441 Herr St. and include 49 low income/affordable housing units for people 62 and older.

https://www.pennlive.com/news/2021/1...outputType=amp
Glad to see this one is going to move forward, especially since there was some pushback because of the number of parking spaces provided.

Old Posted Oct 10, 2021, 12:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deja vu View Post
Thanks SouthCentralPA for all of the updates!

Yeah, the new Christian St. parking garage in Lancaster is hideous. At least it's somewhat obscured.
No problem!

And I agree... it's obscured from Duke St and Chestnut St but unfortunately it is very noticeable from Queen St. I have no idea what they were thinking with this project.

Old Posted Oct 14, 2021, 11:53 PM

https://theburgnews.com/news/officia...-breaks-ground

McCormick Riverfront Library breaks ground on its' expansion, which includes renovating the adjacent Haldeman Haly House and connecting the two buildings. Rendering also looks like a small addition will happen too.

Old Posted Oct 19, 2021, 11:25 PM

Large Midtown apartment building gets OK from Harrisburg zoning board

https://theburgnews.com/news/large-m...g-zoning-board

Quote:
A large apartment building proposed for Midtown Harrisburg received a key approval on Monday night, as the project passed muster with the city zoning board.

The Harrisburg Zoning Hearing Board voted 2-0 to approve a variance and several special exceptions for the 155-unit project at 320 Reily St., currently a paved parking lot covering an entire city block at Reily and N. 4th streets.

Old Posted Oct 20, 2021, 11:42 PM

Stockyard Inn housing proposal awaits decision on zoning relief following Monday hear

https://lancasteronline.com/business...4223f4a7f.html

Seems like there is some pushback on this project although the City says they support it. Some of the reasons listed for being against it are traffic and stormwater. Even though they say that will be addressed during the planning commission phase not the zoning phase. So we'll see what happens here.

Rendering:

Old Posted Oct 26, 2021, 12:20 AM

Photos taken by me on my phone on 10/23/2021. Hard to tell from this angle but I believe the Harrisburg University Tower might be topped out finally!

Old Posted Oct 26, 2021, 12:23 AM

New family-owned grocery store in Uptown Harrisburg offers fresh food to thecommunity

https://theburgnews.com/news/new-fam...-the-community

Awesome to see a grocery store open in Uptown Harrisburg offering fresh food and is family owned! Should be great for the community there.

Old Posted Oct 26, 2021, 3:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthCentralPA View Post
https://theburgnews.com/news/new-fam...-the-community

Awesome to see a grocery store open in Uptown Harrisburg offering fresh food and is family owned! Should be great for the community there.

It's nice to see however, I believe they need a Giant grocery at the location on 3rd and Emerald street, or teardown the uptown plaza and build a Super Walmart on those grounds that would be a game changer.:

Old Posted Oct 26, 2021, 9:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldy1 View Post
It's nice to see however, I believe they need a Giant grocery at the location on 3rd and Emerald street, or teardown the uptown plaza and build a Super Walmart on those grounds that would be a game changer.:
A Super Walmart never helped anything.

Old Posted Oct 26, 2021, 11:17 PM

The reason I said a super Walmart would be good for uptown, I was thinking about the many jobs it could create in that part of the city.

Old Posted Oct 26, 2021, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rd&Brown View Post
A Super Walmart never helped anything.
+1

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations