HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Jun 21, 2021, 3:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slock View Post
Fencing has gone up around this site and it looks like the Liquor Barn has moved out.

https://sfyimby.com/2020/11/renderin...francisco.html
*The Jug Shop.

The entire building has been cleared and there is also building equipment being stored in the parking lot. Hopefully demo is not far behind!

Old Posted Jun 23, 2021, 8:03 PM

Quote:
Application Filed For 2335 Golden Gate Avenue In Inner Richmond, San Francisco
BY: PALAK JAPLOT 4:30 AM ON JUNE 23, 2021

Applications have been submitted seeking the approval of new construction at 2335 Golden Gate Avenue in Inner Richmond, San Francisco. The project proposal includes the construction of an intercollegiate training gymnasium with on-site amenities. Oculus Architects Inc is managing the design concepts and construction.

The proposed development will bring a gymnasium with restrooms, coaches’ offices, and conference rooms. The project will be built above an existing parking garage, the roof of the garage will continue to function as a surface parking lot. The gymnasium court will be constructed on the first level of the building above the parking garage. The gymnasium will provide on-site amenities half a level above the gym and connect to the mezzanine level of the adjacent existing War Memorial Gymnasium. The estimated cost of construction is $110 million.

https://sfyimby.com/2021/06/applicat...7a657b79597443

Old Posted Jun 24, 2021, 4:34 AM

Brisbane, coming from 101 South

Mission Rock

Former McDonald's on Haight, next to Golden Gate Park

5M

Former Macy's Mens building

Old Posted Jun 25, 2021, 3:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedestrian View Post
The University of San Francisco (USF) was mentioned in this blog post as if it was a tangential part of this plan. That is strange. Not even part of the headline.

Old Posted Jun 25, 2021, 6:11 PM

^^Numerous references to “campus” and “intercollegiate” and so on and I assume most locals, like almost everybody posting here, know who’s campus that is. But SFYIMBY does sometimes have odd neighbohood classifications and other categorizations. I would call this Lone Mountain, for example, not Inner Richmond.

Old Posted Jun 26, 2021, 6:15 PM
heavy user of walkability

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIESELPOLO View Post
The University of San Francisco (USF) was mentioned in this blog post as if it was a tangential part of this plan. That is strange. Not even part of the headline.
agree, I also found that strange and a little confusing - took me a minute to sort that out

Old Posted Jun 27, 2021, 12:25 AM

Old Posted Jun 28, 2021, 9:00 AM

Serif

Van Ness

first block of S Van Ness

Ninth and Howard

a part of this one has been uncovered

the work at the Federal Building involves fencing

affordable housing on Bryant

Mission supportive housing, near 7th

Old Posted Jun 28, 2021, 5:37 PM

Re: Federal Building fence

I’m sort of sad to see the Federal Building is getting what looks like an eight foot tall security fence. No doubt it needs some buffer to keep trash and vagrants out, but daaaamn.

Old Posted Jun 28, 2021, 11:43 PM

^ agree, I also found that unfortunate

Old Posted Jul 4, 2021, 10:02 PM

Went for a Sunday drive today and noted that:

- All the bus lanes of the Van Ness BRT project now seem to be paved. There's still a lot of work to be done on paving the islands, repairing temporary sidewalk damage, erecting shelters and lighting, landscaping and so on, but the completion of the red bus paving is good news

- Something is happening on Howard St directly across from the 5M project (odd numbered side of the 900 block). There is all sorts of heavy equipment on the former parking lot and they are demoing the wooden building next to it along Howard. A quick search didn't reveal what this is about. Anybody know?

Sorry I couldn't take any pictures--was on my scooter and needed both hands on the handlebars.

Old Posted Jul 5, 2021, 5:20 AM

Glad to hear there's possible development going up on that parking lot along Howard. The 5th & Mission parking super structure is nearby, so another surface parking lot so close is just redundant.

Old Posted Jul 5, 2021, 6:55 AM
Surrounded by Nature

timbad posted about it at the bottom of the 5M thread.

http://www.perryarchitectsinc.com/92...ftl80l7gmf4lu3

Old Posted Jul 5, 2021, 7:27 AM
Surrounded by Nature

Federal Building Plaza & Fence

Old Posted Jul 5, 2021, 7:37 AM

^^The link didn't work for me so here's another try in case I'm not alone: https://www.sfchronicle.com/sf/artic...a-16290860.php

For Viewguy--I think you need to do it like this (you can see what I did by hitting "quote"

S.F.'s controversial federal tower is getting a new plaza - and a tall protective fence

PS: Thanks for the info on Howard St. I searched for it and didn't see anything. It needs a thread. Since timbal reported it, he should have the "honor" but if nobody else does it for a day or two I will.

Old Posted Jul 5, 2021, 3:49 PM

Old Posted Jul 5, 2021, 5:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by viewguysf View Post
timbad posted about it at the bottom of the 5M thread.

http://www.perryarchitectsinc.com/92...ftl80l7gmf4lu3
transferring here for visibility...

Quote:
Originally Posted by timbad View Post
there was some demolition happening across Howard from 5M. would be nice if this means that plot will get filled in soon, in combo with 5M will make a big difference to the northern portion of Fifth

Old Posted Jul 5, 2021, 9:44 PM

Teatro ZinZanni

Quote:
the affordable one at the foot of Telegraph Hill (side note: appears the Teatro ZinZanni project, which would go up in the foreground of this pic, has been delayed, but I don't have any new info on it)

finally, some word!

Quote:
The project will break ground in the winter, and the construction is estimated to last about 22 months.

Old Posted Jul 5, 2021, 9:52 PM

Quote:
transferring here for visibility...
It still should have a thread as a place to put updates and future progress so I'll make one in "proposals" (for now . . . until it enters the construction phase).

Old Posted Jul 6, 2021, 1:45 AM

Muni Potrero Yard

Quote:

the KQED building makeover is starting to show (Mariposa and Bryant)

(in the left foreground, you can barely see a bit of the large Muni yard that is also slated for a major makeover)

SFYIMBY with an update on this last project too

Quote:
The San Francisco Planning Department has published the draft environmental review for 2500 Mariposa Street in the Mission District of San Francisco. The proposed project would create 575 dwelling units on top of an expanded transit facility.

The 150-foot development will yield approximately 1.3 million square feet, with 544,000 square feet for residential use, 4,000 square feet for ground-floor retail, 52,000 square feet of offices, 576,000 square feet for the transit facility, and 91,000 square feet of usable open space. Parking will be included for 213 buses, 91 SFMTA staff vehicles, and 736 residential bicycles. Of the approximately 575 units to be produced, half will be rented as affordable. Unit sizes will range from studios to three bedrooms.

The draft environmental review document includes information about four alternatives that mitigate construction’s environmental and architectural impact. Alternative A would involve no construction, leaving the existing SFMTA capacity with 24 maintenance bays and parking for 214 SFMTA vehicles. Alternative B offers full preservation of the 45-foot tall office wing along Mariposa Street that had been deemed architecturally significant, demolishes the maintenance and operations building, produces just 477 units, 16 maintenance repair bays, parking for 270 SFMTA vehicles, and reduces the overall building area by 240,000 square feet.

Alternative C would partially preserve the office building and reduce the built area by 230,000 square feet. Alternative C also includes 459 residential units and capacity for 283 SFMTA vehicles. Alternative D would see the transit facility built without housing to have 18 maintenance repair bays and the capacity for 310 SFMTA vehicles.

They are targeting to have groundbreaking in 2023 and occupancy as early as the end of 2026.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations