HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest

Old Posted May 11, 2020, 6:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by azsunsurfer View Post
Did we already cover this one? In the print addition of AZRE, Broadstone is apparently getting ready to move forward with the "largest multifamily project in this area of Phoenix." It said it will be built on a site of an abandoned hotel along Camelback Road just east of 7th Ave. It will have 280 units in a five story building. I'll try and see if I can get a snippet of the rendering. Looks like various materials used in the facade. I can't tell if there will be retail or not, not sure if someone knows of the planning packet that was submitted?
Yeah it’s replacing that abandoned hotel

Old Posted May 11, 2020, 6:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Code5 View Post
Yeah, that's what I initially thought. IS that still a functional auto shop?
I almost wish Matt's Big Breakfast would move in there. They'd have plenty more indoor space, a kickass patio, plus those garage doors. That's just a fantasy though.
It is not a functional auto shop, they'll lease it soon to someone once the F&B industry recovers.

Old Posted May 11, 2020, 7:27 PM

Yeah, don’t believe there will be any retail space, just a lobby and “gallery” space along Camelback. If I remember correctly, rather than garage entrances being off the 5th Ave alleyway, there’s a driveway cut added on Camelback due to issues with alleyway rights or some crap.

Old Posted May 14, 2020, 9:28 PM
Modulator

-FAA tower crane app for Portrait phase 2: https://oeaaa.faa.gov/oeaaa/external...39869046&row=0

Old Posted May 15, 2020, 7:34 PM
Skyriser

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggus diggus View Post
It is not a functional auto shop, they'll lease it soon to someone once the F&B industry recovers.
That's great news, it says right there on streetview they moved.

Old Posted May 19, 2020, 2:28 AM

Little tower crane up for the apartments at Clarendon and Central

Old Posted May 20, 2020, 4:57 PM

https://ktar.com/story/3161277/phoen...Vc2X-ChWr9ZdCE

First time we’ve seen a rendering for the new Deck Park Vista Apartments. From what I heard earlier, I thought it was planned to be a tower.

Last edited by Phxguy; May 20, 2020 at 5:44 PM.

Old Posted May 20, 2020, 5:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phxguy View Post

First time we’ve seen a rendering for the new Deck Park Vista Apartments. From what I heard earlier, I thought it would was planned to be a tower.
W
T
F

Disappointing. Thought it would be a tower as well. And why are they promoting "security cameras installed throughout the property" as an amenity? LOL

Old Posted May 20, 2020, 5:39 PM
Modulator

Quote:

First time we’ve seen a rendering for the new Deck Park Vista Apartments. From what I heard earlier, I thought it would was planned to be a tower.
I saw this a few days ago and was so dismayed and aggravated by it that I did not even want to post it here. Another City of Phoenix blunder.

Old Posted May 20, 2020, 5:45 PM

They're nearly quadrupling the number of affordable units at the location and providing a much needed product downtown and it's a "blunder"?

Some of you. I swear. I know this is "skyscraper" page but the attitude that it's either a pretty tower or garbage is getting seriously old.

Old Posted May 20, 2020, 5:52 PM
Modulator

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggus diggus View Post
They're nearly quadrupling the number of affordable units at the location and providing a much needed product downtown and it's a "blunder"?

Some of you. I swear. I know this is "skyscraper" page but the attitude that it's either a pretty tower or garbage is getting seriously old.
The City of Phoenix initially stated they wanted or could get 400 units on this development. They selected a proposal that is half of that. That's why it is a blunder. Has nothing to do with a tower. 400 units would have been 10 stories at the most. That's not a tower.

Old Posted May 20, 2020, 5:54 PM

The City of Phoenix isn't exactly swimming in cash for development right now. They'd have to turn it over to a private developer who is willing to take a giant gamble instead. How many developers do you know right now who are making gambles on affordable housing?

Old Posted May 20, 2020, 7:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrestedSaguaro View Post
The City of Phoenix initially stated they wanted or could get 400 units on this development. They selected a proposal that is half of that. That's why it is a blunder. Has nothing to do with a tower. 400 units would have been 10 stories at the most. That's not a tower.
100% agree!

The Housing Department still being coy about releasing the 3 proposals due to my public records request. Probably cause they know they will be scrutinized for, more than likely, choosing the shittiest proposal of the 3

Want to see what Gorman and Company, LLC & Synergy, Inc submitted...

Old Posted May 20, 2020, 8:00 PM
Skyriser

And that would have been concrete. It's a waste of money to put affordable housing funds towards concrete structures. Although they did say up to 436 units originally so maybe they could have ponied up.

The bigger question I have is why they're tearing down a building that's probably still serviceable. Deck Park Vista was built in 1992, not that old at all.

Old Posted May 20, 2020, 8:10 PM

That old building doesn't make good use of the lot, so they can almost double the number of units and it makes sense.

Last edited by biggus diggus; May 20, 2020 at 8:38 PM.

Old Posted May 20, 2020, 8:37 PM

Quote:

First time we’ve seen a rendering for the new Deck Park Vista Apartments. From what I heard earlier, I thought it was planned to be a tower.
I honestly don’t remember it ever being a tower

Old Posted May 20, 2020, 9:06 PM
Modulator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obadno View Post
I honestly don’t remember it ever being a tower

Quote:
According to city documents, the city's housing development wants to demolish the 56-unit complex and replace it with a high-rise tower with up to 436 new apartment units.
From ABC15 https://www.abc15.com/news/region-ph...wntown-phoenix

I also recall AZ Central publishing a similar article mentioning a tower.

Old Posted May 20, 2020, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASU Diablo View Post
100% agree!

The Housing Department still being coy about releasing the 3 proposals due to my public records request. Probably cause they know they will be scrutinized for, more than likely, choosing the shittiest proposal of the 3

Want to see what Gorman and Company, LLC & Synergy, Inc submitted...
Hopefully they release them eventually!

I get that affordable housing is a hard sell for developers, but a highrise on that lot would have been outstanding. So close to the freeway and everything. It could've been a looker. I can't say I'm not disappointed.

Why does the city council keep doing this? I'd like to know about the other proposals just to understand why the one they chose was the best one.

Old Posted May 20, 2020, 11:28 PM
Modulator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Code5 View Post
Hopefully they release them eventually!

I get that affordable housing is a hard sell for developers, but a highrise on that lot would have been outstanding. So close to the freeway and everything. It could've been a looker. I can't say I'm not disappointed.

Why does the city council keep doing this? I'd like to know about the other proposals just to understand why the one they chose was the best one.
Honestly, I still think the city has cold feet when these type of developments come around. They play it safe because that is what they have been used to for so long. I personally think Phoenix has finally pushed over that point that playing it safe is no longer needed. The city needs to take a gamble here and there. The Hines RFP for the Regency garage is one of those the city needs to seriously look at.

Old Posted May 21, 2020, 12:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrestedSaguaro View Post
Honestly, I still think the city has cold feet when these type of developments come around. They play it safe because that is what they have been used to for so long. I personally think Phoenix has finally pushed over that point that playing it safe is no longer needed. The city needs to take a gamble here and there. The Hines RFP for the Regency garage is one of those the city needs to seriously look at.
Let me see what I can find out about both of these projects. It may take a day or so.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest