HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Proposals

Old Posted Sep 18, 2024, 4:10 PM
你的媽媽

SAN FRANCISCO | 777 Sutter Street | 240 FT | 26 FLOORS

The specs for 777 Sutter St:
- 26 floors, 240 ft
- 36 units (2 1BR, 10 3BR, 9 4BR, 15 5BR)
- 6 of the units will be affordable

The site:
https://maps.app.goo.gl/BEBr51tYYzCa1ssp8

Quote:
Super-Skinny Infill Proposed For 777 Sutter Street in Lower Nob Hill, San Francisco

By: Andrew Nelson 5:30 am on September 18, 2024

New plans have been filed for a super-skinny residential infill at 777 Sutter Street in San Francisco’s Lower Nob Hill neighborhood. The proposal would bring a 26-story apartment building with a few dozen larger apartments to a 35-foot-wide lot. FORMA Development Design & Management is responsible for the application and architecture.

The 240-foot tall tower will yield around 63,440 square feet, including 1,915 square feet of open space. Along with the notably narrow width, residents in 777 Sutter Street will also find below-average ceiling heights, with the average floor-to-floor height of nine feet and two and a half inches, under the typic ten-foot difference in most construction.

The project developer, FORMA, is also responsible for the architectural design. Illustrations published by the city’s Planning Department show the infill pencil tower divided into four volumes above the articulated podium.
https://sfyimby.com/2024/09/super-sk...francisco.html

Old Posted Sep 18, 2024, 4:11 PM
你的媽媽

Last edited by homebucket; Sep 18, 2024 at 5:34 PM.

Old Posted Sep 18, 2024, 4:26 PM

Really cool project, reminiscent of the historical pattern of tower development in Nob hill and Russian Hill. Although the skyline impact would probably be minor, I think all the smaller towers on the hills are a big part of what makes SF's cityscape unique and interesting, so I'm really hoping this comes to fruition.

Old Posted Sep 18, 2024, 5:42 PM
你的媽媽

Agreed. Lots of like about the project. I like the massing with the skinny height and how it replaces a single story building. It's interesting how there are so many multi-room units with 10 3BR, 9 4BR, 15 5BR units. Looking forward to seeing more detailed renderings.

Old Posted Sep 18, 2024, 6:26 PM

Yeah the unit mix caught my eye too - very different from what typically pencils in the Bay Area. I wonder what the developer's angle is on that - are they hoping to sell giant full-floor luxury units, ala NYC pencil supertalls?

Old Posted Sep 19, 2024, 6:24 PM

Curious to see what direction this one takes. I wonder if this is aimed to be dormitory style apartments for groups of roommates rather than families or targeting luxury renters. lower than average ceiling heights, lack of onsite parking (not a bad thing!), and proportion of 5bdrs makes me thing that might be the case.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Proposals