HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Jun 30, 2021, 12:07 PM

Salt Lake City & MSA/CSA Rundown

Created By Blah_Amazing

Last edited by delts145; Nov 16, 2021 at 12:59 PM.

Old Posted Jun 30, 2021, 2:32 PM

Downtown Update - 95 So. State - February thru June 2021

https://kutv.com/resources/media/dd4...?1556058476688

View of the 95 S. State Office Tower site on the left and the Liberty Sky Residential Tower site on the right. Background and rising above downtown to the Northeast is the Avenues District

https://i0.wp.com/www.buildingsaltla...er-8.png?ssl=1

Rendering, looking south toward north face of 95 S. State Tower, mid-block Social Hall Avenue and Canopy structure on the left

February 22nd

Photos By Atlas

Updated and New Renderings Added

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blah_Amazing View Post
95 State has finally launched their website.
https://www.95stateslc.com/
I noticed the website included renderings, some I've definitely seen, but a few renderings were definitely new to me as well.

Looking South

Looking East

Floor Cross-Section

95 State Main Lobby

The Link. The design of the meeting house has changed slightly, with what appears to be additional slats than prior renderings.

Patio Area

Patio Area

The Link and City Creek

The Link - Lower Level

Main Lobby

The website also includes a brochure:

April 23rd
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlas View Post
From the subreddit today:

Source: u/chaunceton on r/DevelopmentSLC

Maybe they were waiting on those white-painted beams to come in? From the webcam:

April 25th

April 28th - 95 State today, from City Creek:

Photos By Atlas

April 30th

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLC PopPunk View Post
My work is moving to full time remote so I went into the office to clean out my desk. Snapped a pic of what would have been the view from my desk.

Photo by SLC PopPunk

May 20th

Photos By Blah_Amazing

June 4th
Glass is being installed on the ground floor of 95 State:

Pic By RC14

June 12th...&

...& June 25th

Quote:
Originally Posted by BretUtah View Post
I have some family in a sky suite at The Regent and I took a couple of pics from their view. I was trying to get all 3 cranes without a glare but I couldn't get one.

Photos By BretUtah

Last edited by delts145; Aug 2, 2021 at 8:52 PM.

Old Posted Jun 30, 2021, 2:50 PM

Downtown Update - Liberty Sky

(Artist's rendition courtesy of Cowboy Properties) Cowboy Properties and Boyer Co. are looking to build a 24-story apartment building on the east side of State Street between
the Federal Building on 100 South and the Maverik headquarters building on 200 South. The $90 million project is being praised for its prospects of bringing more residents to downtown Salt Lake City.

February 22nd

Photo By Atlas

March 21st

Source

Quote:
Looking Northwest, View of downtown from the 16th floor of Liberty Sky, presumably from today:

April 21st

Liberty Sky Foreground Right, 95 So. State Background

Photo By Orlando

May 21st

Photo By Blah_Amazing

May 25th

Photo By Atlas

June 2021

June 12th & 25th 2021

June 12th - The roof of Liberty Sky is topped out

June 25th - I have some family in a sky suite at The Regent and I took a couple of pics from their view. I was trying to get all 3 cranes without a glare but I couldn't get one.

Photos By BretUtah

Old Posted Jun 30, 2021, 7:43 PM
Chairman

Quote:
Originally Posted by delts145 View Post
Salt Lake City & MSA/CSA Rundown

Created By Blah_Amazing
Lower left! What is this?

-sb

Old Posted Jul 1, 2021, 1:19 AM

That is one of the two most recently announced towers going up on Main, "The Sundial". Next to it immediately to the south on the corner lot will be a new residential tower that for now has a working title of 465 So. Main. I included it immediately below here in the next post. Both had been rumored for months and now seem to be moving through the initial process very quickly.

Downtown Update, Sundial Tower

Quote:
New photos and details on the Sundial tower from a Hines luncheon recording I found on LinkedIn.

Notes on Sundial Tower:
  • "Trophy" office tower
  • Pickard Chilton was inspired by Sundial Peak, wants to "bring the outdoors inside"
  • Lead architect is Tony Markese
  • Meant to look like a different building from every angle
  • 8-story parking garage
  • "Very efficient"
  • 9th floor amenity space, 19th floor private patio space
  • Aiming for 2024, they have the ground lease. The other lot on the corner will be residential and is being developed by PEG.

May 21st - Sundial Tower Site

Photo By Blah_Amazing

Last edited by delts145; Aug 7, 2022 at 12:17 PM.

Old Posted Jul 1, 2021, 1:27 AM

Downtown Update - 465 South Main - (Will sit at the corner immediately south of the newly announced Sundial Tower and adj. west of the recently completed DA Offices).

Quote:

Project Basics:

- 15 Floors (5 floor podium, 9 floors residential, top floor amenity)
- 175 feet tall (53 meters) to roof
- 242 residential units (48 studio, 50 1-Bed, & 73 2-Bed)
- 134 stacked parking system stalls (ratio of 0.55 : 1)
- 2,760 square feet ground floor retail on Main Street
- 0.57 - acre lot in the D1 Zone
- Architecture Firm: FFKR Architects
- Developer: Peg Development

Project Description:

Quote:
Proposed projected is located at 465 Main Street, in Downtown Salt Lake City. The property is currently a vacant lot that has been subdivided into two lots; the one our project sists on and the adjacent lot which will house an office building. The new construction will be a 9-story tower built over a 5-story concrete podium.
The ground floor will be pedestrian scale retail that engages the street and the TRAX line. The upper floors will all be residential apartments, with a 5th floor amenity deck and a rooftop terrace. Parking will be housed behind the first-floor retail and will be a parking stacker system.

Project Renderings

View looking Northeast from the intersection of Main Street & 500 South

View looking Southeast from Main Street

View looking North from 500 South

View looking Northwest from 500 South

View looking Northwest from slightly above the DA Offices

Site Plan

Vicinity Map

Building Section

Elevations:

West Elevation

West Elevation

North Elevation

South Elevation

West Elevation

Old Posted Jul 1, 2021, 1:42 AM

Downtown - Updated Renderings for the Upcoming Pantages Tower Released

Quote:
Also, Notes on the upcoming Theater Tower:
  • Being rebranded from "Main Street Apartments" to "150 S Main"
  • Another year of design work to go, then two years of construction
  • Confirmed that they are working on incorporating the Tiffany skylight into the new building.
  • No new renderings except maybe this one showing more of the midblock walkway than before

Last edited by delts145; Jul 8, 2021 at 12:11 PM.

Old Posted Jul 1, 2021, 7:02 PM

Downtown Update - Redevelopment, Seismic Upgrades, Renovation and Restoration of Historic Temple Square

Current Temple Square setup. Note in upcoming plans how the structures fronting the Temple at the north and south will be demolished and replaced in different positions in their relationship to the Temple itself. The more modern structures
that now front the Temple on both sides will be removed and new structures with a more historic vibe will be constructed to the sides of the Temple. This will open up the iconic structures approach. Landscaping and water features will also
be redeveloped, again affording the historic Temple improved site lines. Also, a significant part of the redevelopment will be subterranean structures and seismic upgrades.

https://2486634c787a971a3554-d983ce5...a107d70264.jpg

Rendering of sightline improvement views from the street perspective to the north. Compare to blocked street views in photo above

Rendering of sightline improvement views from the street perspective to the south. Street views formerly blocked by a solid wall and modern-day structural additions.

Church President Russell M. Nelson announced the pioneer-era temple will close December 29, 2019, and will remain closed for approximately four years while undergoing a major structural and seismic renovation. The temple is expected
to reopen in 2024 with a public open house.

“This project will enhance, refresh, and beautify the temple and its surrounding grounds,” said President Nelson. “Obsolete systems within the building will be replaced. Safety and seismic concerns will be addressed. Accessibility will be enhanced
so that members with limited mobility can be better accommodated.”

The surrounding area on Temple Square and the plaza near the Church Office Building will also be affected as existing buildings are demolished and the area undergoes renovation and restoration. The existing annex and temple addition on the
north side, which were built in the 1960s to add needed support facilities and more sealing (marriage) rooms, will be demolished and rebuilt.

What will visitor experience be like during renovation? We now know

Tad Walch - December 4th - Deseret News - https://www.deseret.com/2019/12/4/20...-temple-square

SALT LAKE CITY — ...Temple Square will remain open 365 days a year and is expected to attract more visitors than ever before as the curious flock to watch the construction and see a new film and exhibits at the Conference Center across
the street, officials for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints said Wednesday...

An artistic rendering of the renovated Lower Grand Hall in the Salt Lake Temple. Intellectual Reserve, Inc.

...“The most exciting thing to experience will be to view the temple renovation itself from the vantage point of the balcony and the roof of the Conference Center. You’ll be able to see over all the construction fences right down into the
full excavation of the temple.”

Some 5 million people visit Temple Square each year, making it one of the Nation's biggest tourist attractions. The tourist buses that bring many of those visitors to the area now will arrive on the West Temple Street side of the
Conference Center block...

...A new audio/visual experience will help visitors to the Conference Center auditorium, which seats 21,000 people and features an organ with 7,708 pipes, feel what it’s like to attend...concerts by the Tabernacle Choir at Temple Square...

...Construction viewing areas will be available around the square, too.

“There will be multiple vistas to see what work is going on,” he said. “People will be able to see the deep excavation and the footings and foundations of the temple.”

Roberts is excited to show off the construction site with the Conference Center as a welcome and visitors center.

“It’s going to be absolutely spectacular,” he said. “You’ll have the opportunity to come down, enjoy the temple construction site, walk over and see the foundation of the temple while we’re working on it. No one’s ever had the chance to see that.
To construction guys, that’s pretty exciting.”

The remodel has a main purpose.

“First of all, seismic stability in the temple concerns the First Presidency and the Brethren long term. We want to make sure that is protected and it will last,” Roberts said. “Secondly, mechanical, electrical and plumbing is 56 to 65 years old.
It needs to be replaced. It needs to be updated.”

The reason the foundation and footings will be exposed is because the major part of the renovation is placing the massive, granite temple — the largest Latter-day Saint temple in the world — on a base isolation system.

“What we’re doing is separating the temple, the foundation, from the earth itself with a mobile, moving base isolation system,” Roberts said. “So we’ve got to go all the way down there. We’re going to save the old footings because they are
historic. ... We will brace the temple up on the base isolators and separate it from the ground, in essence ... to allow the temple to float and move during a seismic event at a slower rate to preserve it from damage.”

Photo Timeline Updates -
https://churchofjesuschristtemples.o...Construction-1

5 May 2020 - Courtesy of Pam Burt - Portions of Temple Square wall on north side removed

16 May 2020 - Courtesy of Jacob Oscarson - Landscaping removed from top of annex’s lower level

18 May 2020 - Courtesy of Jacob Dunn - Crews ready golden statuary of Angel Moroni for liftoff, removal and restoration

18 May 2020 - Courtesy of C. Nielsen

19 June 2020 Courtesy of Jacob Oscarson - Progress on annex demolition

Temple Square Renovation Update Contd. - Demolition Timeline - https://churchofjesuschristtemples.o...onstruction-17

9 July - Courtesy of Benjamin Brown - Sealing Annex demolition continues

17 July - Courtesy of Jacob Oscarson - Annex demolition continues

10 August 2020 - Courtesy of Jacob Oscarson - Annex demolition nearing completion

28 August 2020 Courtesy of Jacob Oscarson - Majority of debris from annex removed; depth of excavation evident by looking at soldier pile wall

1 November 2020 Courtesy of Jacob Oscarson - Tower crane installed in the area south of the temple

4 November 2020 Courtesy of Intellectual Reserve, Inc. - Tension rod coring strengthens foundation

15 November 2020 Courtesy of Jacob Oscarson - Excavation north of temple deepens

2021 Timeline - Temple Square Renovation Update Contd. - https://churchofjesuschristtemples.o...onstruction-17

Pictured, Redesigned Plaza portion of Temple Square Campus

8 January 2021 Courtesy of Preston Thackeray - Church Office Building plaza fenced off for grounds renovation

10 February 2021 Courtesy of Michael Provard
Support structures installed in the Church Office Building parking facility near the entrance to the Joseph Smith Memorial Building, holding up the plaza garden areas

10 February 2021 Courtesy of Intellectual Reserve, Inc.
Area between Church Office Building and Joseph Smith Memorial Building being used as road to transport materials needed for the COB plaza renovation

10 February 2021 Courtesy of Intellectual Reserve, Inc.
Canopy tubes installed to support excavation of tunnel under North Temple Street from temple side

10 February 2021 Courtesy of Intellectual Reserve, Inc. - Stones from the top of the temple are labeled for cleaning and storage

15 March 2021 Courtesy of Preston Thackeray - New tunnel under North Temple that will connect Conference Center parking with temple entrance

24 March 2021 - Courtesy of Jacob Oscarson Demolition of the Church Office Building plaza

6 May 2021 - Courtesy of Michael Provard
Fountain completely removed from Church Office Building plaza

June 2021 - Courtesy of Intellectual Reserve, Inc.
Post-tensioned cables help resist the soil pressure that increases with depth

The buttresses attached to the secant wall around the foundation are gradually exposed

The secant wall around the temple foundation is gradually exposed for deeper excavations

The waiting crew prepares to position the new roof truss

A tower crane lifts a 35,000-pound roof truss into place

Last edited by delts145; Jul 31, 2021 at 3:15 PM.

Old Posted Jul 1, 2021, 8:20 PM

Sugar House District, Latest Lineup Of Projects

Quote:
So with Alta Terra getting proposed recently, I thought I would make another one of these project collages for the Sugar House Neighborhood...

Note: since Dixon Place is now accepting tenants, I chose to leave it out since it is now considered 'completed.'

Last edited by delts145; Jul 2, 2021 at 12:16 PM.

Old Posted Jul 2, 2021, 5:52 AM

Sugar House District Update, The Residences at Sugar Alley

Sugar Alley is a 186-Unit mixed-use development located in Salt Lake City’s prestigious Sugarhouse District. Class A amenities will be accompanied with 17,332 square feet of ground floor retail.

Rendering of the Eastern side of Sugar Alley as seen from Highland Drive. If you look in the upper right corner, you can see their other proposed project, Dixon Place.

Rendering of the Eastern side of Sugar Alley as seen from Highland Drive.

Rendering of the Eastern side of Sugar Alley as seen from Highland Drive and the corner of the soon to be continued Wilmington Ave (will separate Sugarmont Apartments and Sugar Alley).
I like that they included the Sugarmont Apartments in the background of this image.

Rendering of the Sugar Alley 'Residences at Sugar Alley' entry/ lobby interior for the apartments.

Rendering of the Sugar Alley 'Residences at Sugar Alley' entry/ lobby for the apartments. East side as seen from Highland Drive.

Rendering of the Sugar Alley pedestrian walkway and street cafes/ restaurants separating Sugar Alley and 'The Vue at Sugar House Crossing.' Northeast corner of Sugar Alley as seen from Highland Drive.

Rendering of the Sugar Alley pedestrian walkway and street cafes/ restaurants separating Sugar Alley and 'The Vue at Sugar House Crossing.' Northwest corner of Sugar Alley.

This is a map from the Dixon Building project, which is being built across the street from the Sugarmont Project. So replace the 'Dixon Building' with the new Sugar Alley project.
I thought it might help people 'get their bearings,' so to speak. The 'proposed apartment building' in the upper left side is the under-construction Sugarmont Apartment building.

https://media-exp1.licdn.com/dms/ima...hw6vMUbXiwxKUo

Note: The 'Sugarmont' under construction in the background, which is also neighboring to the 'Dixon Place' and the 'Sugar Alley'.
A lot of units in various stages of planning and construction will be coming online for the Sugar House District. Among these three projects alone the total is 545 units.

https://www.kier.org/our-work/multi-...-apartments-2/

March 21st

Photo By Atlas

April 25th

Sugarmont to the left and Sugar Alley on the right

Photos By Atlas

Recent Additional Photos By Kier Construction @ https://www.kier.org/our-work/multi-...-apartments-2/

June 2021

Photos By Kier Construction

Last edited by delts145; Sep 27, 2021 at 10:17 PM.

Old Posted Jul 2, 2021, 12:10 PM

Update, Sugar House District - Latest ABIDrone Flyover - June 21st, 2021 - The 40 Park Avenue Construction

The Sugar House District - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xxvaoebyyfw

Sugar House Park

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/e9/ca...6ce0a255d4.jpg

Across the street from Sugar House Park is this enthusiastically welcomed development. Formerly the giant parking lot of the big-box retailer Shopko, now an exciting addition to Salt Lake City's booming urban density redevelopment.
We all love getting rid of big-box old-style parking lots. Both the 80 and 60 Park Ave. structures are now completed. The 40 Park structure is progressing rapidly as you can see in the ABIDrone flyover

https://redirectdigital.com/wp-conte...rk_ave_slc.jpg

Under Construction - Updated Rendering - The 1240 Park Avenue Apartments

The updated rendering, showing front changes. They've also added an additional floor. This updated rendering was released a little over a month ago.

https://www.connect.media/wp-content...dering-SLC.jpg

Park Avenue Developments

The buildings are replacing 9 acres of underutilized land near the heart of Sugar House. There are two new east-to-west streets to the north and south of the
development that will connect Highland Drive to 1300 East. The development will also include two new north to south throughways connecting Ashton to Stringham.

Aerial of projects as seen from the I-80 and 1300 East Interchange

Rendering of the clock tower looking southwest from Stringham Avenue. Image courtesy Dixon Architects.

Sugar House - Crede Residential Launch Development - https://www.connect.media/crede-cott...ent-on-slc-mf/

Irvine, CA-headquartered CREDE broke ground on Park Avenue Apartments, a 238-unit multifamily complex in Salt Lake City’s Sugar House community. Developed in partnership with Salt Lake City-based Cottonwood Residential, the project is set for a Q4 2021 delivery.

CREDE’s Colby Durnin says, “Park Avenue Apartments will provide highly desirable apartments in the burgeoning Sugar House area. The economic growth of Utah and Salt Lake City in particular, have led to a strong need for new residential options, as more companies relocate or open offices in Salt Lake City.”

The mid-rise 238-unit project will offer studio, one and two-bedroom apartment homes. Each unit will include nine-foot ceilings, luxury vinyl wood plank flooring, upgraded cabinetry and stone countertops, with most units having a balcony or patio. The building will also feature 1,400 square feet of retail space, a fitness center, and a resort-style pool with an outdoor terrace that includes fire pits, barbecues and two hot tubs.

Last edited by delts145; Aug 6, 2021 at 12:33 PM.

Old Posted Jul 2, 2021, 12:22 PM

Update - Sugar House District - Dixon Place

Copy excerpts provided by Taylor Anderson @ BuildingSaltLake.com Dixon Place is a 59-unit apartment building that will continue the urbanization of Sugar House...

The six-story Dixon Place, at 1034 E. Elm Ave., will be the latest building to enclose McClelland Street in one of Salt Lake City’s fastest-changing neighborhoods, which has seen a string of developments that are remaking the area’s fabric.

The building will include 35 one-bedroom and 24 two-bedroom units renting around $1,500 to over $2,000 a month and aims to attract business professionals, singles and young families, according to a news release and interview.

“Salt Lake City is one of the fastest-growing regions in the U.S. and an extremely promising area for multifamily real estate development,” said Pieter Berger, senior associate partner at MVE + Partners, the firm that designed the Dixon Place. “We are excited to introduce a new design that reflects the rich history and culture of the Sugar House neighborhood while providing the modern features and amenities renters desire.”

The lobby of Dixon Place, the new building on McClelland Street that will become the headquarters of Lowe Property Group. Rendering courtesy of MVE + Partners.

February 6th

Photos By Always Sunny In SLC

April 7th

Quote:
Kier Construction Corporation, The Dixon Place Apartments in Sugarhouse are so, so close. Great work Brayden, Thomas, Steve, Tessa, and Colleen!

Old Posted Jul 3, 2021, 2:06 AM

Downtown Update - Hyatt Regency, Convention Center Hotel - January 7th thru June 12th

Construction on the hotel started Jan. 13 and the grand opening is scheduled for October 2022.

Jason Lee for the Deseret News...Salt Lake County officials, in conjunction with Atlanta-based real estate developer Portman Holdings, broke ground Friday on the building, which the Hyatt Hotels Corp.
will manage and operate as the new Hyatt Regency Salt Lake City. The new hotel will be located at the corner of 200 South and West Temple in downtown Salt Lake City, adjacent to the Salt Palace Convention Center.

Scheduled to open in October 2022, the $377-million project will be partially financed through the Commercial Property Assessed Clean Energy program, which allows for specialty financing to enable green energy design and implementation,
a news release stated. The 700-plus room hotel will be among the first “ground-up” developments to utilize the program in the Beehive State...

...“It gives us another layer of sophistication when it comes to attracting bigger and better shows to the state of Utah that helps the entire area. Utah’s going to take a better step in terms of prominence on the national stage because of a
facility like this,” he said. “People that hadn’t considered the state before are now going to say, ‘I need to look at Utah, I need to be in Utah for these conventions.’ That’s what kind of prominence this new center is going to give us.”

The 686,784-square-foot, 26-story hotel will include 700 guest rooms and 60,000 square feet of meeting space, as well as two separate restaurants on the first and sixth floors and a lobby bar. The sixth-floor restaurant will sit adjacent to
an outdoor area with a swimming pool, as well as a 7,500-square-foot outdoor terrace for events and other activities.

The project will be directly connected to the Salt Palace Convention Center to provide convenience for convention attendees, Baisiwala said...

...“This hotel is built directly into the convention center, which makes it exceptionally easy for the convention attendees to go in and out from their hotel rooms into the convention center,” he said. “Perhaps more importantly, it has a lot
of suites — big rooms where VIPs can be housed. And it also has a lot of meeting space which augments the number of meeting rooms of the Salt Palace.”

Salt Lake City's Salt Palace Convention Center. Convention Center Hotel to rise at the far south end pictured here.

https://www.monaco-saltlakecity.com/...r-c3205e56.jpg

Note the Circular Plaza at the bottom, which was the former appearance of the plaza that has now become the construction zone of the new Convention Center Hotel

https://static1.squarespace.com/stat...55/SLC+library

January 7th

Photo By Luke Garrott @ BuildingSaltLake.com Convention center hotel site, orange, center. The roof of the Salt Palace Convention Center left-center.

Salt Lake City convention hotel on track for fall 2022 opening

Estimated to cost $377-plus million, Hyatt Regency Salt Lake City is scheduled to be completed and hosting its first guests in the fall of 2022

Janurary 12th - Henry S. Johnson for Global Travel Industry News - https://eturbonews.com/2552484/salt-...-2022-opening/

One year after its groundbreaking ceremony, Salt Lake’s convention hotel — the Hyatt Regency Salt Lake City — is on schedule for completion in October 2022.

The tower concrete construction is completed through level three and the podium steel erection begins later this month. Through the first quarter of 2021, the exterior façade installation will begin, escalators on meeting room levels will be hoisted into place and the vertical construction is slated to continue to progress with topping out of the project to come at the end of this year.

“Seeing the Hyatt Regency Salt Lake City taking shape is both exciting and promising for Salt Lake’s meeting and convention future and the recovery of our visitor economy from the devastating effects of COVID-19,” said Kaitlin Eskelson, president & CEO of Visit Salt Lake.

“Our sales team will soon have everything meeting professionals want and they’re working hard to fill this new property and the many others throughout our community to ensure the long-term success of Salt Lake’s hospitality community.”

January 30th

Photo By tchild2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pencil View Post
Downtown - Latest Hyatt Regency Convention Center Hotel Progress Videos
February 5th

Video Link

Video Link

February 22nd

Photos By Atlas

March 3rd

Quote:
First signs of glass on the CCH!

Source - Posted By Atlas

March 26th

Source (and more photos) - Posted By Atlas

April 25th

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC14 View Post
Hyatt Regency, taken under an hour ago:

Photos By RC14

April 25th

Photos By Atlas

June 12th

CCH from my patio

CCH crains got taller over the weekend

CCH at night

Photos By BretUtah

July 1st

The Convention Hotel is getting a lot of new convention space

Photo By BretUtah

Last edited by delts145; Jul 27, 2021 at 1:11 PM.

Old Posted Jul 3, 2021, 2:10 PM

Downtown Update, The West Quarter, Phase I & II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makid View Post
Sounds like Phase 2 for The West Quarter, may be moving faster than originally thought.

From the original plan, I think they were looking to have RWP clearing out in early 2022. With it happening around May 2021, this could mean that the overall timing has sped up.

I do think it would be nice to have 3+ projects undergoing excavation at the same time. It is this that probably lead to the speed up of Phase 2. This will allow the current workers to shift from Phase 1 to Phase 2.

I do wonder how many towers we will see continue above the Phase 2 podium. Will we see all 3 towers, just the Residential and Hotel, or just the Residential. Pre-Covid, the plan was for the Residential and the Hotel to go up immediately and the Commercial tower to be added once demand was there. Does anyone know if this is still the plan or if we may see all 3 towers rise simultaneously?

Quote:
Very exciting to see West Quarter Phase II going forward. Walking from Main Street along 200 S, Block 67 feels so impenetrable right now. It's really going to be a nice urban gateway to the Vivint Arena when it's done, not to mention it may have a massive impact on the skyline. Right now, SLC doesn't have any towers that are more than a block or so from Main Street...

By Tony Semerad, The Salt Lake Tribunehttps://www.sltrib.com/news/2019/12/...city-approves/

Salt Lake City has approved a way to pump $15 million into building a huge subterranean parking garage for Block 67, an upcoming ambitious residential and hotel project on the western edge of the city’s downtown.

The agreement, backed Tuesday by the City Council in its role overseeing the city’s Redevelopment Agency (RDA), clears a major hurdle for what is to be known as The West Quarter, a 6.45-acre development bounded by
100 South and 200 South from 200 West to 300 West.

(Rendering by The Ritchie Group) A rendering of The Ritchie Group's proposed Block 67 development in Salt Lake City, as though looking north along 300 West...

Developers with Salt Lake City-based The Ritchie Group and Garn Development Co. in Layton plan to build more than 650 dwellings, two hotels, an office tower, retail shops, a tree-lined street cut through the block and an underground
parking garage with more than 1,200 stalls.

With its four towers and extensive amenities, to be built in two phases, The West Quarter project will push the center of the city’s urban core west, with more robust pedestrian connections between the existing downtown and The Gateway and
Vivint Smart Home Arena farther west.

“It really is a good project,” Councilman Charlie Luke said Tuesday. “It really is going to do a lot for the city and especially for that part of the city in terms of redevelopment."...

...Ryan Ritchie, a principal in The Ritchie Group, has said the underground parking garage is integral to the project’s overall financial success...The loan agreement sets up a legal mechanism for the city to give the developers the $15 million in
money for the parking garage, then lets the developers pay it back over time as their project generates additional tax money. Salt Lake City’s RDA will, in turn, pass those payments back to the county...

Additional Renderings of Block 67 - Subterranean garage to serve both Phases I and Phase II

Quote:
Originally Posted by meman View Post
December 5th - Construction fencing is going up around the West Quarter site today!!

Looks like another big project is imminent!!
Jacobsen is partnering with The Ritchie Group and Garn Development to build Phase I of The Block 67 Project. The West Quarter, a multi-use development that will help define the emerging sports and entertainment district in downtown Salt Lake City.
The project — adjacent to Vivint Smart Home Arena — will feature more than 650 residential units, a mid-block street with access to 200 South and 300 West, and a subterranean parking garage. The scope of work also includes more than
100,000 square feet of retail space, 430,000 square feet of office space and a 271-room hotel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajiuO View Post
The cranes seemed to pop out of nowhere quick.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Makid View Post
The view from the 6th North bridge is amazing. The cranes look so far away from Main Street even though they are only 2 blocks.

I can't wait for the 2 CCH cranes to also go up. 6 tower cranes up and working From State Street to 3rd West and South Temple to 2nd South.

My wife did point out to me today as we drove around downtown that there are many work trucks from out of state license plats at the various projects. I thought that this was nice in that we are pulling workers from other states for our projects.

May 31st

Photo By StayingInformed

June 29th

The West End project by Ritchie Group at 251 W 100 S is getting footings after installing two main cranes. Its first phase will add residential, hospitality, and hotel capacity around the Utah Jazz arena.

Photo By Luke Garrott @ https://www.buildingsaltlake.com/in-...tinues-to-pop/

July 29th

Pic By Scott Harding

August 28th

Photo By Atlas

December 23rd

Photo By Atlas

January 7, 2021

The West Quarter’s south crane. Convention center hotel site, center top.
Photo By Luke Garrott of BuildingSaltLake.com

April 12th

Here are some shots of the West Quarter from April 12th, found on Twitter. These are starting to make a big impact!

Photos Provided By Atlas - found on Twitter

April 25th

Site of the upcoming portion of Phase II of the West Quarter. Taken pre-demolition

Photos By Atlas

Updated Design of Hotel Portion of Phase I

Quote:
The next planning commission meeting will discuss proposed changes to the West Quarter development. Most of it seems to be related to the appearance of the hotel portion of the project. Details and renderings (more in the document linked above):
Quote:
The West Quarter project challenges the typical 10‐acre Salt Lake City block by proposing a development centered around a new through mid‐block street, resting on a below grade parking garage. The midblock
street will break down the large block scale and provide a pedestrian connection between the Downtown on 200 South and Gateway District on 300 West. The mid‐block street will be lined with retail on both sides creating an active urban environment that is focused more on pedestrian activity
while reducing vehicular traffic.

Due to the large size of our city blocks, the existing grade of our streets and sidewalks changes deceivingly across the block frontage as well as from one block to another. The existing grade along 300 West block changes by approximately 10’‐0”, approximately half of which takes place across the project frontage. Similarly, the grade continues to change along 200 South block frontage and 200 West creating three different elevations that the mid‐street and the service alley will connect and reconcile. From that perspective the project needed to prioritize the grade elevations and their transition to maximize accessibility and street activation without making modifications to the existing streets.

300 West is a State road operated by the Utah Department of Transportation (UDOT) and is subject to UDOT regulations. The existing street elevation along 300 West (between the new mid‐block street and entrance to the hotel port cochere) varies between 4272.96 at the south end and 4276.30 at the north end. The hotel ground level elevation has been set at 4278 to maximize accessibility and engagement with the new mid‐block street. The grade changes and complex relationship between the existing and new mid‐block street required the design of the 300 West frontage to be reevaluated subsequently to the Planning Commission approval.
And it turns out SLC will have at least one rooftop dining and drinking experience soon! I still hope to see something higher and closer to Main Street eventually. This one seems to have a mostly northwestern-facing orientation too, so the views of downtown and the Wasatch won't be dominant.

Quote:
The current design maintains a rooftop bar along 300 West that will contribute to street and skyline activation in accordance with the city design standards and approved design. The refined building massing creates a distinct rooftop element articulated with recessed glazing, expressed columns and a continuous architectural roofline. The roofline terminates at the northwest corner of the building with a long and dramatic cantilever that, along with the glass volume below, announces the entrance to the
development. The distinct roofline will be illuminated with continuous, linear fixtures to maintain its presence and distinct expression on the night skyline while the wood clad soffit will diffuse the lighting
and create a floating effect.

In addition to the rooftop bar, that will activate the northwest corner and create a strong connection with the Vivint Smart Home Arena, the current design will provide street and skyline activation at the opposite southeast corner of the hotel. An outdoor pool deck, with views of the downtown skyline and mountains, will create additional active uses along the future extension of the mid‐block street. In addition to enhancing and connecting the second project phase, the pool deck will be visible and create a strong connection with 200 South.

https://i.imgur.com/Q8Nreo7h.png

June 15th - Construction Updates, Phase I

Photos By Scott Harding

July 1st - Construction Updates, Phase I

Photos By BretUtah

Last edited by delts145; Aug 25, 2021 at 5:30 PM.

Old Posted Jul 3, 2021, 10:54 PM

Central Metro/East - Park City, Canyons Village - The Pendry Residences

Salt Lake City's Eastern Metro Suburbia Resorts. Pictured, Park City

https://www.realestateinparkcity.com...%20Sale.15.jpg

Canyons Village

Live Cam - July, 2021 - https://pendryresidencesparkcity.com...nces/#live-cam
Pendry Residences Park City - New Canyons Village condominiums will be under Montage’s Pendry Hotels

Caroylyn Weber Alder - The Park Record - https://www.parkrecord.com/news/new-...pendry-hotels/

The Pendry Residences Park City is expected to be completed at the Canyons Village in 2021.

Montage International is bringing another resort to Park City.

Pendry Residences Park City, a luxury condominium development, is set to go up at the base of the Canyons Village side of Park City Mountain Resort. Construction is set to start in the summer with a completion goal of winter 2021.
Buyers are expected to start reserving rooms in February.

The condominiums will be managed under Montage International's new Pendry brand, which has locations in San Diego and Baltimore. The developer for the project, Brian Shirken, is president of the national real estate development and
investment company Columbus Pacific, which has worked on such Park City projects as the highly debated commercial and event space on Main Street at the former site of the Kimball Arts Center and Apex Residences in Canyons Village.
Montage International also owns and operates Montage Deer Valley.

Pendry Residences is expected to cover 200,000 square feet in the center of Canyons Village, wedged between the Hyatt Centric Park City, Sunrise Lodge by Hilton Grand Vacations and Sundial Lodge. There is expected to be 40,000 square
feet of retail space on the plaza level. The lot is currently used as a parking lot...

...The development is set to include 150 condominium units, which range from studios to four-bedroom penthouses, Shirken said. He expects that the majority of the owners — who will likely be second-home owners — will be placing their
units into the rental pool, which Pendry will help manage.

Pendry Residences are also set to have five restaurants, multiple retail shops, a rooftop pool, a spa, a kid's club, a recreation room and some bars, including one in a yurt. A large convention space will be available for conferences. Shirken
hopes the amenities attract visitors from neighboring hotels as well as locals.

"We're trying to create a variety of retailers and restaurants that will be exciting and interesting for the residents of Park City," he said.

Utah Business - https://www.utahbusiness.com/pendry-park-city-3/

Park City— The Pendry Park City, slated to open in 2021 in the heart of the revitalized Canyons Village. Designed by SB Architects, IBI Group, and SFA Design, the ski-in, lift-out resort and residences will bring a new level of luxury to the destination.

Bringing in artistic influence, thoughtful service and inspired design to Canyons Village, Pendry Park City will serve as a destination within a destination. The luxury resort will feature 152 guestrooms, suites, and Pendry Residences ranging in size from 446-square-foot studios starting at $395,000 to spacious 2,600-square-foot four-bedroom penthouse residences up to $3.65 million. Upon opening, the resort will have the only rooftop pool and bar in the area, as well as an inspired Japanese-American restaurant that will offer mountain fare, steaks, and chops, along with authentic Japanese sushi and ramen. Guests and residential owners will also have access to a rec room with relaxed American cuisine and arcade games, as well as Spa Pendry with eight treatment rooms; a fitness center; Pinwheel Kids Club and more than 7,000 square feet of indoor meeting space, including a 4,000-square-foot ballroom.

“We are excited to usher in a new era of hospitality and expand the Montage International presence in Park City,” said Michael Fuerstman, co-founder and creative director, Pendry Hotels & Resorts. “Pendry Park City is poised to offer visitors and residents a vibrant gathering place, a unique destination for outdoor pursuits, culinary journeys and cultural exploration.”

“Pendry Park City Canyons Village will add to a dynamic scene for the destination,” says Brian Shirken, president, Columbus Pacific. “With our strategic location, superior amenities and unparalleled experiences, Pendry Park City is perfectly positioned to propel Canyons Village into its next generation.”

At the forefront of the larger upper Canyons Village master plan and only 35 minutes from Salt Lake City International Airport, Pendry Park City will become the social hub of Canyons Village at its debut.

Last edited by delts145; Aug 6, 2021 at 12:43 PM.

Old Posted Jul 4, 2021, 11:04 AM

Update, Central Metro - Little Cottonwood Canyon Transportation Upgrades

https://littlecottonwoodeis.udot.utah.gov/draft-eis/

... June 25th - UDOT has identified two preferred alternatives in the Little Cottonwood Canyon Draft EIS: the Enhanced Bus Service in Peak-Period Shoulder Lane,
and the Gondola Alternative B (base station from La Caille)

...Based on the technical analysis conducted by the project team and the cooperating agency peer review of the analysis, UDOT has identified the Enhanced Bus Service in Peak-Period Shoulder
Lane and Gondola Alternative B (base station from La Caille) as the two preferred alternatives in the Draft EIS. These alternatives were selected as they best meet the project purpose and need while
considering environmental impacts in comparison to the other three alternatives - Enhanced Bus Service, Gondola A (from LCC park-and-ride) and Cog Rail (from La Caille)...

Salt Lake City's Urban Canyons Interface - Sunset, Late Fall - Little Cottonwood Canyon

It’s cheaper than a train, more expensive than a bus. Is it the solution to canyon gridlock?

By Katie McKellar - ...Picture looking out a window from a cable car suspended high above Little Cottonwood Canyon, framed by the Wasatch Mountains. It glides along over 8 miles of cable, all the way toward the top of the canyon, with a stop first at Snowbird ski resort, then at Alta. The ride is about 30 to 40 minutes, depending on your destination.

It’s a snow day — with canyon roads closed for avalanche control. While drivers wait for the canyon road to reopen, you’re sitting and waiting with more than a dozen others clad in snow gear, skis in hand, ready to step out to the ski resort. Then the slopes.

It’s a gondola system so large, it’s the first of its kind in Utah. Think Snowbird’s Ariel Tram — but cables five times as long and with 30 seated gondolas. Think way bigger — like the gondolas in Switzerland or Austria...

...It’s competing with at least two other options to tackle a problem that’s troubled Metro Salt Lake City’s Wasatch mountains for more than 30 years — but made much worse by the sheer amount of people that head to those mountains for the “greatest snow on earth.”

It’s up against a train — or a cog railway — or enhanced bus service with avalanche sheds. All three solutions have their supporters and their detractors, whether it’s because of environmental impact, cost, or debate around whether they’d actually help the traffic problems or just enable more and more people to crowd up through the canyon and onto the mountains.

Even though Govenor Cox said he’s “leaning” toward a gondola, that doesn’t mean the decision’s been made. He was quick to add that the public process needs to play out first — including the work of the Central Wasatch Commission and a separate study underway by the Utah Department of Transportation — before picking a solution. “Ultimately,” he said, “this is a decision that we’ll be making in conjunction with the Legislature because it’s a really big one.”...

Photo of traffic congestion at the mouth of Little Cottonwood Canyon. Because traffic on a powder day up to Alta Ski Area and Snowbird equates to living hell, one of the proposed solutions to mitigate traffic in Little Cottonwood Canyon has captured Utah’s Governor Spencer Cox’s attention.

Buses, gondola or train?

So far, the work to improve the path to Snowbird and Alta’s world-class skiing in Little Cottonwood Canyon and overall access to the Wasatch mountains is focused on the following alternatives, many with big price tags.

- Enhanced bus service with no road widening (with 24 buses at six buses per hour to each resort) would cost $334 million to put into place and $10.3 million in annual winter operation costs, according to according to UDOT’s environmental impact study. Widening the road as well would bring the upfront costs to $481 million.

Explaining an early preference toward a gondola, it would be “cheaper than the train solution, but more expensive than the bus solution.”

...It would be more “weather immune.” Snowstorms as well as avalanches and avalanche control add to traffic jams in the canyons, pushing traffic into neighborhoods as skiers line up in their cars and wait for the roads to open.

“The way the gondola works, we wouldn’t have to worry about that...

... A 30-gondola base station at the mouth of Little Cottonwood Canyon with bus service from two hubs would cost an estimated $576 million plus about $8.3 million to operate, UDOT estimated. A gondola with a base station built east of the La Caille restaurant at 9565 S. Wasatch Blvd, which would also have 30 cars, would cost an estimated $576 million to build and $6.9 million to operate.

- A cog rail with four train cars — with a station also based near the La Caille restaurant — would cost an estimated $1.05 billion and $6.3 million to operate, according to UDOT estimates...

...a gondola could also enhance canyon recreation in the summer months as it could become a “tourist attraction in and of itself.”

“Just the ability to move people at such a high rate of speed and get people up and down very quickly — it’s much more efficient than the bus system would be. And it also has the support of the partners and the ski resorts. There’s a willingness there for them to participate on the private side to reduce the cost to taxpayers, so there’s an opportunity to bring those costs down as they pay for some of that as well.”...

...Dave Fields, president and general manager of Snowbird, said the gondola is the “solution that truly checks all of the boxes.”

“It’s the safest and most economical and efficient way to move people in the mountains,” Fields said. “I’ve spent my whole life coming up and down this canyon, and really the problem has not changed in decades. ... The problem is not being helped by having more vehicles on the road. We need to look at different ideas that work in all weather conditions and take cars off the highways.”

Asked whether a gondola would only bring more people up the canyons if it wasn’t paired with some sort of disincentive to get people off the road, Fields said he’s been supportive of a toll on the canyon road.

“We think tolling may end up being an important part of the equation,” he said.

The La Caille gondola has especially garnered support of ski industry stakeholders, including Snowbird, Alta, Ski Utah and other organizations. They’ve created a website called Gondolaworks.com, which lobbies for the La Caille base station gondola as a more environmentally friendly alternative to a train and one that would not be impacted by canyon closures for avalanche control.

A 3S gondola is pictured in Ischgl, Austria. A similar gondola has been proposed to service skiers in Little Cottonwood Canyon, with a base station at either the park-and-ride at the mouth of Little Cottonwood Canyon or a base station east of the La Caille restaurant at 9565 S. Wasatch Blvd., in Sandy It’s one of five proposals included as viable options for transportation solutions in Little Cottonwood Canyon, according to a Utah Department of Transportation environmental impact study. Dave Fields, Snowbird.

A rendering shows a gondola base station proposed to be built east of the La Caille restaurant at 9565 S. Wasatch Blvd., in Sandy, It’s one of five proposals included as viable options for transportation solutions in Little Cottonwood Canyon, according to a Utah Department of Transportation environmental impact study. Dave Fields, Snowbird

Last edited by delts145; Aug 12, 2023 at 11:29 AM.

Old Posted Jul 6, 2021, 12:02 PM

Update, North Temple Micro Units

PROJECT OVERVIEW
The North Temple Micro Units are designed for those who are firm believers that “Less is More.” The largest studio apartment is 573 square feet and the smallest (a.k.a.) micro units are 265 square feet. This six-story building is approximately 82,840 sq ft and will house 150 units. The one level parking garage will share space with a future retail tenant. Open space will include a podium level courtyard. This market rate community is scheduled for completion in the fall of 2021.

December 2020

https://www.kier.org/our-work/multi-...e-micro-units/

June 2021

Photos By Kier Construction

Last edited by delts145; Mar 20, 2022 at 1:53 PM.

Old Posted Jul 7, 2021, 11:59 AM

Southern Metro - Utah Valley University School of Business - Under Construction

UVU breaks ground on the future home of Woodbury School of Business

A backhoe and an earthmover are ready to turn ground for the new Scott C. Keller Building at Utah Valley University... The $75 million, 180,000-square-foot building will be the new home of the Woodbury School of Business. UVU

The $75 million, 180,000-square-foot building will house 30 classrooms and 205 offices as well as the Bloomberg Lab, Entrepreneurship Institute, Money Management Resource Center, SmartLab and grand auditorium for large lecture
audiences and special events. Construction is estimated to be completed by late fall 2021 or early 2022.

The building will feature a Student Success Center on its second floor, which will combine placement, tutoring, internships and advisement services in one accessible location.

Classrooms will be outfitted with lecture-capture technology to help students learn remotely. The building will be constructed on the south end of UVU’s Orem campus...The new building is expected to serve up to 12,000 business students
at a time.

According to Utah State Board of Regents documents, the business school has outgrown its current home, which was one of the four original Utah Technical College buildings built in 1979.

“While the 78,000-square-foot facility has been well-maintained over the years, it cannot accommodate the renovations desired to train future business leaders. The masonry building has a post-tensioned cable floor system that cannot
be penetrated to run cables or make infrastructure upgrades,” the document states...

Last edited by delts145; Jul 20, 2021 at 12:50 PM.

Old Posted Jul 7, 2021, 12:06 PM

Downtown Update - Latest Aerial Drone Flyover - The Broadway Cottonwood Apartments

Broadway Apartments - ABIDroneFlight - Site Progress Orbit - June 30th - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGBmdhIe_5g

Renderings, Cottonwood Broadway Apartments

PROJECT DATA
Located on the east side Salt Lake City’s vibrant downtown and iconic buildings like the Salt Lake City Public Library, the Leonardo Museum, and Salt Palace Convention Center, Cottonwood Broadway is well positioned to give residents access
to all that the City has to offer. The Studio PBA project consists of one 7-story building, with units ranging from studios to 2-bedrooms. Residents will have covered parking options located on the first two floors of the building, while the
top 5 floors are reserved for amenities and residential units. The contemporary building design provides sweeping views of the Wasatch Range from the roof top pool and residences, an expansive multi-level fitness center, and other amenity
spaces such as a cyber cafe, mail center, and full service leasing center with conference rooms.

MORE ABOUT THE PROJECT
Client: Cottonwood Residential
Completion: 2021
Units / Density: 256 Units / 148 DU/ACRE
Program: Multi-Family Residential

200 South Street Engagement

https://i0.wp.com/www.buildingsaltla...4%2C1042&ssl=1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLC PopPunk View Post
I walked by there the other day and saw a development company banner up and thought something may be happening soon. That Makes The Birdie, The Exchange, The Broadway,
The Magnolia and the nearly complete Quattro all going up in just a couple blocks of each other.

Plus The Morton is about 1/3 full and Moda Luxe appears to preparing the buildings for demo in the near future. Lots of infill in that area.
Quote:
Originally Posted by delts145 View Post
That's fantastic for downtown density's sake to have so many new feet on the ground. I know what a huge difference it makes having witnessed the seemingly sudden transformation of downtown L.A. these
past ten years. All of the new mid-rise and high-rise residential has transformed downtown Los Angeles from partially dead at night and on weekends to incredibly vibrant and full of activity both days and evenings, especially on weekends.

300 South Street Engagement

Studio PBA for Cottonwood Development - http://www.studiopba.com/cottonwood-broadway-apartments

May 29th

Photo By SLC PopPunk

Last edited by delts145; Jul 20, 2021 at 12:55 PM.

Old Posted Jul 8, 2021, 9:24 AM

Top 15 Downtown Salt Lake City Development Projects

I got bored over the 4th of July weekend and started making this. I noticed a lot of other cities had similar videos for their projects and I felt Salt Lake deserved one as well.

Video Link

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations