HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Calgary > Projects & Construction Updates

Old Posted Mar 7, 2018, 9:29 PM
Fake News

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgarian View Post
Much better than the constant shit fight in here, this thread is completely useless now.
Agreed. I posted a rendering of a potential new project last page and it got no response. Back in the day we would have had multiple insiders giving us info about the project or confirming how realistic it is.

Old Posted Mar 7, 2018, 9:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleK View Post
It's not nearly as bad as the winnipeg thugs in the NHL thread. . .
They are just being cocky because there is something going for them for once. Best to not feed the trolls...

Old Posted Mar 7, 2018, 9:51 PM
Near Generational

I honestly didn't think I did feed them.

The guy asked a rhetorical question and got fed some facts.

Old Posted Mar 7, 2018, 10:16 PM

Quote:
I honestly didn't think I did feed them.

The guy asked a rhetorical question and got fed some facts.
Yeah they are just looking to argue, you answered a question and they didn't like the answer. It's ok, Winnipeg is a shithole so they are latching onto the one positive thing they have right now lol.

Old Posted Mar 7, 2018, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburgatory View Post
About time the Bridgeland C-train station got an upgrade.
That looks like a very expensive building. In a bad market, I give this a less than a 1% chance of actually happening, but there's still a chance

Old Posted Mar 7, 2018, 11:28 PM
Fake News

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Urbanist View Post
That looks like a very expensive building. In a bad market, I give this a less than a 1% chance of actually happening, but there's still a chance

Old Posted Mar 8, 2018, 1:31 AM
Go Tall or Go Home

Quote:
I read the whole exchange and couldn't beleive how they misinterpreted your posts as an attack on Winnipeg.
Anyway - I thought you handled yourself very well DoubleK.

Old Posted Mar 8, 2018, 3:05 AM

Quote:
Winnipeg fans as good as they are seem like rookies to me. Many of them aren't old enough to experience the numerous ups and downs in the NHL. For the for time ever their team looks good and now they're acting like Stanley Cup champs. I hope they lose out in the first round.....a little lesson wouldn't hurt them.

Old Posted Mar 8, 2018, 3:16 AM
Reach for the heavens

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-tacular View Post
Agreed. I posted a rendering of a potential new project last page and it got no response. Back in the day we would have had multiple insiders giving us info about the project or confirming how realistic it is.
The reason nobody commented was because it was so obviously not a real rendering, I thought it was posted to provide some levity or something. No offence but you seriously didn’t think that was real did you?

Old Posted Mar 8, 2018, 3:17 AM
Reach for the heavens

Winnipeg fans as good as they are seem like rookies to me. Many of them aren't old enough to experience the numerous ups and downs in the NHL. For the for time ever their team looks good and now they're acting like Stanley Cup champs. I hope they lose out in the first round.....a little lesson wouldn't hurt them.

Last edited by BlaineN; Mar 8, 2018 at 4:26 AM.

Old Posted Mar 8, 2018, 4:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveP View Post
That’s exactly how I’d put it too. It’s ironic because as a leaf fan I’m used to years of losing and disappointment and now that the Leafs have a good young promising team I’m not out there bragging about them all the time and I notice a lot of other leaf fans aren’t either, even though I easily could do so. Too much disappointment over the years I guess.

What's ironic is that the media especially Hockey night in Canada was always played up the Leafs, no matter how bad they were. These days they are a legitimate good young team, and the media hasn't really played them up, which is fine by me (also a Leafs fan). I'd rather they didn't get the credit they deserve, and let them fly under the radar.

Old Posted Mar 8, 2018, 4:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaineN View Post
That’s exactly how I’d put it too. It’s ironic because as a leaf fan I’m used to years of losing and disappointment and now that the Leafs have a good young promising team I’m not out there bragging about them all the time and I notice a lot of other leaf fans aren’t either, even though I easily could do so. Too much disappointment over the years I guess.

What's ironic is that the media especially Hockey night in Canada was always played up the Leafs, no matter how bad they were. These days they are a legitimate good young team, and the media hasn't really played them up, which is fine by me (also a Leafs fan). I'd rather they didn't get the credit they deserve, and let them fly under the radar.
I find that they are even worse in the Leafs boosterism, every time I turn on TSN or Sportsnet they won't shut up about them. Today is one of the first times I've gone to the TSN website and the top 5 stories in the NHL section aren't all Leafs lol.

Old Posted Mar 8, 2018, 4:35 PM

I thought I was the only Leafs fan here lol. Even as a Leafs fan I have to agree about the boosterism on TSN, Sportsnet et al. I don't find it with the Leafs fans though. They aren't half as bad as the Jets or Habs fans. Last year the Oiler fans were unbearable, far worse than any boosterism I've seen for anywhere else. Leafs fans have every right to brag this season, but have been cautious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaineN View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgarian View Post
I find that they are even worse in the Leafs boosterism, every time I turn on TSN or Sportsnet they won't shut up about them. Today is one of the first times I've gone to the TSN website and the top 5 stories in the NHL section aren't all Leafs lol.

Old Posted Mar 8, 2018, 7:06 PM
BANNED

What is the slab of concrete at the bottom of the cancer centre pit?

See:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DXs1D2QVQAAN9EA.jpg

As a general comment, sorry to not be contributing too much actual construction related information to the group, but I do enjoy reading all of the updates from others on the topic (though it is tough to find sometimes).

Last edited by suburbia; Mar 8, 2018 at 7:42 PM.

Old Posted Mar 8, 2018, 8:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveP View Post
The reason nobody commented was because it was so obviously not a real rendering, I thought it was posted to provide some levity or something. No offence but you seriously didn’t think that was real did you?
There wasn't one ounce of me that thought it was a real proposal, I can't imagine anyone else thinking that.

Speaking of which, I found this interesting proposal for Bridgeland.

Old Posted Mar 8, 2018, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suburbia View Post
What is the slab of concrete at the bottom of the cancer centre pit?

See:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DXs1D2QVQAAN9EA.jpg

As a general comment, sorry to not be contributing too much actual construction related information to the group, but I do enjoy reading all of the updates from others on the topic (though it is tough to find sometimes).
This is just a guess but could it have something to do with radiation?

Old Posted Mar 8, 2018, 10:49 PM
Reach for the heavens

Lol. O-tacular’s rendering was a little more realistic than that, but yeah not not a whole lot more.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Grizzly View Post
There wasn't one ounce of me that thought it was a real proposal, I can't imagine anyone else thinking that.

Speaking of which, I found this interesting proposal for Bridgeland.

Old Posted Mar 8, 2018, 10:55 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corndogger View Post
This is just a guess but could it have something to do with radiation?
Hmmm - I don't know about that, but your comment made me think about specialized equipment. Some equipment, particularly large high power imaging equipment, requires their own isolated foundation. Maybe something like that? But then they'd have to isolate that all the way up through six levels of parking.

Old Posted Mar 9, 2018, 12:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by topdog View Post
I thought I was the only Leafs fan here lol. Even as a Leafs fan I have to agree about the boosterism on TSN, Sportsnet et al. I don't find it with the Leafs fans though. They aren't half as bad as the Jets or Habs fans. Last year the Oiler fans were unbearable, far worse than any boosterism I've seen for anywhere else. Leafs fans have every right to brag this season, but have been cautious.
I’m surprised nobody mentioned the Vancouver Canuck fans as the most unbearable. Even though the Canucks are bottom feeders these days, their fans still unbearable.

Old Posted Mar 9, 2018, 12:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suburbia View Post
Hmmm - I don't know about that, but your comment made me think about specialized equipment. Some equipment, particularly large high power imaging equipment, requires their own isolated foundation. Maybe something like that? But then they'd have to isolate that all the way up through six levels of parking.
All bottoms of construction pits have various slabs like that. It’s normal.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Calgary > Projects & Construction Updates