HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Apr 1, 2018, 6:37 PM
THAT Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryc View Post
Great find - but it shows the opposite - garage doors to that frontage area. There is no alley on the West side.
Maybe I am confused but looking at the map it seems very clear that the vacant/green corner of Huron and Dearborn is not part of this development. Whenever something goes up on that lot, it will block the view of the garage doors along the east side of 56 W Huron. That is all I am trying to say.

https://goo.gl/maps/jnnMy9MVDox

Old Posted Apr 1, 2018, 6:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyguy View Post
Maybe I am confused but looking at the map it seems very clear that the vacant/green corner of Huron and Dearborn is not part of this development. Whenever something goes up on that lot, it will block the view of the garage doors along the east side of 56 W Huron. That is all I am trying to say.

The cars will need space to pull directly out of those big doors - most of the space will be asphalt. A daring execution of modern glass condos with a vintage abandoned strip mall feel on the base.

Old Posted Apr 1, 2018, 7:12 PM
The City

^ Even if something small blocks that view it will be enough. A single story structure alone would be enough

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4W...lUKB1w8ED5bV2Q

Old Posted Apr 1, 2018, 7:15 PM

Anyone going to the navy pier area and can get some hotel updates/pictures?

Old Posted Apr 1, 2018, 7:35 PM

360 W Erie

March 27

March 28

Underground parking !

Old Posted Apr 1, 2018, 8:21 PM

Renelle on the River

March 23

At the top

March 30

The Roof.

Old Posted Apr 1, 2018, 8:24 PM

For me Renelle really puts in perspective how massive Trump Tower is

Old Posted Apr 1, 2018, 8:49 PM
Adoptive Chicagoan

Quote:
Originally Posted by marothisu View Post
Is the rendering wrong then? The rendering clearly has the garage facing Dearborn
Quote:
I believe this was already discussed before, but the garage doors face the alley. See floorplan here.

This building is way too thin to creep up to Dearborn. Although I too am curious as to what eventually goes up on the corner and blocks that view.
Quote:
Great find - but it shows the opposite - garage doors to that frontage area. There is no alley on the West side.
Quote:

As someone who lives two short blocks from there and walks by it nearly every day, the building wholy occupies the spot of the church demo'd to make room. Immediately to the east is an existing alley, to remain post-construction. East of the alley is a vacant lot that has been fenced off for the better part of two decades. The illustration implies that that lot will be lightly landscaped, but I wouldn't hold my breath unless someone finds a sales agreement or actual sale between the owners of the condo building and the owner of that corner lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the urban politician View Post
^ Even if something small blocks that view it will be enough. A single story structure alone would be enough
Exactly. It's been a vacant lot for the better part of two decades, but eventually someone will build there and then the ugly garage doors will disappear.
[/SIZE]

Old Posted Apr 1, 2018, 8:56 PM

The Marlowe

March 27

March 28

Old Posted Apr 1, 2018, 9:38 PM

Home2Suites - 110 W Huron

March 28

Old Posted Apr 1, 2018, 10:12 PM

So much infill in River North. Nothing like the West Loop but still ... can't quite keep up.

Old Posted Apr 1, 2018, 11:38 PM

Not an engineering major but could Renelle get topped off BCBS style? I think I'm rolling solo on this but this but in my opinion this should have been built as tall as IBM.

Old Posted Apr 2, 2018, 12:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWillChicago View Post
Not an engineering major but could Renelle get topped off BCBS style? I think I'm rolling solo on this but this but in my opinion this should have been built as tall as IBM.
It's harder in this case because Renelle is only as tall as the parking garage below its foundation is strong, that being said making its foundation beefier is possible but Renelle's structure doesn't look like it could accommodate another 18 floors.

And I think you are rolling solo on that opinion too

Old Posted Apr 2, 2018, 12:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fvn View Post
It's harder in this case because Renelle is only as tall as the parking garage below its foundation is strong, that being said making its foundation beefier is possible but Renelle's structure doesn't look like it could accommodate another 18 floors.

Probaly right. Im just addicted to height.

Old Posted Apr 2, 2018, 2:39 AM
All-American City Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fvn View Post

I'd like to see it taller. It looks out of place being right next to one of the tallest buildings in the world at its current height.
4. Chicago Board of Trade - Chicago - Holabird & Root - Photo
5. Cathedral of Learning - Pittsburgh - Charles Klauder - Photo

Old Posted Apr 2, 2018, 3:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomrQT View Post
I'd like to see it taller. It looks out of place being right next to one of the tallest buildings in the world at its current height.
It could be taller but I don't think it should be as tall as IBM (which was what was mentioned) maybe 25 floors or something like that, which seems like it could have been due-able but at the same time I feel like they developer got as much as they could out of the foundations below

Old Posted Apr 2, 2018, 3:34 AM
My Mind Has Left My Body

I think the height of the Renelle is just fine. RN isn't the Loop, we don't need tall buildings (+500ft) literally right on top of each other.

Much more important is the design at ground level and the cohesiveness the new building will interplay with the Trump/IBM/Wrigley and new building that will come down the pike to its north on the parking lot and hopefully plaza space.

That whole space has the potential to be a wonderful pedestrian experience connecting some of Chicago's best buildings. Instead of a cohesive integrated experience, the latest plans look like complete arse. Granted that fact isn't on the developers of the Renelle but the developers there ideally would start talking to each other and come up with a unified grand vision for the lots between Michigan and Wabash north of the river.

Old Posted Apr 4, 2018, 12:56 AM

Regarding River north and large parking lots... Has anyone heard anything about that large parking lot just west of Michigan avenue that Marcerich has purchased and was proposing an expansion of north bridge with a possible tower on top of it?... I cant believe we haven't heard anything about this site in so long..this site is just as valuable if not more than the Holy name cathedral lot.. its right off Michigan avenue ...I cannot see how anything less than a supertall skyscraper for that lot would be appropriate..just had a feeling from the last time i read about it that developers were very ho hum about it and nothing speculator was referenced or hyped

Old Posted Apr 4, 2018, 3:03 AM

Topped Out ?

Article from ChicagoMag

Have Oak Park and Evanston Topped Out?

The two nearby suburbs have been adding mid-rise luxury condo developments near the “L”. But how tall and dense are residents going to let them get?
BY AJ LATRACE

Old Posted Apr 4, 2018, 3:18 AM

Quote:
Article from ChicagoMag

Have Oak Park and Evanston Topped Out?

The two nearby suburbs have been adding mid-rise luxury condo developments near the “L”. But how tall and dense are residents going to let them get?
BY AJ LATRACE
Speaking of Oak Park, has Albion Oak Park started construction yet?

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations