HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Mar 11, 2022, 5:05 PM

To the Poster who likes to Destroys Regina with all his nasty Doesn’t have a clue about anything he spews the lips of poo out of his mouth , I really don’t understand why they couldn’t build this in the park there was already a building there for the blind they can’t see past there own Political agendas like big deal there’s a building there already they were going to build a new building for the blind it could’ve been the best thing ever know that lands gonna sit empty for nothing just growing with weeds Forever nobody even walks on that land there could’ve been a nice new headquarters there and a nice new building for the blind Brandt doing the whole city of favour , The invest hundreds of millions of dollars in the city and get pissed on by a few negative Nellies and Ken’s

Old Posted Mar 11, 2022, 6:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yveseluj View Post
Build that in the park with a seasonal shop selling burgers, ice cream, etc.
Yes!!!

Old Posted Mar 11, 2022, 6:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djforsberg View Post
I appreciate the suggestion but this is exactly why I will not stop. I welcome anyone to call me out if I am saying factually anything wrong but I try to stick to the facts and will always call out power for trying to influence our community and the developments here in an exploitative way. You literally cannot separate politics from construction, anyway, because we do not live in a 100% free market (which is a good thing). I will keep trying to do better about the name calling though. I will be the first one to say they are not perfect
We're all good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by one_brick_at_a_time View Post
The previous CNIB design from 2014 by the Number 10 Architectural Group fit better into the park landscape. Wish this proposal could be brought back.

This was a great design with a similar footprint to the old structure. I had no issues with this and it's too bad it turned into such a cluster. This would have been a welcome addition to that part of the park while still serving the people who need CNIB services.

Speaking of stuff in the park, I can't remember when the Floral Conservatory was supposed to start on their new building in Wascana. It's cold winter days with a small kid at home like today that make me wish there was something else close by; I can only go take him to the museum so many times.

Old Posted Mar 11, 2022, 6:32 PM

Now they can take there sippie cups to the park Along with there lawn chairs and sit in the weeds

Old Posted Mar 11, 2022, 7:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The mayor View Post
Now they can take there sippie cups to the park Along with there lawn chairs and sit in the weeds
I mean, there's a big difference between a multi-story office building with 77,000 sq ft of office space with multiple tenants and a single-story, single occupant, purpose-built structure. And it's completely acceptable to like one option and strongly oppose the other.

And you realize that visually impaired people can drink from actual cups, right? They're not all kids under 3...

Old Posted Mar 11, 2022, 7:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMB14 View Post
I mean, there's a big difference between a multi-story office building with 77,000 sq ft of office space with multiple tenants and a single-story, single occupant, purpose-built structure. And it's completely acceptable to like one option and strongly oppose the other.

And you realize that visually impaired people can drink from actual cups, right? They're not all kids under 3...
77.000 square feet on four levels is not big , also I love the new office on college avenue on the park it looks so beautiful and fits in quite nice , the same could happened with Brandt

Old Posted Mar 12, 2022, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMB14 View Post

Multiple retail tenants that would not fit with the stated criteria. CNIB was grandfathered in as non-conforming. I suspect Brandt would've leased a Tim Hortons in it and that would have been the end of Wascana Park with TH garbage everywhere.

Old Posted Mar 13, 2022, 6:44 AM
Regina rhymes with fun!

Quote:
To the Poster who likes to Destroys Regina with all his nasty Doesn’t have a clue about anything he spews the lips of poo out of his mouth , I really don’t understand why they couldn’t build this in the park there was already a building there for the blind they can’t see past there own Political agendas like big deal there’s a building there already they were going to build a new building for the blind it could’ve been the best thing ever know that lands gonna sit empty for nothing just growing with weeds Forever nobody even walks on that land there could’ve been a nice new headquarters there and a nice new building for the blind Brandt doing the whole city of favour , The invest hundreds of millions of dollars in the city and get pissed on by a few negative Nellies and Ken’s
Well aren't you a beacon of reasonable debate and discussion. /s

Old Posted Mar 13, 2022, 4:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacktrojan3921 View Post
Well aren't you a beacon of reasonable debate and discussion. /s
Whenever I disagree with someone I'm going to start telling them to stop spewing lips of poo out of their mouth. lol

Old Posted Mar 13, 2022, 7:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappcam View Post
Whenever I disagree with someone I'm going to start telling them to stop spewing lips of poo out of their mouth. lol
Lol your a smart person

Old Posted Mar 14, 2022, 2:58 AM
Regina rhymes with fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappcam View Post
And saying that a critic wants the city to be destroyed is better, how, exactly?

Then again, considering your comment I suspect you really don't give a crap about the city and are just being a troll to get a rise out of everyone.

In anycase, it's good that this project is being scrapped. If they want to build it, go through the proper procedure instead of bribing a provincial party leader and municipal politicians through campaign funds to get what they want no questions asked.

Old Posted Mar 14, 2022, 2:19 PM

Quote:
And saying that a critic wants the city to be destroyed is better, how, exactly?

Then again, considering your comment I suspect you really don't give a crap about the city and are just being a troll to get a rise out of everyone.

In anycase, it's good that this project is being scrapped. If they want to build it, go through the proper procedure instead of bribing a provincial party leader and municipal politicians through campaign funds to get what they want no questions asked.
I agree with companies having to go through proper procedures. But this owner seems to have taken this personally and I wouldn't be surprised to see the new head office with over 1,000 full time good paying jobs, built in Calgary now (just in spite).

Old Posted Mar 14, 2022, 2:26 PM

Quote:

Did you quote the wrong person? I never said any of that?

This place is weird.

Old Posted Mar 14, 2022, 9:52 PM

Quote:
I think this particular owner is just having a hissy fit over their inability to buy their way into Wascana Park and nothing will actually change as far as the company's long term strategy goes. Plus if they actually want a new arena, as I said before, they need us more than we need them. We live in the breadbasket of the world. If it wasn't Brandt here, another company would have filled the void. They aren't special at all.
FYI by far Brandt's largest business is industrial equipment dealerships rather than ag. Also only a fraction of their business is in SK. They have a very large head office that could easily be relocated.

Old Posted Mar 14, 2022, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Well, considering how I heard they treat their employees, if this is what they actually think, aka their employees can be easily replaced, then good riddance. Either way, office jobs like that now have to compete for employees outside of a geographic region anyway, with hybrid or fully-remote work becoming the new reality of what employees will expect going forward (its very hard to take benefits away from people without it resulting in productivity dips).
Now The truth comes out your a former are currently Disgruntled employee why else would you be so nasty

Old Posted Mar 15, 2022, 4:10 AM

Quote:
Now The truth comes out your a former are currently Disgruntled employee why else would you be so nasty
Very true.

Old Posted Mar 15, 2022, 4:26 AM

Quote:
Lol, nope. I’m nasty because of the whole Wascana Park debacle and I hate anyone who uses their power to advantage themselves over others. Are you not paying attention?
To be fair, the goverment did kind of screw them over. They were promised the moon and only got half of it!

Old Posted Mar 15, 2022, 4:36 PM

I want the Rose Street proposal to come back and then all of this can be resolved. It was so shiny and pretty!

Old Posted Mar 15, 2022, 5:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by one_brick_at_a_time View Post
I want the Rose Street proposal to come back and then all of this can be resolved. It was so shiny and pretty!

Build the new Brandt arena underneath the Brandt tower.

Old Posted Mar 15, 2022, 7:49 PM

Quote:
Hell ya. Will be interesting to see what the demand for office space is as things stabilize. Regina should really be an innovation center for agriculture technology and financing. Tech in general is what will be leading growth in our country’s economy and I really hope we don’t get left behind because of shortsighted political decisions like focusing too much on traditional industries.
What I find interesting is that there wasn't a lack of office space or seemingly huge demand for new downtown office space when the construction of the River Landing office towers took place in Saskatoon. Yet when the office towers were built, they filled very quickly, as tenants were motivated by what was termed "flight to quality", as the new digs were substantially nicer than the existing offerings in downtown Saskatoon.

Now the situation is somewhat different in Regina with Harvard's offering of (generally) modern office space. However, one still wonders if a developer was to take the "If we build it, they will come" attitude, would the same "flight to quality" occur in Regina?

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan