HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Metro Vancouver & the Fraser Valley

Old Posted Aug 22, 2023, 5:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH77 View Post
I’ll give OP the benefit of the doubt on this one with the assumption that I think the non market units don’t pay the same amount of strata (wrt to sq footage), hence they have their own amenities and common ways. As far as sharing an entrance, who cares ������������♂️
The non-market entrance is in the SW corner, so they come out next to the new quiet public plaza. The condo tower entrance comes out on Carnarvon Street.

If the new rooftop amenity for the PAL 'tower' is anything like their Coal Harbour building, the condo residents in the tower will be complaining that their amenity isn't nearly as attractive as the non-market rooftop garden. It was featured in the Sun's gardening column.

[Vancouver Sun]

Old Posted Aug 22, 2023, 6:23 PM

On another note, more balcony glass has been installed and I saw forms out front for the concrete work yesterday. Looks like some progress is being made! The brickwork is almost complete on level 2-3 as well. Fingers crossed the rest goes quick!

Old Posted Aug 22, 2023, 7:40 PM

Quote:
I’ll give OP the benefit of the doubt on this one with the assumption that I think the non market units don’t pay the same amount of strata (wrt to sq footage), hence they have their own amenities and common ways. As far as sharing an entrance, who cares 🤷🏽♂️
Thank you for your open-minded pov. I was pretty much expecting what was presented/ promised about access to amenities will be delivered. I personally don't think having a few more people using the main entrance will cause any more wear & tear but for sure there will be ok/not ok/ neutral on that idea.

Old Posted Aug 23, 2023, 2:46 AM
Wiseguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Changing City View Post
The non-market entrance is in the SW corner, so they come out next to the new quiet public plaza. The condo tower entrance comes out on Carnarvon Street.
Yea I do recall seeing separate entrances when I last visited the site, and that does match what I've been told when purchasing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Changing City View Post
If the new rooftop amenity for the PAL 'tower' is anything like their Coal Harbour building, the condo residents in the tower will be complaining that their amenity isn't nearly as attractive as the non-market rooftop garden. It was featured in the Sun's gardening column.
I'd personally be more concerned of wear/tear and usage. I'm on the side of a more capitalistic approach in the sense that residents shouldn't be paying different fees/prices (I guess ratio wise) to access the same facilities/amenities they orignally purchased.

Old Posted Aug 23, 2023, 2:47 AM
Wiseguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vancity.resident View Post
On another note, more balcony glass has been installed and I saw forms out front for the concrete work yesterday. Looks like some progress is being made! The brickwork is almost complete on level 2-3 as well. Fingers crossed the rest goes quick!
This is great to hear! Will probably do a site visit myself soon.

Old Posted Aug 24, 2023, 9:20 PM

The sales at the presentation center did say there is a non market housing component and it is for artists. A number of new developments have these non market housing so developer can get increased density.

Old Posted Aug 31, 2023, 11:04 PM

Syncra made a post to LinkedIn earlier last week saying exterior works, landscaping and sidewalks scheduled to be completed by end of the month (August), went by site this morning on my way to work and exterior works, landscaping and sidewalks are all indeed not finished

Old Posted Sep 1, 2023, 3:15 AM
Wiseguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshmaxlo View Post
Syncra made a post to LinkedIn earlier last week saying exterior works, landscaping and sidewalks scheduled to be completed by end of the month (August), went by site this morning on my way to work and exterior works, landscaping and sidewalks are all indeed not finished
Yea... definitely expected that. Also hearing rumors of mid-October for final completion...

Old Posted Sep 7, 2023, 4:40 AM

Quote:
Yea... definitely expected that. Also hearing rumors of mid-October for final completion...
Not surprised to hear you say mid-Oct. I visited the site today and they’re still missing a lot of elements. Canopy glass is missing out front of both towers, forming is still incomplete for the plaza and the commercial units. Glazing is missing for the lobby area and is currently boarded up. Not to mention a few balconies are still completely missing all glass on the main tower with many missing dividers, and quite a few are missing on the rental tower including at ground level in the back by the parkades. There is also work that needs to be done to connect the back lane pavement with the parkades. I’d be surprised if it’s ready in less than a month at this pace.

Would love to hear what the sales team is telling everyone! So much for the late 2021, early 2022 sales pitch when we purchased.

Old Posted Sep 7, 2023, 8:49 PM

Quote:
Not surprised to hear you say mid-Oct. I visited the site today and they’re still missing a lot of elements. Canopy glass is missing out front of both towers, forming is still incomplete for the plaza and the commercial units. Glazing is missing for the lobby area and is currently boarded up. Not to mention a few balconies are still completely missing all glass on the main tower with many missing dividers, and quite a few are missing on the rental tower including at ground level in the back by the parkades. There is also work that needs to be done to connect the back lane pavement with the parkades. I’d be surprised if it’s ready in less than a month at this pace.

Would love to hear what the sales team is telling everyone! So much for the late 2021, early 2022 sales pitch when we purchased.
Our realtor followed up with the sales team yesterday, sales team made the excuse yet again that they've completed everything for OP and are "waiting on the city for OP which can come any day!". I've never seen a city give OP when sidewalks, canopy glass (as you mentioned) aren't complete. Just a complete joke at this point with no accountability.

Old Posted Sep 8, 2023, 5:00 PM

Document everything and take photos in case you need it. Lawyers are likely the only route to change anything and you have to ask yourself if it is worth the trouble and expense vs. what you might get.

Old Posted Sep 13, 2023, 7:14 AM
Wiseguy

On a side note, does anyone know if we have actual storage lockers? I know my specific agreement mentions a dedicated "bike locker", but nothing specific to "storage". My realtor tells me this "bike locker" is actually a storage locker and developers are known interchange that term, however I'm still a bit skeptical.

Old Posted Sep 13, 2023, 5:25 PM

Quote:
On a side note, does anyone know if we have actual storage lockers? I know my specific agreement mentions a dedicated "bike locker", but nothing specific to "storage". My realtor tells me this "bike locker" is actually a storage locker and developers are known interchange that term, however I'm still a bit skeptical.
Ours reads the same and I'm nervous too. They are so small in terms of dimensions. I'm curious what it ends up being and if they offer other bike rooms in addition to the storage/bike lockers.

Old Posted Sep 13, 2023, 6:32 PM

Quote:
Ours reads the same and I'm nervous too. They are so small in terms of dimensions. I'm curious what it ends up being and if they offer other bike rooms in addition to the storage/bike lockers.
They said under 6.7 Resident must only store bicycles and tricycles in bicycle storage. I believe the 2 & 3 bed units have the "real" storage in addition to bicycle storage. I think it will be up to the strata/ council to allow what we can store in there. My friend had the same situation at the MET, Metrotown. After a few years of moving in, his strata agreed to relax the bicycle storage rules. I do really hope they will allow us to store more than just bicycles.

Old Posted Sep 13, 2023, 10:08 PM
Wiseguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanbc48 View Post
They said under 6.7 Resident must only store bicycles and tricycles in bicycle storage. I believe the 2 & 3 bed units have the "real" storage in addition to bicycle storage. I think it will be up to the strata/ council to allow what we can store in there. My friend had the same situation at the MET, Metrotown. After a few years of moving in, his strata agreed to relax the bicycle storage rules. I do really hope they will allow us to store more than just bicycles.
Ah that sucks... was hoping and under the impression this entire time we had storage lockers, oh well

Old Posted Sep 13, 2023, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Ah that sucks... was hoping and under the impression this entire time we had storage lockers, oh well
Storage lockers are worth their weight in gold. I'd advise you to buy one if available from the developer.

Old Posted Sep 15, 2023, 4:12 PM

Quote:
From the looks of the early drawings there are only bike lockers (so I think those are the storage lockers)?

Here are the early plans that were submitted to the city... they take a few minutes to load on your desktop as its over 800 pages (it won't load on your phone... I tried haha). But the storage units are around page 411.

https://pub-newwestcity.escribemeeti...ocumentId=2853

Old Posted Sep 15, 2023, 8:52 PM

Anyone taking the developer up on their option to 'close in escrow'? Im certainly not... sidewalks and canopy glass still unfinished and they're aiming for occupancy September 29th? hmm....

Old Posted Sep 15, 2023, 9:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshmaxlo View Post
Anyone taking the developer up on their option to 'close in escrow'? Im certainly not... sidewalks and canopy glass still unfinished and they're aiming for occupancy September 29th? hmm....
Considered it! But it seems uncommon here in BC. I think there is a lot of liability on the homeowner at that point (it needs to be fully insured as you take on the risk). I personally want to see the final product with deficiencies fixed before completing. They were charging for it too even though they're the ones behind on completion. Unbelievable.

Last edited by Vancity.resident; Sep 15, 2023 at 9:32 PM.

Old Posted Sep 15, 2023, 11:50 PM
Wiseguy

Quote:
Considered it! But it seems uncommon here in BC. I think there is a lot of liability on the homeowner at that point (it needs to be fully insured as you take on the risk). I personally want to see the final product with deficiencies fixed before completing. They were charging for it too even though they're the ones behind on completion. Unbelievable.
Yes I actually had to close in escrow recently as my rate was expiring in the first week of September. Renewing at todays rate would’ve costed me over 20K in interest over the term. Does feel weird having a mortgage already locked and payment coming soon even though I don’t have the keys to the damn place

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Metro Vancouver & the Fraser Valley