HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Downtown & City of Vancouver

Old Posted Feb 6, 2019, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpongeG View Post
I think they meant Locals as in HK locals. At least that's how I read it.
No, they said people from Vancouver (though they may not look local local if you mean what I'm saying) since I asked if she meant local as in HK

However, all my realtor friends in Vancouver said none of their clients were interested once they saw the pricing.

Someone from Rennie said "only stupid people would pay those prices" (actual quote) which I agree

SPH 04+05 is priced at 8.8m which is only 2100 square feet with an extremely poor plan

If you take a look at an 02 unit which is the most desired unit at 3HG priced at 10.5m (which on its own looks ridiculous) which is 2600 sq ft with unobstructed views, it doesn't look so ridiculous once compared to the pricing at oakridge

Last edited by bb1510; Feb 6, 2019 at 10:18 PM. Reason: 8.8m not 8.2m

Old Posted Feb 6, 2019, 10:20 PM

Old Posted Feb 6, 2019, 11:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Changing City View Post
The next Development Permit has been submitted for three towers along Cambie Street.
Thanks!

Really matches the 41st Ave side.

I'm now wondering if the podium is creating too much of a streetwall "barrier" (i.e. compared to Brentwood).
The corner at 45th Ave. doesn't look as inviting as I expected since the park entrance is farther to the west on 45th.

https://development.vancouver.ca/5931cambie/index.htm

http://www.vancouvermarket.ca/2019/0...ers-615-units/

Last edited by officedweller; Feb 7, 2019 at 7:10 AM.

Old Posted Feb 6, 2019, 11:58 PM

those houses across the street are all fenced up now, anyone knows what's going to replace them? hopefully, something that competes with the monstrosity across the street

Old Posted Feb 7, 2019, 12:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpongeG View Post
those houses across the street are all fenced up now, anyone knows what's going to replace them? hopefully, something that competes with the monstrosity across the street
Which houses, which street? Based on most of the signs on Cambie, I'm going to guess "townhomes."

Old Posted Feb 7, 2019, 12:14 AM

Cambie street. East across from Oakridge. Even some of the stuff they are putting up on 41st would be better than more townhouses or whats going up around Cambie and 33rd area

Old Posted Feb 7, 2019, 5:38 AM
vanboy1963

the price looks so stupid. many realtors cheating their clients just for the super high commission. so sad. ugly industry.

Old Posted Feb 7, 2019, 6:06 AM

That park is completely surrounded by towers. I can't see too many non-residents going in there. Maybe buyers see that massive park as being private and that's part of the reason people are willing to pay through the roof prices. The renders make it look like an exclusive paradise.

Old Posted Feb 7, 2019, 6:52 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by naota2018 View Post
the price looks so stupid. many realtors cheating their clients just for the super high commission. so sad. ugly industry.
Generally development realtors for big developers are on salary. Don’t blame the player blame the game is a good expression.

Old Posted Feb 7, 2019, 7:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by logan5 View Post
That park is completely surrounded by towers. I can't see too many non-residents going in there. Maybe buyers see that massive park as being private and that's part of the reason people are willing to pay through the roof prices. The renders make it look like an exclusive paradise.
as much as it will be a "public" park, it for sure feels like a private park. sure, anyone can go there, but looks designed to make you enter the development to gain access.

it has the potential of being a nice park though since it wont be Parks Board maintained, that means if there is a good agreement on maintenance, the city can hold them accountable for penny pinching and cutting back on upkeep.

Old Posted Feb 8, 2019, 1:49 AM
Reason and Freedom

Some higher-quality renderings of phase two from Vancouvermarket.ca:

Last edited by Prometheus; Feb 8, 2019 at 2:58 AM.

Old Posted Feb 8, 2019, 2:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VancouverOfTheFuture View Post
as much as it will be a "public" park, it for sure feels like a private park. sure, anyone can go there, but looks designed to make you enter the development to gain access.

it has the potential of being a nice park though since it wont be Parks Board maintained, that means if there is a good agreement on maintenance, the city can hold them accountable for penny pinching and cutting back on upkeep.
Depends on where you're standing; there's walkway-ramps at the NW and SE corners, and probably plenty of "Rooftop =>" signs inside the mall leading to the appropriate elevator/escalator.

Old Posted Feb 8, 2019, 3:30 AM

Still, how comfortable are non residents going to be going to that park if they are surrounded by multi million dollar condos. And how functional is that park anyways? Although a huge space, there doesn't look like a lot of open space for people to do much. Personally, I hope a camp city takes root there.

Old Posted Feb 8, 2019, 3:40 AM

From City Hall's website:

Looks pretty functional to me. It's just that the zoomed-out perspective makes the greenspaces look smaller.

Old Posted Feb 8, 2019, 3:51 AM

Quote:
Still, how comfortable are non residents going to be going to that park if they are surrounded by multi million dollar condos. And how functional is that park anyways? Although a huge space, there doesn't look like a lot of open space for people to do much. Personally, I hope a camp city takes root there.
I will have no problem going there.

My favorite places in big cities are such public places.

I actually love the bamboo staircase next to Shanghai-La to just hang and relax (I know it is not a park but as long as you are t being a dick I have never had a problem).

I also love spending time in the Chinese gardens in Chinatown, and it is walled!

Old Posted Feb 8, 2019, 4:01 AM

Quote:
How does the condos being multi million dollars make the park less comfortable?

Old Posted Feb 8, 2019, 4:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro-One View Post
I will have no problem going there.

My favorite places in big cities are such public places.

I actually love the bamboo staircase next to Shanghai-La to just hang and relax (I know it is not a park but as long as you are t being a dick I have never had a problem).

I also love spending time in the Chinese gardens in Chinatown, and it is walled!
Where can you find another park like this?

Let us know how it goes. It will be a park experience like no other.

Old Posted Feb 8, 2019, 4:18 AM

Quote:

I would honestly say that any of the parks along the Waterfront / Coal Harbour area from the Convention Centre to Stanley Park are very similar in the context you seem to be concerned with.

Old Posted Feb 8, 2019, 4:26 AM

Quote:

If you specifically want large rooftop parks, then Google Sacramento, Melbourne, Hong Kong, Singapore, practically every city in Japan. It's about time we joined the club.

Old Posted Feb 8, 2019, 4:31 AM

I've worked and am transiting around the area regularly I truly am looking forward to the park space opening. I am especially excited to slide down the huge slide and going to the new library in the neighbourhood. There is a number of different types of environment they plan to create in the new park and I think this will be great. There currently is mostly concrete and pavement in this space so a lush green space with lots of trees, paths, and other public art pieces will be a great addition. This space will also make for a great view point of Metro towns continued skyline development.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Downtown & City of Vancouver