HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Old Posted Oct 10, 2017, 4:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramako View Post
Man this forum has some of the most sensitive posters I've ever seen, from all over the country. You can't dare do anything but heap praise on every project without being personally attacked, labelled a troll or having it turned into a city vs. city debate. So WhipperSnapper has a different set of architectural and urban realm standards. He's entitled to his opinion without being repeatedly piled on. The fanboy culture here is out of control.
A different opinion is a good thing, criticizing everything and everyone all the time is completely different, and that's what Whippersnapper does. Anyway, I've moved on from this stupidity, on with construction photos!

Old Posted Oct 10, 2017, 4:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralLeeTPHLS View Post
Yesterday (Arguing...hm?):
3. CIBC Square I (Toronto): 238.5m / 783ft
[IMG]TJ084809 by Josh Kenn Photographics, on Flickr[/IMG]
5. Ten York (Toronto): 224m / 735ft
[IMG][IMG]TJ084772 by Josh Kenn Photographics, on Flickr[/IMG][/IMG]
9. 88 Scott (Toronto): 204m / 669ft
[IMG]TJ084833 by Josh Kenn Photographics, on Flickr[/IMG]
Thanks for the updates, it amazes me how this boom in Toronto just keeps going!

Old Posted Oct 10, 2017, 5:17 PM
I am the law!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgarian View Post
A different opinion is a good thing, criticizing everything and everyone all the time is completely different, and that's what Whippersnapper does. Anyway, I've moved on from this stupidity, on with construction photos!
Right. You've moved on but, still offer up your two cents.

Why does it matter and on such a personal level (with respects to the comments of attacking everyone) whether someone views the topic at hand critically some of the time or all of the time? They aren't different things once you take the skyscraperpage fanaticism out of the equation.

Old Posted Oct 10, 2017, 6:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper View Post
Right. You've moved on but, still offer up your two cents.

Why does it matter and on such a personal level (with respects to the comments of attacking everyone) whether someone views the topic at hand critically some of the time or all of the time? They aren't different things once you take the skyscraperpage fanaticism out of the equation.
I responded to someone else's comment, not yours. Check your ego and move the fuck on!

Old Posted Oct 10, 2017, 6:31 PM

You said you were moving on 5 days ago - yet here we are

Old Posted Oct 10, 2017, 7:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankieFlowerpot View Post
You said you were moving on 5 days ago - yet here we are
How many posts have I made in those 5 days?

Old Posted Oct 10, 2017, 8:35 PM
I am the law!

Quote:
I responded to someone else's comment, not yours. Check your ego and move the fuck on!

Who the fuck do you think you are? You mention me by name and yet I shouldn't respond because it wasn't directed towards me? Are you ever pompous. I finally see the architect in you.

Once again too, pot shots over giving an actual response. I've been quite honest about this too. I'm not moving on. You guys will have to be the better people if you want this to go back to tall towers rising.

Old Posted Oct 10, 2017, 9:12 PM

Quote:
A different opinion is a good thing, criticizing everything and everyone all the time is completely different, and that's what Whippersnapper does.
All opinions are subjective and as much as it annoys me when WhipperSnapper finds a way to criticize a project I like, or puts forward a pessimistic outlook on a proposal, I can't begrudge him for holding those opinions. What I can't abide is other posters attacking him personally because they don't want to engage in a debate on actual architectural or economic principles. It all goes downhill from there... he reacts to the personal attacks and the lack of interest in substantive debate by becoming condescending and even more negative, and everyone else piles on further by questioning his motives and insulting him. At the very core of the conflict is a fanboy culture pervading this forum that doesn't allow anything but fawning praise over every project.

Old Posted Oct 10, 2017, 9:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramako View Post
All opinions are subjective and as much as it annoys me when WhipperSnapper finds a way to criticize a project I like, or puts forward a pessimistic outlook on a proposal, I can't begrudge him for holding those opinions. What I can't abide is other posters attacking him personally because they don't want to engage in a debate on actual architectural or economic principles. It all goes downhill from there... he reacts to the personal attacks and the lack of interest in substantive debate by becoming condescending and even more negative, and everyone else piles on further by questioning his motives and insulting him. At the very core of the conflict is a fanboy culture pervading this forum that doesn't allow anything but fawning praise over every project.
How about when he attacks someone for having an opinion counter to his? All I said that started this is he is too picky, but then he goes after me personally and starts cherrypicking my posts to prove his "point" lol. I guess this is all my fault though for not just leaving him to his arrogance despite the urging from several others that this is what would happen lol. What a ridiculous debate this whole thing has been. Someone just delete this shit already as the person in question has clearly stated they will keep on with their BS arguing.

Old Posted Oct 11, 2017, 12:39 AM
Midtowner since 2K

Quote:
Thanks for the updates, it amazes me how this boom in Toronto just keeps going!
No problem....yea Toronto is still going strong.....even in two to three years there'll be plenty of big towers going up.....the Bay Park Centre, the Well, One Yonge, possibly One Bloor or Mervish and Gehry, and other waterfront projects...then other things. This boom isn't ending anytime soon.

Old Posted Oct 11, 2017, 7:33 AM

I'm sorry but can you all just move on? Not everyone on this forum is here for the bickering.

Old Posted Oct 11, 2017, 10:25 AM
gettin' rich!

Bay Park Center is an amazing project. The way the towers integrate with union station and the mini rail deck are a plus. And the multi-level Bus Terminal is going to be a cool feature as well. It will be finished in short order by 2020 at least stage 1. I consider this the first real landmark office complex to go up in Toronto since BCE Place/Scotiaplaza. So almost 30 years.

Old Posted Oct 11, 2017, 7:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caltrane74 View Post
Bay Park Center is an amazing project. The way the towers integrate with union station and the mini rail deck are a plus. And the multi-level Bus Terminal is going to be a cool feature as well. It will be finished in short order by 2020 at least stage 1. I consider this the first real landmark office complex to go up in Toronto since BCE Place/Scotiaplaza. So almost 30 years.
Really like the look of that one, though the design may look a little different once construction drawings start. Biggest reason I say that is the glass is all shown as being clear when there will likely need to be some spandrel somewhere to hide the floors, columns, partitions...

Old Posted Oct 11, 2017, 8:38 PM
Love skyscrapers

Quote:
Who the fuck do you think you are? You mention me by name and yet I shouldn't respond because it wasn't directed towards me? Are you ever pompous. I finally see the architect in you.

Once again too, pot shots over giving an actual response. I've been quite honest about this too. I'm not moving on. You guys will have to be the better people if you want this to go back to tall towers rising.
I just picture this when you post

Old Posted Oct 11, 2017, 9:19 PM

Lets actually let this all go now, everyone said their piece, no need to keep piling it on.

Old Posted Oct 11, 2017, 9:45 PM
The Fruit of Discipline

Old Posted Oct 11, 2017, 9:51 PM
I am the law!

Yeah. the BS is overflowing now. I'm even starting to gag.

Old Posted Oct 11, 2017, 10:01 PM
I am the law!

Quote:
Really like the look of that one, though the design may look a little different once construction drawings start. Biggest reason I say that is the glass is all shown as being clear when there will likely need to be some spandrel somewhere to hide the floors, columns, partitions...
This will be one messy design if they don't handle these areas carefully. They need to follow the direction of Bay Adelaide East & Sun Life in Toronto.

Old Posted Oct 11, 2017, 10:23 PM

Quote:
You can have sex with them but you can't bully inanimate objects. You are right. My strong opinions on buildings across our nation aren't being insulted, I am.

Just some advice:

Stop moving about the forum with the conclusion that any less than glowing remark about Edmonton's development is trolling and a personal jab against you or the citizens of Edmonton.
Clearly you are incapable of being anything other than arrogant twat who thinks he's better than everyone else. Oh well. Time to move on, I'll know better next time.

Old Posted Oct 12, 2017, 2:03 AM

Alright folks, lets get back to talking about skyscrapers.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada