HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Downtown & City of Vancouver

Old Posted Nov 13, 2022, 7:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jollyburger View Post
Doesn't it seem more likely they held it for new offices? Seems like a weird spot for a bottling facility and it seems tiny for the size of their breweries.
They have several different offices in Canada and the US (and in Ireland), but the main HQ now is in Toronto, although the company was started in Vancouver. It looks as if the office on Great Northern Way is their IT team.

Anthony Von Mandl who owns the company has a Forbes estimated net worth of $9 billion, so the odd piece of land isn't a big concern. He's a neighbour of Chip Wilson who owns Low Tide Properties, the owner of the offices where the Vancouver staff are based.

Last edited by Changing City; Nov 13, 2022 at 8:05 AM.

Old Posted Nov 13, 2022, 8:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Changing City View Post
That may have been their idea when they bought it, but assuming they haven't already sold it, I imagine their landlord (of the office building) will make them an offer, or joint venture. Lowtide paid over $100m for the Shaw compond, and another $100m+ for the former MEC HQ, so I'm sure they'd like to add that to their portfolio. They apparently either own outright, or with PCI, nine properties on Great Northern Way.
A joint venture or partial sale makes sense.

I can easily believe them owning nine sites, counting individual plots on the campus they could probably total nine without this site.

Quote:
Doesn't it seem more likely they held it for new offices? Seems like a weird spot for a bottling facility and it seems tiny for the size of their breweries.
I'm thinking more of a craft brewery type operation than what their usually facilities area. Really just pure speculation on why they would buy it, the site has a 14-18m height limit currently so office doesn't really make sense.
That said the height limits have easily been increased previously and the Broadway Plan has completely thrown them out for the sites near the station. This is the current bylaw after the Lulu site rezoning (limit there was 36m before).

https://cd1-bylaws.vancouver.ca/cd-1(402).PDF

Old Posted Nov 13, 2022, 3:57 PM

That half finished Onni hotel/retail/commercial/etc. is the weirdest of the bunch.

Great to see most of the other things moving forward.

Old Posted Nov 13, 2022, 4:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarrenC12 View Post
That half finished Onni hotel/retail/commercial/etc. is the weirdest of the bunch.

Great to see most of the other things moving forward.
It'll be intetesting to see what Onni come up with as a new scheme. They can look for more density than the approved project, but they would have to put more rental into the mix. It wouldn't be surprising if they dropped the hotel, as it's not an obvious location for one. I'd expect to see one or maybe too mid-range hotels nearer St Paul's, but not necessarily on this part of the Flats. If we get a very wet winter, I wonder if we'll end up with a lake, like the one that sat in International Village for many years?

The site between Red Truck and the Onni project has sold to a Toronto developer, and no doubt another office and residential scheme will be proposed there too. I assume Red Truck might look to find a more industrial location in time, as that's now looking like a very under-developed site.

Old Posted Nov 13, 2022, 8:17 PM

Quote:
They have several different offices in Canada and the US (and in Ireland), but the main HQ now is in Toronto, although the company was started in Vancouver. It looks as if the office on Great Northern Way is their IT team.

Anthony Von Mandl who owns the company has a Forbes estimated net worth of $9 billion, so the odd piece of land isn't a big concern. He's a neighbour of Chip Wilson who owns Low Tide Properties, the owner of the offices where the Vancouver staff are based.
They took 40,000 square feet for their new offices

https://www.avisonyoung.ca/documents...eMarketReport/

I saw some 2012 article mention Toronto as their head office. But why would all their corporate services be in Vancouver?

Quote:
Mark Anthony’s head office is in Vancouver, Canada, where our Corporate Services Team provides Finance, Compliance, Human Resources and IT support for The Mark Anthony Group of Companies. Our U.S. operations are in Chicago, Illinois, and our global innovation centre and international sales and marketing is in Dublin, Ireland.
https://www.markanthony.com/our-company

Old Posted Dec 17, 2022, 9:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by madog222 View Post
Excavation is in progress for Chroma by Wave Developments at 315-319 E 2nd Ave.

Image from Wave Developments
Crane erection today.

Old Posted Dec 20, 2022, 11:04 PM

Quote:
It'll be intetesting to see what Onni come up with as a new scheme. They can look for more density than the approved project, but they would have to put more rental into the mix. It wouldn't be surprising if they dropped the hotel, as it's not an obvious location for one. I'd expect to see one or maybe too mid-range hotels nearer St Paul's, but not necessarily on this part of the Flats. If we get a very wet winter, I wonder if we'll end up with a lake, like the one that sat in International Village for many years?

The site between Red Truck and the Onni project has sold to a Toronto developer, and no doubt another office and residential scheme will be proposed there too. I assume Red Truck might look to find a more industrial location in time, as that's now looking like a very under-developed site.
I'd be surprised if the City let them drop the hotel portion without a pretty big offer from Onni, the City is pushing hotel use very hard right now due to the shortage.

Also interesting the site sold to a Toronto developer, outside of the very big ones (CF, Oxford, Allied) you don't see them often out west.

Quote:
They took 40,000 square feet for their new offices

https://www.avisonyoung.ca/documents...eMarketReport/

I saw some 2012 article mention Toronto as their head office. But why would all their corporate services be in Vancouver?

https://www.markanthony.com/our-company
As far as I know they don't have a Toronto office at all, and all their main North American and global corporate functions are still out of Vancouver. They do have a Montreal office but I think that is mostly for the marketing dept.

Old Posted Dec 20, 2022, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeftCoaster View Post
As far as I know they don't have a Toronto office at all, and all their main North American and global corporate functions are still out of Vancouver. They do have a Montreal office but I think that is mostly for the marketing dept.
They have a Toronto office - Mark Anthony Wine & Spirits has four corporate offices serving our clients from coast to coast. If you are interested in our brands or are seeking a partner for the Canadian market, please feel free to reach out contact us directly by phone or through the form below.

Toronto, ON 1209 King Street West, Unit 200.

On the company website they say "Mark Anthony’s head office is in Vancouver, Canada, where our Corporate Services Team provides Finance, Compliance, Human Resources and IT support for The Mark Anthony Group of Companies. Our U.S. operations are in Chicago, Illinois, and our global innovation centre and international sales and marketing is in Dublin, Ireland."

But on LinkedIn and glassdoor it says the headquarters is in Toronto, (probably incorrectly).

Old Posted Jan 28, 2023, 11:06 PM

Old Posted Jan 28, 2023, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo604 View Post

Photo source: me

Source: me

This week

Old Posted Jan 28, 2023, 11:09 PM

Quote:

Photo source: me

E 1st Ave & Scotia St, looking south.

A bunch of stuff to note in this area:

- to the north (the opposite direction of this picture) is Onni's 375 E 1st Ave dev. Current site status in a post above this one. Onni link

- also between Red Truck Brewing and 375 is 339 E 1st ave, aka currently a gravel dog park. Daily Hive has a 2019 article about an office proposal. I'm not sure where that is at.

- In the front of the picture is 304 E 1st Ave, article on shapeyourcity.ca. Sign has been up there for some time. Shape Your City says, "The Director of Planning approved the application on November 30, 2021, subject to conditions. A Development Permit may be issued once all conditions have been satisfied."

- And further up the hill is 315 E 2nd Ave which they are currently excavating. Daily Hive describes glowingly as "a relatively minor 100-ft-tall, nine-storey redevelopment within very close proximity to a future SkyTrain station in the False Creek Flats."

That's just from my quick Googling, please feel free to fill in any gaps as necessary.

this week

Old Posted Jan 28, 2023, 11:10 PM

Source: Daily Hive - 319 E 2nd

Dev to the south of above post

Last edited by Jimbo604; Jan 29, 2023 at 5:48 AM. Reason: Added DH link

Old Posted Jan 29, 2023, 12:14 AM
be nice to the crackheads

Quote:
Thanks for the update. This site is a couple blocks away from me. It's moving relatively quickly.

Old Posted Feb 2, 2023, 12:24 AM

Crane lift for 2150 Keith Dr, the Nature's Path HQ building, on the 4th.

http://vanmapp1.vancouver.ca/roadahe...3-9615431de70a

Old Posted Feb 2, 2023, 4:10 PM

Quote:

Cool. It doesn't look that deep in the picture I posted but the site is quite sloping and the picture is taken from the high side. Crane install means they have reached bottom (usually) so a mile stone for the project.

Old Posted Feb 5, 2023, 5:59 AM

Quote:

No crane today.

Mobile crane was set up on E 6th on the steep section of the hill, it was almost humorous how high it was jacked up to level. When I passed by early afternoon they were packing up. Maybe a bit too steep there for the mobile crane?

Old Posted Feb 5, 2023, 5:18 PM

Quote:
No crane today.

Mobile crane was set up on E 6th on the steep section of the hill, it was almost humorous how high it was jacked up to level. When I passed by early afternoon they were packing up. Maybe a bit too steep there for the mobile crane?
I passed by there around 1pm. I had the same reaction to the crane. Everything looked set up though, people just standing around and the crane wasn't lifting anything, the hooks were resting on the pavement.

Old Posted Feb 7, 2023, 2:59 AM

Article about the East Van cross next to Nature Path's building. Looks like it's staying put for the time being.

https://vancouversun.com/news/local-...east-van-cross

Old Posted Feb 9, 2023, 3:01 AM

Nature's Path's HQ - Feb 4th, 2023

my photos

Old Posted Feb 9, 2023, 3:49 AM

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feathered Friend View Post
I think the crane lift was to place those site offices. They have been working the past few weeks to install the scaffold hoarding and I'm pretty sure the office's weren't there before.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Downtown & City of Vancouver