HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Old Posted Yesterday, 4:03 PM
I am the law!

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOWetal View Post
I think this controversy is mostly made up but there is a lack of awareness in some quarters and I guess those that don't frequent the Federal Politics thread here don't see it in posts either but the students that arrived recently are totally different. We now have huge numbers of fake students. These are not the 2015 students from China studying at U of T. They are here only to work and get PR. They are largely but not exclusviely from one region of the world. I think they rescused our housing market by bailing out landlords. Others disagree. Nobody who pays attention doesn't see the problems the influx has created. They didn't cause the problem. They are taking advantage of a legal way to work and stay in Canada despite not having the skills to immigrate to Canada as economic class immigrants. This is on us not them. If they are living so many people to a room they need to wander the streets during some of their off time that is on us as well. Everyone when forced has gone to the bathroom on a street corner or in the forest. It's a basic human function.
Dubious career colleges relating to "fake students" have been prospering in Toronto for nearly a decade. I've never seen anyone defecating on my local beach in all that time. Suddenly, reports of mass defecations have emerged since the Wasaga Beach story went viral. There was one or two major incident that required a complete police lockdown or two of the neighbourhood with evidence of people shitting in flower beds. It was a social justice revolt towards the Victoria Day fireworks celebration. My guess these hoodlums weren't international.

No, it's not a basic function to shit on a street corner. It's not going to kill you to hold it fucking in. It only feels like it will at around Chester Station. If you're going to shit like a dog than carry poop bags with you. Problem resolved

Old Posted Yesterday, 4:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kool maudit View Post
I have no idea whether people are shitting in public in Canada, I have only seen this on right-wing slop accounts like Ian Miles Cheong or whatever. I really have no clue as to whether this is a real thing.

But I do know that it is not a longstanding norm of Canadian poverty to openly defecate in urban places.
I didn't infer the OP to mean people defecating openly, but yeah that's not normal at all.

But it's fairly common for fast food places to now gatekeep their bathrooms, maybe because the homeless end up trashing the place or because they end up ODing in them. A homeless man relieved himself in the lobby of the McDonalds near the Bell Centre after he was refused bathroom entry a year or two ago, and there was a viral video of the same happening at a Tim Hortons in some other part of the country around the same time. I think in both cases they were trying to make a point. Also 24 hour establishments are fairly rare now. It's only a couple of McDonalds that have stayed open, and more commonly they become drive through only after 11 pm. I haven't seen 24 hour Starbucks in over a decade and I'm fairly certain they dont exist anymore. What's common is people end up going in back alleys or in some bush, but every now and then you stumble upon an unhoused person doing their business when you decide to take a shortcut to get somewhere.

I looked up the thing about the beaches, but it seems to mostly stem from a viral tik tok video and there doesn't appears to be much behind the claim. I doubt it's a real thing beyond a few isolated cases.

Last edited by theman23; Yesterday at 4:19 PM.

Old Posted Yesterday, 4:14 PM
I am the law!

It's commonplace for small fast food places to buzz you into the bathroom. However, I've never seen them refuse someone. It's in their best interest to let non customers also use their facilities.

Old Posted Yesterday, 4:15 PM

lol this thread bringing back memories

The good ol bank deposit.

https://youtu.be/9oGefqSDc2E?si=chpQkC3D45-n2gSk

Old Posted Yesterday, 4:30 PM
The Vomit Bag.

Remember the infamous woman who threw her feces at Tim Horton's employees?
Pepperidge Farm remembers.

Woman detained after video appears to show her throwing own feces at Tim Hortons staff

Video Link

Alex Jones (who ironically, is a leading contender for the title of "world's biggest pile of shit") claims that in doing this, the woman was virtue-signalling ("That's how the liberals do it in America").

Old Posted Yesterday, 4:46 PM
Volatile Pacivist

In the HRM, places where there are tents tend to have a porta potty on site. I assume the city rents them to uphold public sanitation standards. Is this not something that happens in the rest of the country? I don't recall ever seeing human feces in a public space here so perhaps that's the difference.

Old Posted Yesterday, 4:56 PM

If we're going to keep this thread, how about renaming it to The Great Canadian "Shitting In Public Spaces" Thread or something along those lines?

Old Posted Yesterday, 4:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MolsonExport View Post
I am going to go out on a limb here, and suggest that maybe the reason why your thread was removed is because it was full of shit.

That made me laugh!

Old Posted Yesterday, 4:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOWetal View Post
I agree it seems like total BS and therefore better shut down but the "nothing to do with skysrapers" seems like a very high bar at this point. It is mildly related to skyscrapers actually as without immigration we won't see many more built and this kind of racist meme is a sign sentiment is very much turning against immigration in Canada.

You really played the racism card on this one? Come on man!

Old Posted Yesterday, 5:00 PM
你的媽媽

Slow day in Canada eh?

Old Posted Yesterday, 5:17 PM
be nice to the crackheads

^ It's the dog days of summer, and street poo smells really bad this time of year.

Old Posted Yesterday, 5:57 PM
Unapologetic Occidental

Some claim it's a fake, but if real the viral video of a guy doing a number 2 next to a gas pump in Brampton doesn't appear to feature an international student, or a homeless person.

Last edited by Acajack; Yesterday at 6:49 PM.

Old Posted Yesterday, 6:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by homebucket View Post
Slow day in Canada eh?
Skyrocketing homelessness is actually a hot topic, as well as a very serious one, these days, with Canada among the very top "shithole countries" of the planet in terms of annual population growth rate. Shit on the sidewalks and in parks is simply a subtopic of this (clearly some mods weren't sure it deserved its own thread, but apparently now it does )

Old Posted Yesterday, 7:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by homebucket View Post
Slow day in Canada eh?
Being in SFO you should be an expert in street poop, no?

Old Posted Yesterday, 8:17 PM
Volatile Pacivist

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatnext View Post
Being in SFO you should be an expert in street poop, no?
That's probably the main reason for his reaction. They consider it so commonplace that it doesn't even warrant a second thought, the same way that pigeon poop on statues wouldn't warrant a big discussion here.

Old Posted Yesterday, 8:22 PM
Unapologetic Occidental

Human beings have the capacity to normalize basically anything.

Old Posted Yesterday, 8:34 PM
The Vomit Bag.

yep. even awfulness. one must remain vigilant.

Old Posted Yesterday, 9:22 PM

Quote:
One, Europe does not have a lot of public restrooms. Stores are not required to have them...
That hasn't been my experience in Germanic Europe. Way more "public conveniences" and many still guarded by fearsome female cleaners looking for a Euro before you can pee.

Old Posted Today, 7:39 AM
video et taceo

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatnext View Post
many still guarded by fearsome female cleaners looking for a Euro before you can pee.

Well up in Scandi-land, these have mostly been replaced by turnstiles and card tap devices. The cleaners remain, as does their surliness, but without a natural point of contact, we are left to grumble past one another.

Old Posted Today, 7:45 AM
Beer me Captain

Quote:
Well up in Scandi-land, these have mostly been replaced by turnstiles and card tap devices. The cleaners remain, as does their surliness, but without a natural point of contact, we are left to grumble past one another.
What always amazes me is that in Copenhagen, they all are staffed and FREE and cleaner than any public (and many private) toilets I've ever used. Damn Danes ....

Meanwhile in Brussels, I've been in horse barns less offensive than most public toilets here ... without having to pay

Do something about your future.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada