HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta

Old Posted Apr 11, 2018, 5:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street Advocate View Post
I didn't realize Yoo on Peachtree would have a grocery. I agree, both of those projects would be fantastic locations for groceries! Regardless of Eviva's design, filling in that lot during this cycle would have made a huge difference to the area, IMO. Feels like Midtown is missing a key piece that would make it feel that much more continuous.
They originally announced that a grocery store was planned at 1138 Peachtree but I seem to recall that the amount of retail space was decreased in the most recent version of 'Yoo on Peachtree', making a grocery store unlikely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketSurgeon View Post
Thousands more units opening over the next couple years and no plan for a grocery store except Whole Foods which it just a niche. Publix is going to have to start charging cover.

Its such a niche that it will be by far the largest grocery store in Midtown.

Old Posted Apr 12, 2018, 12:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuckerman View Post
Maybe it is about time for some Bodegas here and there?
There actually are some more options now like QuickTrip and Savi, and CVS also has a grocery section. I think for quick grabs the south end of Midtown is pretty well served these days. The north end could definitely use something, though. Maybe the Colony Square and Campanile redos will help with that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinman View Post
Its such a niche that it will be by far the largest grocery store in Midtown.
They'll get a lot of business but there's no way they'll do the kind of volume Publix does. Whole Foods is expensive even in suburban locations, I don't even dare to imagine what the prices will be in that one Unfortunately it might kill Savi, which doesn't seem to be doing very well as it is. I don't go there much but when I do I'm usually the only customer.

Publix is like a freaking football stadium at halftime most days. Before Hurricane Irma the checkout lines were literally all the way down the aisles.

Old Posted Apr 12, 2018, 1:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketSurgeon View Post
They'll get a lot of business but there's no way they'll do the kind of volume Publix does. Whole Foods is expensive even in suburban locations, I don't even dare to imagine what the prices will be in that one Unfortunately it might kill Savi, which doesn't seem to be doing very well as it is. I don't go there much but when I do I'm usually the only customer.

Publix is like a freaking football stadium at halftime most days. Before Hurricane Irma the checkout lines were literally all the way down the aisles.
I noticed this about Savi, too. Really hoping new residents go there more often or Savi finds something new to provide. Caravaca market also has some items from a local grocer perspective.

Old Posted Apr 12, 2018, 5:07 PM

Midtown DRC recap

1375 Peachtree Street - Pershing Point
ASD/SKY proposed a renovation and minor expansion of the existing building located at 1375 Peachtree St. This will be a significant update to the dated office building originally constructed in the mid-1980s. The proposal includes a reimagined lobby, new 3rd floor public ‘green’ lounge, ‘ghosting’ the façade white, and a semi-transparent screen facing Peachtree Street. Across the Peachtree Street frontage there will be a small linear park and an expanded courtyard will become an accessible common activity space.

1200 14th Place - Park Modern
Office of Design proposed a new townhouse development near the end of 14th Place. The project consists of 13 units, 4-stories each, with a 6000 SF courtyard on a ½ acre lot accessible by existing alleys. Although DRC generally supported the proposal, it was requested that the applicant coordinate with the City Fire Dept. to assure reasonable accommodation of emergency vehicles as well as with the Midtown Neighbors Association and Ansley Park due to their adjacency and

1155 Peachtree Street - Campanile
Dewberry Capital proposed infill retail and restaurant space around the periphery of the Campanile site including the south portion of Peachtree Street, 13th Street, Juniper Street and the east portion of 14th Street. The two-story addition would add approximately 47,000 SF of new retail space along with upper level office uses of nearly 14,000 SF. The DRC supported the proposal but emphasized the need to address the prominent public plaza at the intersection of 14th Street and Peachtree Street as part of a holistic vision for this highly visible location.

1295 Spring Street
JLL and MetLife proposed a mixed-use development on 3.8 acres at 1295 Spring Street south of 17th Street. The development would consist of 600,000 SF office, 255 key hotel, 350 residential units and nearly 100,000 SF of grocery and retail uses at ground level. The site would be organized around a new street extension of Arts Center Way from West Peachtree to Spring St. consistent with the Midtown Street Connectivity Plan. This new street serves to orient the buildings and provide access through the site. The DRC requested additional attention on the façade along 17th Street along with traffic safety improvements to be coordinated with GDOT via reconfiguration of the new street and driveway proposed along West Peachtree Street.

Old Posted Apr 13, 2018, 8:02 PM

1125 Peachtree Street

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triptychtwo View Post
Survey crew working at 1125 Peachtree site today.
Somethings cooking with this project. It would be icing on the cake to get a major Peachtree Street parking lot site developed.

Old Posted Apr 14, 2018, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinman View Post
Somethings cooking with this project. It would be icing on the cake to get a major Peachtree Street parking lot site developed.
I wonder if they are going to use that lot as a staging area for Dewberry's Campanille retail project?

Old Posted Apr 15, 2018, 2:11 AM

Bingo!

Old Posted Apr 15, 2018, 2:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trainiac View Post
I wonder if they are going to use that lot as a staging area for Dewberry's Campanille retail project?
Why would they waste time and money surveying the site just to put construction trailers and equipment on it?

I thought about 1125 as I was driving by The Whitley today, the hotel formerly known as the Ritz Carlton Buckhead. I wondered if a move to a fresh new Midtown property might be related to the brand change in Buckhead. The 1125 Peachtree rendering that was briefly posted had "The Ritz Carlton" at the top of it. This would also match the Ritz's desire to modernize their image.

And there's also this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwbab View Post
I can confirm that Selig is working with the Midtown DRC on 1125 Peachtree. I saw a committee member holding a packet of documents from Selig titled "1125 Peachtree" at the DRC meeting on Tuesday as they came out of the non-public meeting immediately before the public meeting.
I'm really starting to believe that 1125 Peachtree might be the cherry on top of this boom cycle for Midtown.

Old Posted Apr 15, 2018, 8:07 PM

I've heard rumblings of a big law firm being the anchor tenant at 1125.

Old Posted Apr 16, 2018, 3:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertjhajek View Post
I've heard rumblings of a big law firm being the anchor tenant at 1125.
That would make sense. I know there were several large leases that are expiring in then next few years.

The 1125 rendering looked really tall with a hotel and perhaps residential on top of the office. With a large office component, a vertically stacked mixed use tower could be taller than Opus No2.

Old Posted Apr 16, 2018, 3:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smArTaLlone View Post
That would make sense. I know there were several large leases that are expiring in then next few years.

The 1125 rendering looked really tall with a hotel and perhaps residential on top of the office. With a large office component, a vertically stacked mixed use tower could be taller than Opus No2.
Allegedly, an undisclosed goal is to "overshadow" Opus. That is, if Opus goes vertical.

Old Posted Apr 17, 2018, 1:37 AM

The Ritz-Carlton to Return to Buckhead

http://www.tonetoatl.com/2018/04/The...enox-Road.html

Quote:
A well placed source indicates that plans are being finalized to turn the former Houston's restaurant parcel and the adjacent former Ruby Tuesday restaurant property into a new The Ritz-Carlton Hotel Buckhead. The Ruby Tuesday property is currently occupied by Katana, a Japanese restaurant. Combined, the two properties are about 1.54 acres, according to Fulton County property records.

Old Posted Apr 17, 2018, 7:22 PM

Quote:
Conflicting news on ritz carlton buckhead and that peachtree rendering...

Old Posted Apr 17, 2018, 7:44 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Street Advocate View Post
Conflicting news on ritz carlton buckhead and that peachtree rendering...
Speaking of which, smArTaLlone, did someone pm you to remove the rendering? It's interesting that they said it was confidential.

Old Posted Apr 17, 2018, 7:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant131531 View Post
Speaking of which, smArTaLlone, did someone pm you to remove the rendering? It's interesting that they said it was confidential.
Yes. The owner of the Pinterest account where I found the rendering asked that I take it down saying that they didn't realize it was publicly available. I didn't really ask questions but as long as the thing gets built, I can wait to see a rendering.

Old Posted Apr 17, 2018, 9:27 PM

Quote:
Yes. The owner of the Pinterest account where I found the rendering asked that I take it down saying that they didn't realize it was publicly available. I didn't really ask questions but as long as the thing gets built, I can wait to see a rendering.
Yeah I just had a few pms with said owner of Pinterest account. They said it was a legit rendering. So exciting.

Old Posted Apr 25, 2018, 1:40 PM

Five hotel companies eye big project at Georgia World Congress Center

https://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/...t-georgia.html

Quote:
Five big-name hotel companies are showing interest in a planned 1,010-room convention hotel at the Georgia World Congress Center.

On April 23, representatives from Marriott International (Nasdaq: MAR), Hilton Worldwide (NYSE: HLT), Hyatt Hotels Corp. (NYSE: H), InterContinental Hotels Group (NYSE: IHG) and AccorHotels toured the convention center and the future site of the hotel. It’s set to rise on a portion of the former Georgia Dome property.

Later this week, potential hotel brands are expected to express their “intent to submit” to the RFP that was released March 30. The goal is to pick a hotel brand by June 26.

Boston, Mass.-based Drew Co. is developing the hotel. The project will be entirely state-funded.

Old Posted Apr 25, 2018, 10:20 PM

Quote:
About everyone on that list has a large hotel downtown already. Wondering if the new GWCC hotel would cause the expense of an existing hotel.

Old Posted Apr 26, 2018, 1:35 PM
Development Spectator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrashATL View Post
About everyone on that list has a large hotel downtown already. Wondering if the new GWCC hotel would cause the expense of an existing hotel.
Each of those brands has multiple flags and I'm sure there's room in the market (especially with the proximity to the GWCC) to have multiple tiers from a pricing standpoint. My guess is that this will eventually be a JW Marriott.

Old Posted Apr 26, 2018, 2:07 PM

Cousins Properties eyes 30-story office tower!!

https://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/...ice-tower.html

Quote:
Cousins Properties Inc. has control of a site on West Peachtree Street a block from Technology Square to develop what could be the tallest Midtown office building in almost a decade.

The 30-story tower would rise on slightly less than an acre between 7th and 8th streets, a two-minute walk from the Midtown MARTA station and block east of Tech Square and the new NCR Corp. headquarters.

Initially named 8th and West Peachtree, it is next to new apartment towers and street-level retail along West Peachtree.

The $150 million to $200 million project would redevelop the block that now contains nightspot and bar The Daiquiri Factory.

Pickard Chilton and HKS Inc. are collaborating on the design of the 450,000- to 500,000-square-foot glass tower.

Cousins identified the site at least six months ago and aims to have it under contract by the end of this summer, said Colin Connolly, the Atlanta real estate company’s president and chief operating officer. It could start construction as soon as January 2019.

At 500 feet, Cousins’ new tower could be the tallest developed since 12th and Midtown (1075 Peachtree) was completed in 2010.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta