HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Feb 9, 2014, 4:52 AM

Thanks Skys The Limit! I'm hoping this gets built.

Old Posted Feb 9, 2014, 5:54 AM
Everywhere all at once

That tower is gorgeous. Looks very Dallas..it calls to mind the structure on top of the Renaissance Tower.

...and the Trinity river plan, I already always loved that project, but I feel like I've only just seen a comprehensive site plan for the first time now. ...and OH MY GOD, that will be such a gamechanger for this city. Talk about suddenly being home to one of the nation's better urban waterfronts almost out of thin air. I cannot wait to see this project reach completion.

Also, if that parkway that so many objected to is as narrow and unobtrusive as depicted in that site plan, its effect on the immediate area may be negligible in conjunction with the new park. It looks as if it's more of a HOT lane for the Stemmons that just so happens to be some two blocks or so west of the freeway altogether.

One more thing...perhaps someone in the know could inform me, because I've been wondering this for some time. Wasn't there at one point supposed to be a third Calatrava bridge in addition to the two Margarets? If there ever was, where exactly was that crossing supposed to be located? And is it still a part of the long-range plans? Thanks so much

Old Posted Feb 9, 2014, 6:20 AM

The next phase of the Calatrava project is moving foward

Rendering

http://cityhallblog.dallasnews.com/2...ce-price.html/

Constructing of the bridge at a steel plant in Tampa, Florida

http://cityhallblog.dallasnews.com/2...a-bridge.html/

The new Calatrava bridge will be on I-30.

Old Posted Feb 9, 2014, 9:30 AM
Everywhere all at once

Yes the second one I know about, the Margaret McDermott Bridge. But I'm wondering if there was ever a third included in the plan...as I vaguely recall.

Old Posted Feb 9, 2014, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StatenIslander237 View Post
Yes the second one I know about, the Margaret McDermott Bridge. But I'm wondering if there was ever a third included in the plan...as I vaguely recall.
Ok, yeah the 3rd part of the Calatrava project is still up in the air. Funding for it hasn't been in placed. What's now happening is the start of the $798 million "Horseshoe Project" and the new McDermott Bridge.

http://dallashorseshoe.com/project-overview/

Old Posted Feb 9, 2014, 11:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoninATX View Post
Thanks Skys The Limit! I'm hoping this gets built.
^^^^
You are very welcome! This proposed 48 story tower would make a great addition to the Dallas skyline.

Even without this proposed tower, the fifteen or so towers being constructed in Downtown/Central Dallas right now, or soon to start, will in the next couple of years create a level of central urban density unequalled in the Southwest.

Under construction now in Dallas' central core:

24 story Skyhouse residential tower, Victory
24 story West Village Tower (3700M), Uptown
22 story Frost Bank Tower, Uptown
18 story Hall Arts Tower One (with 29 story and 50 story towers to follow), Arts District
18 story JLB apartment tower (former St. Regis Hotel site), Uptown
16 story Richards Group HDQ tower, Uptown

Groundbreaking expected this year in Dallas' central core:

31 story Blu Ciel residential tower, Uptown
25 story McKinney & Olive (Crescent tower across from the Ritz towers), Uptown
25 story KDC tower, Victory
24 story Great Gulf residential tower, Uptown
22+ story Streetlights residential tower, Uptown
20 story One Dallas residential tower (version of Chicago's Aqua Tower), Uptown
16 story Dream Hotel, Uptown
14 story 1900 Cedar Springs residential tower, Uptown

The above lists are by no means complete but just what I could readily think of while writing this.

And it does not include the proposed towers awaiting starts - including the significant multi-block Spire complex next to the Arts District, the 29 story and 50 story next phase of Hall Arts Towers in the Arts District, the seven or eight towers remaining in Harwood's 17 block Uptown master plan including the 50 story Lexi, the large Ken Hughes Riverfront complex, Phil Romano's recently announced $2 billion dollar Trinity Groves West Dallas mega-project, etc., etc.

As more than just a minor newsworthy event, BIG LEAGUE A-list commercial real estate developers are all positioning themselves with prime real estate in Downtown Dallas for significant "signature" skyscraper projects, of which supertalls are in the discussion mix:

* Trammel Crow's recent land purchase
* Ross Perot's recent land purchase (100 story tower once proposed here)
* Tim Headington's recent land purchases

There are too many to count of the 6-10 story developments underway right now and/or starting in the very near future in Dallas' core, literally transforming block after block of central city neighborhoods.

Dallas and the Dallas area leads the nation in apartment and multi-family development with more than 25,000 apartments under construction today (http://www.dallasnews.com/business/c...apartments.ece). Dallas is projected to remain in the number one spot for at least the next three or four years.

Additionally there are scores and scores of older buildings in the CBD being repurposed into highrise residential towers and hotels, either currently in process or soon to start.

When the Trinity Lakes project begins to kick into high gear in the next year to create three urban lakes and recreational amenities at the foot of Downtown, in the next decade Dallas will take on the look and feel of a Chicago with a dense cityscape of highrises and skyscrapers lining both sides of a premier urban waterfront featuring significant ceremonial bridges, rebuilt 23 lane freeways (I-30 & I-35) and a new $2 billion dollar Trinity toll road enhancing traffic access into the Downtown Dallas core.

And all this while multi-billions going into transit oriented commercial, residential and public works developments along DART's rail stations, both Downtown and fanning outward from the City's center.

Central Dallas is quietly undergoing a massive increase in density and urbanization that is basically unequalled in the Southwest.

Good times indeed for Dallas!

Old Posted Feb 10, 2014, 12:05 AM

Nice rundown Skys The Limit. Dallas is going crazy with all the projects that are U/C and proposed. 2 things that I'm really excited about! The Trinity River project, and the Dart expansion to DFW. All I can say is that ridership for the Dart rail is going to increase once complete. Airport travelers now have another option for transportation.

Old Posted Feb 10, 2014, 12:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoninATX View Post
Nice rundown Skys The Limit. Dallas is going crazy with all the projects that are U/C and proposed. 2 things that I'm really excited about! The Trinity River project, and the Dart expansion to DFW. All I can say is that ridership for the Dart rail is going to increase once complete. Airport travelers now have another option for transportation.
^^^^
Thanks again!

You are correct in that the Trinity River project and the DART expansion to DFW International Airport are both going to generate untold growth for Dallas.

Dallas' DART system is so much further along in its scope and size than any other rail system in the Southwest. The population growth and economic benefits accruing as a result of Dallas' decades long investment in DART is beginning to pay off in spades.

Dallas' mass transit lead as compared to other Southwestern cities will continue to benefit it for a very long time to come as everyone else is just trying to play catch up, which is now next to impossible.

Old Posted Feb 10, 2014, 1:20 AM

My first time riding Dart was back in 2000, I thought it was the coolest thing ever and going under the tunnel was an awesome experience. Since then Dart has expanded greatly and imo is one of the best transits around. I know there are many more places that are better but one has to admit Dallas did a great job on the lay out for Dart.

Old Posted Feb 10, 2014, 3:33 AM

I'm actually more excited about the amount of midrise apartment infill going on. Some great projects going up.

Old Posted Feb 12, 2014, 4:54 PM
Verticle

Drove by the AZURE yesterday and saw the crane up for Frost Bank Tower. The maze of cranes are getting pretty thick around here lately!

Old Posted Feb 12, 2014, 6:45 PM

Does anyone know if there's a construction webcam for Frost? I haven't been able to find one on the Internets, but I also can't generally spend a lot of time looking.

Old Posted Feb 12, 2014, 7:38 PM

Old Posted Feb 13, 2014, 1:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dch526 View Post
This redevelopment would seriously be a major game changer for downtown!

Old Posted Feb 13, 2014, 3:57 PM

With Uptown maxing out, the developments keep spilling over to surrounding neighborhoods.

Another tower may be in the works at Dallas’ Victory Park
By Steve Brown
stevebrown@dallasnews.com
9:25 am on February 13, 2014 | Permalink

Dallas’ Victory Park project may be getting a new office tower.

Real estate brokers say that Houston-based developer and investor Hines is looking at building a second office tower in the project on the northwest corner of downtown.

Hines teamed up with the project’s developers in 2006 to build the 17-story, 400,000-square-foot One Victory Park office tower at 2323 Victory Ave. at Lamar Street.

http://bizbeatblog.dallasnews.com/20...ory-park.html/

Old Posted Feb 14, 2014, 3:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by manuelpr View Post
With Uptown maxing out, the developments keep spilling over to surrounding neighborhoods.

Another tower may be in the works at Dallas’ Victory Park
By Steve Brown
stevebrown@dallasnews.com
9:25 am on February 13, 2014 | Permalink

Dallas’ Victory Park project may be getting a new office tower.

Real estate brokers say that Houston-based developer and investor Hines is looking at building a second office tower in the project on the northwest corner of downtown.

Hines teamed up with the project’s developers in 2006 to build the 17-story, 400,000-square-foot One Victory Park office tower at 2323 Victory Ave. at Lamar Street.

http://bizbeatblog.dallasnews.com/20...ory-park.html/
I recently heard about this spec office tower. I believe the height will be 23 floors.

Old Posted Feb 14, 2014, 2:26 PM

Cliff View

326 apartments on 4-plus acres in West Dallas

http://www.dallasnews.com/news/commu...est-dallas.ece

Old Posted Feb 14, 2014, 4:13 PM

This project is still under construction, but it's already expanding:

State Farm is already growing its Richardson office complex with another building

Old Posted Feb 14, 2014, 4:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dch526 View Post
326 apartments on 4-plus acres in West Dallas

http://www.dallasnews.com/news/commu...est-dallas.ece
That area is nice, some of the best views you can get of Dallas due to the topography. Always wondered why there weren't more hotels built here but I'm glad it's finally getting some projects.

Old Posted Feb 15, 2014, 12:00 AM

California tech firm planning move to Downtown Dallas,
bringing 1,000 jobs with it

Sarah Hoffman/Staff Photographer
KPMG Centre has attracted the interest of Omnitracs, a San Diego-based tech firm that is looking to relocate to Texas.

http://www.dallasnews.com/business/c...-to-dallas.ece

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations