HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Midwest

Old Posted Nov 21, 2011, 3:38 AM
Always A Classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayreonaut View Post
My friend just about got kidnapped by a "ladyboy" in Bangkok.
He should have told her to stop being such a dick about it!

Old Posted Nov 21, 2011, 3:50 AM
Registirred User

I suppose that would be the appropriate place for such an incident to take place.

Old Posted Nov 21, 2011, 9:14 PM
Uncle Grandpa

Indianapolis is prepping big-time to host the Super Bowl in a few months. However nobody seems to know why the rash of manhole explosions downtown. Not cool.
Quote:
Just as investigators prepare a review of Indianapolis Power & Light Co.'s safety practices, another series of manhole explosions jolted Downtown late Saturday.

In January, it was by the Athenaeum. In April, within a block of the Circle. May, an office-shaker outside the Statehouse.

Then came Saturday night, when a pair of manholes caught fire on Delaware Street, less than a block from City Market and the City-County Building, and a couple of blocks from Conseco Fieldhouse.

Indianapolis Fire Department officials got a car-on-fire call about 9:15 Saturday night, said spokesman Capt. Eric Hofmeister. A manhole had exploded underneath an unoccupied car, which was by a parking meter on the curb.

http://www.indystar.com/article/2011...t|IndyStar.com

Old Posted Nov 21, 2011, 10:16 PM
EVDS MPlan Grad

Hey Buckeye, I'll be back in Phoenix from Dec. 27th to Jan. 3rd. If you're in the area we could try again to meet up one of the days.

Old Posted Nov 21, 2011, 10:59 PM
E pluribus unum

I was planning on spending a couple of days in Phoenix around Christmas (12/25 to 12/27). I'll see if I can get that extended to December 28

Old Posted Nov 22, 2011, 12:51 AM
I am a typical

Quote:
Men in the third world don't have testicles?
They don't have chairs.

Old Posted Nov 22, 2011, 5:03 AM
disneypilled verhoevenist

I just cooked a cassoulet as properly as I know how. It took about 8 hours of prep and cooking between yesterday and today, plus curing of the duck 24 hours. One of the best tasting things on the planet. I'm a little proud of myself right now, but not that proud.

It contains:

stewed pork shoulder
slow cooked pork hock
old style pork sausage from a neighborhood butcher
confit duck

The only problem is that I can't really eat it until tomorrow, it's sort of payment to the neighbor-friends for moving a bunch of shit for us.

Duck cracklins' melt in yo mouf

The next time I make it, I need to get more stuff from the butcher or a chinese market. Buying some of that stuff - like an entire pork shoulder - was unnecessary and expensive at the normal supermarket. Whole frozen ducks are a ripoff from the supermarket, too.

Old Posted Nov 22, 2011, 5:25 AM
Always A Classic

^Sounds pretty tasty. Duck is a bird that is overlooked in favor of bland turkey and chicken (although duck has much, much, much higher fat content as well).

We're not having a large gathering this year so no need to cook a big, bland, dry turkey for Thanksgiving (and frying it is a PITA too). I've got bird duties this year and since it is just five people I'll probably make a decent sized capon. Usually, even after Thanksgiving, turkey sandwiches, and turkey salad, a good chunk of leftover turkey is thrown out every year - and I hate wasting food needlessly.

Old Posted Nov 22, 2011, 9:52 AM
Registirred User

Old Posted Nov 22, 2011, 3:07 PM
B!tchslapping Since 1999

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland Brown View Post
^Sounds pretty tasty. Duck is a bird that is overlooked in favor of bland turkey and chicken (although duck has much, much, much higher fat content as well).

We're not having a large gathering this year so no need to cook a big, bland, dry turkey for Thanksgiving (and frying it is a PITA too). I've got bird duties this year and since it is just five people I'll probably make a decent sized capon. Usually, even after Thanksgiving, turkey sandwiches, and turkey salad, a good chunk of leftover turkey is thrown out every year - and I hate wasting food needlessly.
You should try a Cajun turkey. Much better.

Old Posted Nov 22, 2011, 4:50 PM
Always A Classic

^ Had it before and I'm not really a fan. I'm not a big turkey fan because they take too much time to clean, prep, and cook and for all the hard effort one is rewarded with a pretty bland tasting bird that really doesn't taste a good as a well roasted chicken.

Old Posted Nov 22, 2011, 6:01 PM
EVDS MPlan Grad

That kid from high school that I mentioned a few days ago created a facebook page. I think it's about imprisoning Obama, for whatever reason. I don't know, it's pretty hard to follow. Apparently Joe Rogan inspired him (isn't that the Fear Factor Guy?).

I don't know whether to laugh at him, or try to meet up with him when I go home and help him get straightened out. He seems to be a bit of a mess right now.

Edit: He also wants to learn Spanish so that he can go to Egypt.

Old Posted Nov 22, 2011, 6:24 PM
E pluribus unum

Is he retarded?

Old Posted Nov 22, 2011, 6:33 PM
EVDS MPlan Grad

He was never the smartest guy, but definitely not retarded. At least not when I knew him.

Old Posted Nov 22, 2011, 9:54 PM
Honored Member

He sounds seriously detached from reality, maybe brain-damaged from heavy drug use. How does he support himself? Or is he dependent on someone else, or homeless? It seems like someone with guardianship authority should intervene and get him into a living situation where he's supervised and protected from himself.

Better than ever and always growing: [url=http://www.robertpence.com][b]My Photography Web Site[/b][/url]

Old Posted Nov 22, 2011, 10:10 PM
Great White Norf

Quote:
He was never the smartest guy, but definitely not retarded. At least not when I knew him.
Kyle, unless he was a close friend he seems like a lunatic that's a lost cause. I was going to report the page to Facebook to get that garbage deleted but don't know what to report it as

Old Posted Nov 22, 2011, 10:13 PM
Great White Norf

In other news, rockyi your Metro area has the GDP equivalent to London (Ontario that is )

http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/show...=195213&page=3

Old Posted Nov 22, 2011, 10:23 PM
EVDS MPlan Grad

I'm pretty sure he still lives with his mom, but I have no idea what that situation is like. He was always a generally happy person (by far the shortest kid in class, but most of the teasing was pretty light-hearted and he took it quite well; in such a small school nearly everyone got along just fine). It does seem like there are many young people in the area that just lose direction after high school, then end up staying at home smoking weed and playing Xbox all day.

That detachment you mention is a real probability; he actually unfriended me last week along with a few hundred others. Hopefully he's got some real friends that can help him pull through whatever it is he's going through right now.

I don't really know what to say. On one hand, it's not really my business to get into, and I shouldn't worry about some guy whom I haven't spoken with in 7 or 8 years; but on the other hand it is kind of hard to watch someone seemingly self-destruct and do nothing.

When it started last week (this really is new) it was funny, now it's sad/scary.

Old Posted Nov 22, 2011, 11:49 PM
Bah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WIGS View Post
In other news, rockyi your Metro area has the GDP equivalent to London (Ontario that is )

http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/show...=195213&page=3
We'll now become sister cities!!...(Isn't London Ontario where Molson Export lives)

Old Posted Nov 23, 2011, 12:23 AM
Registered Loser

Quote:
I'm pretty sure he still lives with his mom, but I have no idea what that situation is like. He was always a generally happy person (by far the shortest kid in class, but most of the teasing was pretty light-hearted and he took it quite well; in such a small school nearly everyone got along just fine). It does seem like there are many young people in the area that just lose direction after high school, then end up staying at home smoking weed and playing Xbox all day.

That detachment you mention is a real probability; he actually unfriended me last week along with a few hundred others. Hopefully he's got some real friends that can help him pull through whatever it is he's going through right now.

I don't really know what to say. On one hand, it's not really my business to get into, and I shouldn't worry about some guy whom I haven't spoken with in 7 or 8 years; but on the other hand it is kind of hard to watch someone seemingly self-destruct and do nothing.

When it started last week (this really is new) it was funny, now it's sad/scary.
at first i thought he was just uneducated but overly passionate about some cause, but looking through that entire wall - i'm actually concerned for this guy. this sounds like a mental snap of some sort. as you're reading these posts, imagine that he's talking to you saying these things - sounds like someone's off their meds.

maybe ask someone back home that you're closer with that could be in contact with him. it sounds like the stuff my great uncle said when he didn't take his schizophrenia meds. he eventually wrote a letter to the mayor of winnipeg threatening to kill him which got the police involved... just a heads up.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Midwest