HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Jul 19, 2021, 4:17 PM

[QUOTE=one_brick_at_a_time;9343793]Do we think Porter could be a possible nonstop USA destination airline from YQR? (If Westjet, Delta, United or American Airlines don’t pan out).

The only way that would happen would be if YQR became a HUB city or at the very least, a focus city in my opinion. I see Winnipeg becoming one of those before Regina.

Old Posted Jul 19, 2021, 4:44 PM

[QUOTE=Robag;9343881]
Quote:
Originally Posted by one_brick_at_a_time View Post
Do we think Porter could be a possible nonstop USA destination airline from YQR? (If Westjet, Delta, United or American Airlines don’t pan out).

The only way that would happen would be if YQR became a HUB city or at the very least, a focus city in my opinion. I see Winnipeg becoming one of those before Regina.
But could it be possible for Porter to do a USA flight from Regina after doing a Toronto flight or something like that? Toronto-Regina-Denver-Regina-Toronto etc.?

Old Posted Jul 20, 2021, 3:13 PM

I can't see Porter doing YQR-(MSP|DEN|ORD) unless Porter starts codesharing with airlines that have significant presences in those airports.

While some people actually go to Minneapolis or Chicago or Denver from Regina, the large majority of passengers are using the flight as a means to get to a connecting flight, and there are risks (and usually higher costs) with booking separate tickets on your own through a hub airport.

I've flown through DEN and ORD from YQR many times, but always to other places (MCO, FLL, SAN). The only times I've actually visited Denver and Chicago, I drove (we were en route to more distant places but spent time in each city - two separate trips).

Old Posted Jul 20, 2021, 4:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoJim View Post
I can't see Porter doing YQR-(MSP|DEN|ORD) unless Porter starts codesharing with airlines that have significant presences in those airports.

While some people actually go to Minneapolis or Chicago or Denver from Regina, the large majority of passengers are using the flight as a means to get to a connecting flight, and there are risks (and usually higher costs) with booking separate tickets on your own through a hub airport.

I've flown through DEN and ORD from YQR many times, but always to other places (MCO, FLL, SAN). The only times I've actually visited Denver and Chicago, I drove (we were en route to more distant places but spent time in each city - two separate trips).
So more likely getting an American Airline to add a nonstop spoke flight from one of their hubs then a Canadian airline trying to add an American flight from Regina?

I’m guessing because of previous relationships YQR is trying United or Delta, but I would love American Airlines to finally fly to Regina (even though OneWorld has no Canadian code share partners)

Delta Airlines:
Calgary, Edmonton, Montreal, Saskatoon, Toronto, Vancouver, Winnipeg
United Airlines:
Calgary, Edmonton, Montreal, Halifax, Ottawa, St. John’s, Toronto, Vancouver, Victoria
American Airlines:
Calgary, Montreal, Toronto, Vancouver
Alaska Airlines:
Vancouver, Victoria, Calgary, Edmonton
JetBlue: will start flying to Vancouver in 2022.
Southwest Airlines: can’t expand to Canada until it can accept Canadian currency.

Last edited by one_brick_at_a_time; Jul 20, 2021 at 4:46 PM.

Old Posted Jul 20, 2021, 9:02 PM

Quote:
So more likely getting an American Airline to add a nonstop spoke flight from one of their hubs then a Canadian airline trying to add an American flight from Regina?

I’m guessing because of previous relationships YQR is trying United or Delta, but I would love American Airlines to finally fly to Regina (even though OneWorld has no Canadian code share partners)

Delta Airlines:
Calgary, Edmonton, Montreal, Saskatoon, Toronto, Vancouver, Winnipeg
United Airlines:
Calgary, Edmonton, Montreal, Halifax, Ottawa, St. John’s, Toronto, Vancouver, Victoria
American Airlines:
Calgary, Montreal, Toronto, Vancouver
Alaska Airlines:
Vancouver, Victoria, Calgary, Edmonton
JetBlue: will start flying to Vancouver in 2022.
Southwest Airlines: can’t expand to Canada until it can accept Canadian currency.
Before the pandemic, it sounded like the Regina Airport Authority was eyeing a return to Denver with United. There was also talk of Westjet offering their Encore service to Minneapolis as Westjet and Delta have a code-share agreement. Now that it will take a couple years or more to get back to pre-pandemic levels, I don't see any of these happening for quite some time. This of course is just my opinion. I have zero knowledge of what might happen post-pandemic. A service to Denver would be great. I've personally flown through there numerous times when they had service here, and thought it was great. I preferred it to Chicago. Centrally located, straight south of here with a less than 2 hour flight, and connections to all over the states. Can't go wrong with that kind of service.

Old Posted Jul 20, 2021, 9:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robag View Post
Before the pandemic, it sounded like the Regina Airport Authority was eyeing a return to Denver with United. There was also talk of Westjet offering their Encore service to Minneapolis as Westjet and Delta have a code-share agreement. Now that it will take a couple years or more to get back to pre-pandemic levels, I don't see any of these happening for quite some time. This of course is just my opinion. I have zero knowledge of what might happen post-pandemic. A service to Denver would be great. I've personally flown through there numerous times when they had service here, and thought it was great. I preferred it to Chicago. Centrally located, straight south of here with a less than 2 hour flight, and connections to all over the states. Can't go wrong with that kind of service.
I like Denver as well.

Old Posted Jul 20, 2021, 10:01 PM

Also has the added benefit of being close to mountains for winter getaways.

Old Posted Jul 21, 2021, 3:36 AM

Quote:
Updated from the Air Canada website:

Daily August 1st to Sept. 6th. So we have a month people! Lol
Some great news. YQR to YUL Flights are now August 1st to October 12th.

Old Posted Jul 21, 2021, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Some great news. YQR to YUL Flights are now August 1st to October 12th.
I will take advantage!!

Old Posted Aug 2, 2021, 5:23 PM

Saw the new direct Regina to Montreal plane takeoff yesterday. Air Canada CR-J 900 they are using.

Old Posted Aug 11, 2021, 5:02 PM

I just found flights from YQR-YVR return for $148 in late September. Doubtful that these will be around for this price for long...

Old Posted Aug 11, 2021, 9:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDM753Fan View Post
I just found flights from YQR-YVR return for $148 in late September. Doubtful that these will be around for this price for long...
They've been like this for at least a few months. I know several people (myself included) who've taken advantage.

Old Posted Aug 23, 2021, 5:47 AM

Flair Airlines

Has anyone used Flair yet? I'm looking at them for the Toronto Regina flight and prices looks pretty decent but wondering what size of plan they use and if people have had good experience with the airline?

Old Posted Aug 23, 2021, 1:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechnicalRecession View Post
Has anyone used Flair yet? I'm looking at them for the Toronto Regina flight and prices looks pretty decent but wondering what size of plan they use and if people have had good experience with the airline?
Flair has been flying Boeing 737 Max 8's into Regina.
I haven't heard anything about their service or experiences.

Old Posted Aug 23, 2021, 2:43 PM

Quote:
I know people who've flown them on other non-Regina routes. They seem fine.

Understand that they are very budget-oriented so there are additional charges for everything beyond having the right to sit on the aircraft, even, if I recall correctly, carry-on bags (I think you can, without paying, bring a personal item that goes under the seat in front of you, but bags in the overhead bins cost extra, as do checked bags).

For me, they'd be great for a weekend getaway but I think AC/WS would be better choices when you actually need to bring anything substantial with you.

Old Posted Aug 24, 2021, 1:51 AM

[/QUOTE] For me, they'd be great for a weekend getaway but I think AC/WS would be better choices when you actually need to bring anything substantial with you.[/QUOTE]

Same here. If you've got the time to book around their schedule they're great. I've priced them out multiple times and their pricing is stellar, although I've never been able to make their schedule work. I hear that their planes are new and clean and its hard to knock them. If you know in advance you're going to have to buy beer and chips its not such a bad thing right?

Old Posted Aug 24, 2021, 8:47 AM

Quote:
No I have not used Flair Airlines and but heard their prices are affordable. But looking at Summer 2021 Flair flights on flight tracking websites, show they been usually “Late” to their destinations in Canada!

But I have Mainly flown with Air Canada, WestJet in Canada.
Also on few International airlines like: China Southern, China Eastern, Air China,Cathay Pacific and Alaska Airlines in the US.

Old Posted Aug 26, 2021, 4:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calfan12 View Post
No I have not used Flair Airlines and but heard their prices are affordable. But looking at Summer 2021 Flair flights on flight tracking websites, show they been usually “Late” to their destinations in Canada!

But I have Mainly flown with Air Canada, WestJet in Canada.
Also on few International airlines like: China Southern, China Eastern, Air China,Cathay Pacific and Alaska Airlines in the US.
Great thanks everyone! They have better prices than both west jet and air Canada for the flight I'm looking at including all the extra charges so may try them!

Old Posted Aug 26, 2021, 9:32 AM

Looks like Sunwing Airlines ✈️ plans to add Saskatoon and Regina, Canada (seasonal) sun destinations this upcoming winter starting December 2021.

https://globalnews.ca/news/7951818/s...-destinations/

Old Posted Aug 26, 2021, 1:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calfan12 View Post
Looks like Sunwing Airlines ✈️ plans to add Saskatoon and Regina, Canada (seasonal) sun destinations this upcoming winter starting December 2021.

https://globalnews.ca/news/7951818/s...-destinations/
Mentioned back on thread page 105 since that news was from June 15th.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan