The north side of this building really is the prettiest. And the crown has turned out surprisingly nice! I think once the crane comes down and the finishing touches go on this tower, it'll end up quite nice in the end. Certainly looking much more finished that our previous tallest.
^^^This tower topped out a while back. Additionally, this tree has a root box. There is a private amenity area on the very top floor of this building. I would imagine seeing another tree or two heading up there.
Never ever would I have imagined until the past few years that Austin could someday rival the skylines of Houston and Dallas and then maybe even someday Chicago. my mamaw lives in Spicewood and our family farm is still there. So I’ve been visiting Austin since the early 90s. I remember when Austin was nothing but the state Capitol building and a few basically mid rise towers. I remember when Austin was weird. The Austin I remember from when I was a kid was the Austin portrayed in Richard Linklater amazing film Slacker.
^^^This tower topped out a while back. Additionally, this tree has a root box. There is a private amenity area on the very top floor of this building. I would imagine seeing another tree or two heading up there.
We were out at Lake Travis today, and on the way back south I had time to see it better now that the crown is finishing up. I gotta say, I'm not loving the north/northwest view of it. It just looks so bulky and shapeless from that side. I still say my favorite views are the south, southwest, east, and northeast sides.
Location: Anchorage-Austin-Anchorage-Austin and so forth...
Posts: 1,627
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinFromTexas
We were out at Lake Travis today, and on the way back south I had time to see it better now that the crown is finishing up. I gotta say, I'm not loving the north/northwest view of it. It just looks so bulky and shapeless from that side. I still say my favorite views are the south, southwest, east, and northeast sides.
Maybe they should just keep the area where the elevator was as is so it matches the rest of the building.
Don’t y’all think we’re being a little hard on this tower? I mean, once they fill in the remaining sections with glass this thing is going to look beaut- wait… Oh you say they are finished? Ohhhhh. Oh nOo.
Maybe they should just keep the area where the elevator was as is so it matches the rest of the building.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbywest87
Don’t y’all think we’re being a little hard on this tower? I mean, once they fill in the remaining sections with glass this thing is going to look beaut- wait… Oh you say they are finished? Ohhhhh. Oh nOo.
Every building deserves to have at least one finished side; when finished, and Uhm...No, we are not being too hard on this building!