Quote:
Originally Posted by esquire
Not that I know of, but judging from existing streetscaping along Osborne I think we can make a pretty informed guess as to what it's going to look like...
|
That's too bad, we should emphasize building a beautiful environment where people will actually want to spend time. To me, that corner and several others along Osborne are no brainers for beautifying and improving the human-scale experience. I think referring to it as "pedestrian" would be missing the point that that stretch of Osborne should be a destination. I think that it's at its best when they used to have those street parties for Canada Day. Do something that would bring people to the area, narrow the street, widen the sidewalks, introduce many traffic calming measures, make trucks use alternative routes, and do the exact same for Corydon up to Stafford.
I like to daydream a similar scenario for parts of Provencher as well. Let's make these areas desireable.